Votes: 15 8.0%

• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think Trask has a noodle arm at all. More than enough for the NFL.
And he has an NFL frame. NFL loves measurables.

It wont surprise me if he goes, strike while the iron is hot, given that Mullinz will have multie.running QBs next year and is itching to run HIS offense.

I dont know how NFL will deal with the lack of experience as there has been no one similar in history.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And he has an NFL frame. NFL loves measurables.

It wont surprise me if he goes, strike while the iron is hot, given that Mullinz will have multie.running QBs next year and is itching to run HIS offense.

I dont know how NFL will deal with the lack of experience as there has been no one similar in history.
It may depend on how he finishes the year. If he continues to look great all year, he may just leave.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It may depend on how he finishes the year. If he continues to look great all year, he may just leave.
I really don’t see anyone using a draft pick on a QB with something like 9-10 starts under his belt. Trask would be wise to return and battle with whoever we have next year. He’ll be tough to unseat if he continues to improve.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Absolutley not. He's nowhere near as good as Brady.

Jk, now that I've gotten the GCMB troll stupidity out of the way, I agree with Ox and J (although 2nd rd might be a tad high? Maybe 3rd or 4th?). No clue if he'll ever be a productive starter, but maybe he surprises a few people.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

No doubt he is an NFL prospect. He may stay out of loyalty to the university and the fact that he'll only have one season of experience, but we are going to lose 4 or 5 WRs. Without those weapons to throw to, it may be difficult for him to match his stats for this year. Assuming he continues to play well, his draft stock will likely be higher this year than next.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Scary thought: Trask decides to hit the draft and capitalize on his Cinderella story after defeating UGA and leading the Gators to Atlanta (who knows from there). Franks returns as starter. Back to mediocrity.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This noodle arm theory is a joke. He puts plenty of zip on it when he needs to. I see a few things that translate well at the next level. For one, he can get through all of his progressions. That's pretty rare. He very good with anticipation throws and can throw a receiver open. Those are the 2 biggest things these air raid guys struggle with coming out. Obviously he's a coachable high character guy. If he keeps playing like he has I wouldn't be suprised if he starts getting some love from the scouts. Didn't matt Cassel get drafted without ever being a starter?

Last edited:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's coachable, he will make a team.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So far, 7 haters have voted that Trask won't get a sniff (must be Franks nutswingers). Most of the names on that list aren't surprising, but there a few eyebrow-raising names there. I'm going to have to have a word with those people privately about getting their minds right.

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
if Jeff Driskel has managed to find his way on a roster for however many years now I can't imagine a world where Trask doesn't get a shot.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
if Jeff Driskel has managed to find his way on a roster for however many years now I can't imagine a world where Trask doesn't get a shot.

Right? Trask is better than Driskel after only playing in 4 -5 games than Driskel was after playing for years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bengals practice squad for two years, mostly bc they are the bengals and 49ers had to pay most of the freight.

Yes, Trash is far better but it's always a crapshoot in the NFL. One needs a bit of luck. Would Brissett be playing if Brady didn't get hurt or suspended (I forget which)?

They will like Trash's measurables, and I presume he does reasonably well in the combine.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Let's not pretend brissett was torching secondarys left and right. He was a solid qb at NC state. And he doesn't have a patrick mahomes type of arm either. I guess reading about driskel made me think of it.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Trask certainly has all the tools to make it to the next level. He would have to latch on to a downtrodden NFL team and get a few breaks to get into some games. You just never know in the NFL. A lot of lower star QBs in the NFL so it is possible. Holding that clipboard for a few years has certainly benefited him greatly and now he is making the most of his opportunity to be the man and he has been cool, calm, and collected back there. Hopefully he continues to progress and stays another year.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
When it comes to signing an NFL QB, he is a legit no-risk prospect. QBs are extremely hard to find. Either take him in the late rounds (most teams expect those picks to be role-players anyway), or sign him as a free agent to a practice squad. With the right coach, in the right system, I think he could be more than just a practice squad QB. He's definitely backup quality, at a minimum. Who knows what his upside is... he's just now getting coached and is making the most of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.