Trask has to be in the driver's seat for the Heisman, right?

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
They’re gonna tear em down anyway...All the Heisman recipients at UF are white after all and Trask would be one too many

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
On a random note, if Mullenzes runs Trask and he gets injured, he needs to be fired on the spot. I cringe everytime I see him run.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good one but it's not even on Frat Row, dumbass. That house and the lion prominently displayed in front of it face onto Museum Road, a main east-west campus thoroughfare. Look, there's no shame in being a bandwagon Gator fan who didn't attend UF.
:yawn:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
:facepalm: Go look at a campus map then come back and rescind your guarantee.

My Dad would drive down that road, (or maybe the road perpendicular to Museum Dr), when I was a wee lad and I would yell as we passed the waste treatment facility:
"hold your nose Daddy, there's the doo doo machine"

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So it turns out that Pasty, who must henceforth refer to himself in the third person, predicted Trask for Heisman in this epic Haiku way back in July of 2018, before Trask had even played a down:

Gator Haikus

Son of a preacher
Hobby Lobby, Chick Fil A
Kyle Trask wins Heisman

...wait, there's more. Check out Pasty's Heisman prediction using applied logic in this Hall of Fame (you're welcome) thread from 2015:

UF beats out Houston Baptist to land High School backup QB

...and that's not all! Pasty gave his football analysis of Trasks skills in this 2017 thread. Did Pasty predict a Heisman? You bet he did:

Pros/Cons for each QB

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
:facepalm: Go look at a campus map then come back and rescind your guarantee.
You took me a bit too literally. The BHG reference was to him not knowing where Plaza of the America’s was. He told me that other than a few visits to BHG, Reitz (which I am aware is EAST of BHG!) and the OConnell Center, he stuck to the law school and law library.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
He doesn't have it sewn up. If he falters against Bama I doubt he gets it.
Not my point. I am not predicting he has anything sewn up. I just thought it was interesting that media outside Florida, and in Georgia no less, was giving KT some Heisman love.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How could you justify Fields when he has only 6 games and his "biggest" wins would be over Michigan and Penn State who may combine for 1 win and Indiana who is doing well this year, but still Indiana. Clemson has a harder schedule

How could the same people who justified Crouch over Grossman do that? That honestly a question?

Matt Jones Alabama is getting serious love while playing on maybe the most loaded team in college football. The best thing that happened to Trask's candidacy is that the Suckeyes, TrailerBama and Lawrence were out this week and most likely next week and we were the prime time game. The problem with that is at the end of the season, we might have a bye week, while all three will be playing due to the ever shifting schedule.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
You posted a comment saying that your friend went to law school at UF and you, "guarantee he never made it to frat row." I told you to look at a campus map because the law school is directly adjacent to Frat Row.

If your friend ever drove around and around the law school parking lot looking for a precious spot, I guarantee you that he, "made it to frat row," and knows exactly where it is. Anyway that's beside the point of what was being discussed, the lion statue, because it is not on Frat Row.

Yeah, your point was that you heard a guy say on the radio say that, "Trask basically has the Heisman sewn up." My point was that I disagree with the guy you heard on the radio, because Trask needs to beat Bama and that's nothing to take for granted.
Whatever.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At the risk of being called several names, I have to say this.

Given the political climate in America today do you really think that the Heisman committee is going to give the trophy to a white player as long as Justin Fields is in the race?

Do you really?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The poor-bastard finalists this year can't even go to New York. It's a retarded "virtual" ceremony, where you can receive your e-trophy and then give your acceptance speech into the dirty microphone of your six-year-old MacBook, wearing nothing but boxer briefs from the waist down. Then sit around for six weeks until the trophy shows up via FedEx in a battered box with a broken-off left arm because some minimum-wage, pizza-faced asshat teenager in the warehouse didn't bother to use packing peanuts, just tossed it in.

It's an insulting joke and a disgrace, and I feel so bad for the finalists. I'm embarrassed to be an American right now. The Heisman Trophy should be literally shoved up the ass of whoever assembled this virtual garbage.

I couldn’t have said it any better!!!

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
UF QB Kyle Trask’s football roots trace back to his late grandfather, a Houston Oilers star

View attachment 27973

Kyle Trask is a humble winner. I'd like to shake the hand (COVID or no COVID) of Kyle's dad for raising such a man as his son. Just wish this season could have been a season without COVID. The Heisman Trophy will be decided between Matt Jones of Alabama and Kyle Trask of Florida and it will come down to their head to head match up in the SEC Championship Game. Both are All-American solid type of guys and as you know Matt Jones is from Jacksonville. (That's Jacksonville,Florida not Jacksonville, Alabama).

The above picture was put on the television screen during last night's ESPN broadcast. It's a picture of Trask's grandfather Orville Trask who played college ball at Rice and then played defensive tackle for two years with the Houston Oilers and one year with the Oakland Raiders. The picture shows Orville receiving the game ball from owner Bud Adams after the Oilers won the first American Football League Championship. According to the article cited in the link above, Orville Trask was a hero for Kyle and is one of the reason's Kyle pursued football. I love that name, Orville Trask. Old school right there.

The American Football League operated for ten years before merging with the NFL in 1970. The old AFL was something else and a lot of people were sad to see it go it joined the NFL. Those old Oilers had some cool helmets with an oil well symbol on the side of the helmet They had stars like George Blanda, Billy Cannon, and fullback Charley Tolar who was known as the "Human Bowling Ball" because of his 5 foot 6 inch 200 pound frame. The old AFL was fun to watch.

The AFL was a much better league to watch than the NFL back in the day

Much like the ABA/NBA comparison a decade later, the AFL featured a more wide open passing game and progressive approach

Also similar to the ABA, today’s product is a direct reflection of the alternative league than the stodgy NFL game of the time

As a kid in the 60’s, I thought the AFL was ten times cooler than the NFL that my father preferred

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If we win out and Trask lights it up in an SECCG victory, they have to give him the award. And if he wins the award, he's supposed to be immortalized alongside our other three winners. The criteria has been established. Win the Heisman, get a statue.

But even if Trask wins, when I look at this picture right here...

Em3l8toWEAIz-yu

...I have to say sorry boys, but I'm like ol' Ray Charles on that one. I just can't see it happening.

The current mindset of the UF administration, faculty and much of the student body is such that rather than add that fourth statue, they will probably come up with some gobbledygook such as, "we're no longer honoring individual players from team sports," and proceed to take the other three statues down instead.

Mark my words, if Trask keeps on throwing TD's and winning, within a few weeks you'll begin hearing murmurs - it'll start with a tweet, then a guest column or letter to the editor in The Alligator - about how the potential 4-statue lineup pictured above is, "problematic due to its lack of diversity."

I wish I could disagree with you but you are spot on

Anything that features white people is racist. Everyone in the UF administration agrees

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, wasn't me. But seriously, half the time you have to park in frat row for the law school. :bwahaha:

There's a library at the law school?:backout:

And on another note, Chuck Oliver, who is syndicated throughout the southeast, including Gainesville, opened his show saying Kyle Trask should be #1 on everyone's Heisman lists.

Chuck Oliver ain’t woke so his opinion is racist

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How could you justify Fields when he has only 6 games and his "biggest" wins would be over Michigan and Penn State who may combine for 1 win and Indiana who is doing well this year, but still Indiana. Clemson has a harder schedule

Have you been in a coma for the last year?

He’s overcome racism at UGA which garners significant bonus points

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
The poor-bastard finalists this year can't even go to New York. It's a retarded "virtual" ceremony, where you can receive your e-trophy and then give your acceptance speech into the dirty microphone of your six-year-old MacBook

If they don't have one, can Cam Newton supply the laptops for the finalists?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
At the risk of being called several names, I have to say this.

Given the political climate in America today do you really think that the Heisman committee is going to give the trophy to a white player as long as Justin Fields is in the race?

Do you really?
You thing Trash being a white Baptist racist nazi klansman will hurt?

What if he wore a Che shirt sometime?

FWIW I will be right there w you guys if Trash's Trophy is the victim of reparations. Im a Trash :nutswinger:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.