• Will never sniff an NFL roster

Votes: 15 8.0%

• Total voters

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He will clearly be a backup. Why break 12 years of tradition?

Re: arm strength - it seems he has plenty of zip when throwing over the middle. It’s those damn floating lollipops that are a pick-six waiting to happen that scare the hell out of me, but I don’t think those are lack of arm strength as much as conscious decisions to put loft and touch (many times unnecessarily).

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think he’s a second round pick. Great frame. Great decision making. Patient in the pocket. Nice catchable ball. Quick release.

Big arms will get you into the NFL. But it doesn’t guarantee success in anyway. Most big arms aren’t even successful in the NFL.

The NFL wants smart patient quarterbacks.

As for experience – Brady basically didn’t play in college.

And before people go bananas on that, I’m not comparing his skill to Brady - just his experience level.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Way too early to really tell...he needs a ton more experience but he seems to be very coachable and a quick learner. I don’t think he’s got the arm for a starter in the NFL but could maybe be rostered for a bit. If he had Franks arm strength then you’d really have something

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think his lack of experience will be an issue for NFL. He has good measurables though. Maybe a mid to later round flyer. He's the ideal NFL backup TBH.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think he’s a second round pick. Great frame. Great decision making. Patient in the pocket. Nice catchable ball. Quick release.

Big arms will get you into the NFL. But it doesn’t guarantee success in anyway. Most big arms aren’t even successful in the NFL.

The NFL wants smart patient quarterbacks.

As for experience – Brady basically didn’t play in college.

And before people go bananas on that, I’m not comparing his skill to Brady - just his experience level.
Tom Brady started 23 games at Michigan and threw for 4,773 yards and 30 TD’s....with 17 interceptions. Brady was also not known to have a good arm.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One thing he has going for him is that teams know if they draft him he's not going to pout and lose focus if he isn't the starter right away or ever.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Strangely, I think that he needs to come back if he wants to play in the NFL. I expect a good O-line next year and alternating with EJ would produce the kind of offense that would get a lot of media.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think being able to get the ball out quickly trumps pure arm strength as a QB asset. Its the half second extra during the windup that lets DBs react to the ball early enough to defend a pass. Also, not sure where the lack of accuracy comments are coming from...I've been amazed at his ability to put the ball where it needs to be. He seems to really have the knack for throwing a receiver open, putting the ball between defenders. Most of his errant passes that have been picked seem more like a communication issue with the receiver than just sailing a bad pass.

I thought his 4th down scramble yesterday was frankly awesome. Moved well to avoid pressure, had patience and waited for the defenders to commit to stopping him, then zipped the ball to Pitts where only he could catch it. Stuff like that is what wins football games.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I thought his 4th down scramble yesterday was frankly awesome. Moved well to avoid pressure, had patience and waited for the defenders to commit to stopping him, then zipped the ball to Pitts where only he could catch it. Stuff like that is what wins football games.

Stuff like this makes it seem like he has been playing all along.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Strangely, I think that he needs to come back if he wants to play in the NFL. I expect a good O-line next year and alternating with EJ would produce the kind of offense that would get a lot of media.
Where did anyone say he’s gonna opt for the draft after this season?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think if he continues to improve he has a shot to be a late round pick. Several concerns (arm strength, experience), but lots of things to like (attitude, accuracy, size, coachable, smart).

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Have your laugh McChuckles, Trask is gonna replace Brady and keep the dynasty rolling. You heard it here first.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I'm not sure how he's going to fare at the combine, but the guy's putting together an impressive body of work. If you'd have asked me prior to UK, I'd say no chance. But if he keeps progressing he'll get a shot.

Now, those predicting a high draft selection are bat-sh!t crazy! Dude's rarely played since JV and probably won't wow anyone in athleticism.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The noodle arm comments are ridiculous. There’s a very big difference between noodle arm and consciously throwing a ball with touch. Franks has a huge arm but refuses to let off even on short, simple throws. Catchable ball + accuracy >> big arm

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think Trask has a noodle arm at all. More than enough for the NFL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb