Treon Harris suspended indefinitely - Accuser drops complaint

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gee while I would like the facts to be that his suspension should be lifted, this new information does not do this. It does for a time remove any criminal action, it does nothing for the code of conduct issues. Now for the code of conduct any sex with someone who is under the influence is a violation. He is no way near out of the woods and based on just this new information he won't be.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n75187 said:
Huntley Johnson is certainly under the impression that Harris' suspension has been lifted:

@osgators: Johnson said he Harris can make up his course work: "He is a UF student again. I couldn't be happier. the university did the right thing."

Things look very fluid right now, so we'll see how things shake out.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n75197 said:
This dude is pressuring the University to reinstate TODAY. Is Bernie dragging his feet? He should be the one to make the announcement.

Dragging his feet? Dude we just found out that she withdrew her accusation.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
More from Huntley:

@osgators: Huntley Johnson, Treon Harris' attorney: "He is no longer banned from the campus and he is permitted to resume UF activities." #Gators

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n75203 said:
All I am hearing is stuff from his lawyer. When Bernie coming out with his statement?
Bernie has Title IX and Student Code of Conduct items to consider as well. We just found out that she withdrew her accusation. Give the man a chance to do his job.
You're not still holding out hope he plays tomorrow are you?

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
PastyStoole;n74711 said:
I get your point, but she hasn't hired a lawyer to release a statement in order to impugn Harris' character. She may now, though, and this could very well backfire. I presume you'd be in favor of her hiring a lawyer and making negative statements about Harris' character as well, to now defend herself "in the court of public opinion," in which case it would most assuredly get ugly. If this happened to me I'd be pretty careful about what kind of battle I engaged in in the media and I'd avoid statements that were intended to merely smear the girls reputation. Harris and his attorney ought to be careful of what they ask for, as Winston found out, his attorney's efforts to prop up his character by smearing the alleged victim backfired and he's almost universally viewed as a scumbag by everyone outside of Tallahassee. I'd pretty much have my lawyer stick to specifics about my clean legal history, lack of this type of accusation in the past, exemplary deeds as a citizen, etc..

Are you high? What do you mean she hasn't hired a lawyer?! She made the accusation! If she has evidence, the whole state's attorney's office is working to make her case. Go back and take a 9th grade civics class or watch a few episodes of Law and Order.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's all over boys and girls, he's back. From the Univeristy:

@AlligatorArmy: UF statement: "UF has informed UAA that the sexual battery complaint has been withdrawn, and UF is not proceeding with any action."

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Please note, that along with the wish that athlete-Treon did not do this, goes the wish that the girl did not go through
rape. If she fabricated a vengeful story, then she only has to get over a mean-streak = lot better than having to clear
a power-rape out of your heart & soul.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He has been reinstated to the football team but will not play Saturday:

@onlygators: Florida #Gators announce that QB Treon Harris has been reinstated to the football team but will NOT play Saturday.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Msucahmp has also announced Treon is back with the team. Meanwhile, Gurley still suspended.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n75225 said:
Originally posted by URGatorBait View Post

I wonder if that is real since that wasn't his original twitter account name.

It's from Treon's Instagram account, not twitter.

Ok fine, you win :blahblah:

:lol:

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Hey, anyone else remember when "Free Treon" meant "bench Driskel"? Looks like those good old days are back.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The Original DC;n75232 said:
Msucahmp has also announced Treon is back with the team. Meanwhile, Gurley still suspended.

Thinking this should be the last sentence of all your posts going forward. Kind of like "Alex".:lol:

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
If the alleged victim recanted her story, she could be prosecuted for filing a false report, etc. So she is not likely to recant unless the police further investigate and the evidence clears Treon and implicates her. I would like to see the facts come out either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.