Treon Harris suspended indefinitely - Accuser drops complaint

Munk

Quitter
Aug 3, 2014
oxrageous;n74855 said:
While I get your point, where's the protection for the MEN that could have their entire lives destroyed over someone lying? It's a two-way street. A woman could make up or embellish a story that would end someone's career, or have them labeled a scumbag for life, or even incarcerated, in minutes. It's a terrible situation.

You want an example? Check out the Duke lacrosse rape case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case

Yes, I remember the case.

The protection MEN have is called due process. Dragging her name through the mud without the police report in hand is nothing more than an attempt at character assassination of the alleged victim.

Is it fair? Probably not. However, until that report is in hand, IMO, building up Treon would have served him better in the court of public opinion than tearing her down.

I agree though, it's a terrible situation. Lots of grey.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
We really need the recanting of her story. I think Coach may be a little hesitant naming Harris the starter if the stigma is still hanging over him. Much more likely if he's given a clean slate.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bernie Machen, reinstate him NOW! And put Grier's redshirt back on him!

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The real tragedy here will be if Treon Harris is not in uniform and on the UF sideline TOMORROW night.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What a week, what a day. Florida loses, then apparently regains its quarterback, while UGA loses its Heisman front runner.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Some will always think she was pressured into recanting her story. So the kid will always carry the stigma to some. Real shame.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n74923 said:
Yeah, his tactics were far too harsh

Very possible. Co-worker of mine also mentioned it could be some kind of settlement but I have no clue.

Munk

Quitter
Aug 3, 2014
Personally, I think that nice press release yesterday was just a sampling of what TH's attorney was threatening to do to her if she didn't recant. But, we will never know the truth. Hope it was all a big misunderstanding and we don't see him trying to steal crab legs any time soon.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wow... I hope they take some action against her to show that they also take false reports seriously. Unfortunately for Treon... he will not play this week, but hopefully he can be on the sideline.

Maybe this also makes Skyler the backup who only plays if needed so Grier can redshirt?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n74945 said:
I assume this has little bearing on the University's investigation?

If she withdraws her complaint why would the University still investigate? I'm not sure what Title IX states, but hopefully they won't investigate if the accuser withdraws the complaint.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm doing it.

tumblr_lsxe5ing9J1qiei0fo1_400.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.