• Will never sniff an NFL roster

Votes: 15 8.0%

• Total voters

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Let's not pretend brissett was torching secondarys left and right. He was a solid qb at NC state. And he doesn't have a patrick mahomes type of arm either. I guess reading about driskel made me think of it.

Brissett, has had great offensive coaching in the NFL. That is another aspect people forget, played for McDaniels who is a douche, but knows offensive football. And Reiht (spelling) who was the qb for Wentz and Foles during that Super Bowl year, and put Luck in the best position he had been in his whole career last year.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Brissett is another example of a guy that has far from a rocket arm.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm wondering if you could potentially save a roster billet by signing him. He literally played deep snapper, (that's not a sexual joke about his mother), for four years in high school and he's big enough to play that position and backup QB at the same time. The guy who makes the most in the NFL as a deep snapper is Luke Rhodes for the Colts at $1.6 million. That guy is 6'2 243.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm wondering if you could potentially save a roster billet by signing him. He literally played deep snapper, (that's not a sexual joke about his mother), for four years in high school and he's big enough to play that position and backup QB at the same time. The guy who makes the most in the NFL as a deep snapper is Luke Rhodes for the Colts at $1.6 million. That guy is 6'2 243.

Its not bad pay with good job security L.P. Ladouceur has been the Cowboys Long Snapper for 15 years and is the current NFL iron man with the most consecutive games played.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Trask has an "it" factor that just can't be measured by the standard metrics used to asses a QB's true value. Like this year's UF team, he's just straight-up better than he "should" be. He's doing things after a half season as the starter that many CFB QBs will never do - ever. For me, it's still too early to fully assess his NFL prospects just yet, but I will offer some "grades" that I think are reasonably well in line with his performance to date.

Arm strength - a solid B (noodle arm my ass)
Mobility/athleticism - C (biggest reason for the career backup thing?)
Accuracy - B+ (needs to work on the long ball, but who doesn't?)
Composure under duress - A (I have not seen him get rattled or stymied, not even in BR against the corndogs)
Coachability - A (he seems to absorb coaching at a very high level - especially in-game)
Character/demeanor/leadership - A+ (what's better than A+?)

I'd like to hear from some our posters with a coaching background on the subject of KT's specific strengths and current shortcomings. BMF, cover 2, traz, others?

Last edited:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Trask has an "it" factor that just can't be measured by the standard metrics used to asses a QB's true value. Like this year's UF team, he's just straight-up better than he "should" be. He's doing things after a half season as the starter that many CFB QBs will never do - ever. For me, it's still too early to fully assess his NFL prospects just yet, but I will offer some "grades" that I think are reasonably well in line with his performance to date.

Arm strength - a solid B (noodle arm my ass)
Mobility/athleticism - C (biggest reason for the career backup thing?)
Accuracy - B+ (needs to work on the long ball, but who doesn't?)
Composure under duress - A (I have not seen him get rattled or stymied, not even in BR against the corndogs)
Coachability - A (he seems to absorb coaching at a very high level - especially in-game)
Character/demeanor/leadership - A+ (what's better than A+?)

I'd like to hear from some our posters with a coaching background on the subject of KT's specific strengths and current shortcomings. BMF, cover 2, traz, others?

If he beats UGA and takes us to the SECCG, he may become our GOAT. That'll mean he did it with no real running game to take the pressure off him. Unless a switch flips for the OLine, but I've stopped holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Okay, I think it's safe to state this now: Kyle Trask, #1 overall pick.

Actually, the problem is that if the NFL scouts think Trask is ready "enough", he could choose to leave at the end of the year.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Trask could declare early but it would be a mistake. The simple fact is he lacks experience and he's prone at times to try to do too much as evidenced by the shaky first half against USCe.

One more year would suit him fine and possibly raise his draft stock by a round or three. I think he stays and I think he and UF mutually benefit.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Trask will stay true to his school. He'll play next year. The quandary is, what if FF stays and becomes backup to run like Tebow did his freshman year -- there goes EJ.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Trask will stay true to his school. He'll play next year. The quandary is, what if FF stays and becomes backup to run like Tebow did his freshman year -- there goes EJ.
Will Sammon wrote a Q&A article this week. Says FF has disappeared from the media but his last statement made it pretty clear he’s considering his options. He’s gone. Nothing good comes from him staying.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just can't see FF returning. Trask has looked better. A LOT better in most people's eyes. EJ is next man up after Trask turns over the reigns. Unless AR blasts right past EJ.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You can see why this kid gets people excited. He's big, has excellent footwork and, as seen from the first few seconds of the Pro Day clip, he flips it effortlessly 40 yards downfield.

Easy to visualize, too. Eastside runs a lot of the short and sideways stuff we do. Richardson gets it out of his hands quick.

Hope he has a high football IQ.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You can see why this kid gets people excited. He's big, has excellent footwork and, as seen from the first few seconds of the Pro Day clip, he flips it effortlessly 40 yards downfield.

Easy to visualize, too. Eastside runs a lot of the short and sideways stuff we do. Richardson gets it out of his hands quick.

Hope he has a high football IQ.

Can't wait to see him in the Orange and Blue instead of that Orange and Green. Go Bobcats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.