Trask has to be in the driver's seat for the Heisman, right?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
We aren't the ones voting, dork. There's an OSU bias and you know it.

Fields has completed 85% of his passes so far this season. 85 percent. Never seen a completion percentage that high.
This is true. The media gets a hard on for the bucknuts.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The season started out with a two man hiesman race, Fields and Lawrence, they spend 25% of the Clemson game Saturday night talking about how the game would be different if Lawrence was in the game. Trask has been a great story, but you could make the argument that Pitts is the most talented dude on our offense. But he plays Tight End. They are looking for reasons to give it to either Fields or Lawrence, both would have to seriously fail to look elsewhere.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The season started out with a two man hiesman race, Fields and Lawrence, they spend 25% of the Clemson game Saturday night talking about how the game would be different if Lawrence was in the game. Trask has been a great story, but you could make the argument that Pitts is the most talented dude on our offense. But he plays Tight End. They are looking for reasons to give it to either Fields or Lawrence, both would have to seriously fail to look elsewhere.
Wuerffel and Tebow had some really talented guys on the roster too. Arguably more talented. But the QB touches the ball every play and runs the offense.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wuerffel and Tebow had some really talented guys on the roster too. Arguably more talented. But the QB touches the ball every play and runs the offense.

Agreed on both Wuerfell and Tebow. Both were high on the expected list and due to media. Wuerfell came into the season as a favorite and Tebow had the media and an upper classman who was leading the vote go down with injury. The narrative was already being written for the other two at the end of last season (similar to Wuerfell), they would have to completely fall off the map. This is the same issue I have with pre-season polls.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’m guessing 5 qb’s will be finalists... Jones, Fields, Lawrence, Trask, and Zach Wilson from BYU. His stats are comparable to Trask, albeit against lesser competition. Fields will win it, most likely though.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I’m guessing 5 qb’s will be finalists... Jones, Fields, Lawrence, Trask, and Zach Wilson from BYU. His stats are comparable to Trask, albeit against lesser competition. Fields will win it, most likely though.

If Fields only plays 7 or 8 games, it would be a crime if he wins it. He's a hell of a player, and if he had gotten a full season (w/ the cupcake stat run-ups) he'd likely have easily won it. But because his conference went full on "woke" he should be eliminated for only playing 7 or 8 games.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
4 TDs a game average all season how could he not win? Although it’s a shame they don’t award the trophy post playoffs

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As scary as this sounds... If Franks doesn't get hurt, Trask wouldn't be playing and, dismantling opposing defenses, Think about that one?

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
If I remember correctly, the votes go in after the conference championship games.
Either way, if Trask keeps up with his consistancy (and I think he will) then he will be invited to the ceremony.
If he continues to be phenomenal and we win the SEC, I think he wins it.
He's already won it in my mind, but I might just be a little biased .
There are some great contenders out there, but Trask has accomplished the most and has really elevated his team.
He's definitely in the top five of the best college football players in the nation.
Just my opinion of course; I don't pay much attention to all the other teams.

The voting deadline for the Heisman Trophy will be Monday, Dec. 21 with Heisman finalists announced on Christmas Eve

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb