NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n271393 said:
...So did Treon.

I'm not advocating for Treon. I've had little to say in this conversation over the last few months. I want the best Gator who gives us the best chance to win to be on the field when it counts. I don't really care who that is. I would've bet that was Grier, but that was on pure potential, hype, news reports and assumptions about what Mac's preference was for a QB. I still think he may be. We're putting an awful lot of stock into who's playing the first quater of the first game. Hopefully they will have equal reps and one will clearly distance himself as the leader.

I pretty much feel the same way. I expected Grier to win based on size and some footage I've seen of him throwing the ball. Treon made a few nice throws last year but he also threw some balls that really had you scratching your head the accuracy was so terrible. I made a joke about his height earlier in this thread, but I honestly have nothing against the kid. I want whoever is going to help our Gators win to be the starting QB. Don't care who it is, even if it ends up being one of the walk-ons. I think we're all just having a little fun in this thread. I doubt many of the "Treon" haters really care who wins the starting spot. It's just fun to banter back and forth on a message board about it. :lol:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Nine pages...wow.

I'm a little disappointed that Grier didn't blow Treon away and win the starting job from the get go. I remember getting updates of his weekly high school games. He was the next big thing. All-universe stud QB. Of course he was also recruited by Muscrap so who knows.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n271556 said:
I pretty much feel the same way. I expected Grier to win based on size and some footage I've seen of him throwing the ball. Treon made a few nice throws last year but he also threw some balls that really had you scratching your head the accuracy was so terrible. I made a joke about his height earlier in this thread, but I honestly have nothing against the kid. I want whoever is going to help our Gators win to be the starting QB. Don't care who it is, even if it ends up being one of the walk-ons. I think we're all just having a little fun in this thread. I doubt many of the "Treon" haters really care who wins the starting spot. It's just fun to banter back and forth on a message board about it. :lol:

Nav is :racist:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe Mac just flipped a coin and Treon won the coin flip..., but really... why are we still talking about this? Game is tomorrow. Time to earn it on the field. May the best QB lead the Gators to a great season!

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
MJMGator;n270937 said:
Want names?
2nd Amendment and Lee for Three off the tip of my head appear to be IMO. Avatara is also a racist, but because he's black he gets pass doesn't he? :lol:

PS...now shut the **** up. ;)

MJMGator - Last evening attended a rally, err, "meeting", after much debate, the Grand Wizard and me are exceedingly disappointed by Will not starting. BTW MJMGator, GW wants to know why you missed the last "meeting"?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I thought the GW died?

100628022841_RobertByrd_AP.jpg

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
2ndAmend;n271669 said:
MJMGator - Last evening attended a rally, err, "meeting", after much debate, the Grand Wizard and me are exceedingly disappointed by Will not starting. BTW MJMGator, GW wants to know why you missed the last "meeting"?

I was unaviodably detained.
bdf39b31e6ae0ef6d699645c692aa743.jpg

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What some of you racists on this board who support Grier as our starting QB fail to understand is the Treon is a far better athlete. You can see it in his musculature, especially in the legs and thighs. That's probably why he's starting. He's a superior natural athlete, not a particularly good swimmer, but a heck of a dancer and football player. Grier on the other hand is gritty, hard working and intelligent, and possesses leadership skills that may be lacking in Treon. Coach Mac apparently chose Treon's natural athletic ability over Grier's guts and determination. We'll see how it goes.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n271716 said:
What some of you racists on this board who support Grier as our starting QB fail to understand is the Treon is a far better athlete. You can see it in his musculature, especially in the legs and thighs. That's probably why he's starting. He's a superior natural athlete, not a particularly good swimmer, but a heck of a dancer and football player. Grier on the other hand is gritty, hard working and intelligent, and possesses leadership skills that may be lacking in Treon. Coach Mac apparently chose Treon's natural athletic ability over Grier's guts and determination. We'll see how it goes.

But he is short!!!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I laughed. Pasty is literally the only one on this board that could write a post like this.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;271716 said:

I lol'ed @Musculature :lol: good post though on how treon is the better athlete, which is true and will be needed this year behind our young OL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gatorhunter

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;271716 said:

I hear Treon is afraid of dogs as well.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorhunter;n271758 said:

He should have that out of his system after last year.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Seems like you'd need good swimming ability in the swamp … but then again, a football is shaped like watermelon. ??

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
MJMGator;n270937 said:
Want names?
2nd Amendment and Lee for Three off the tip of my head appear to be IMO. Avatara is also a racist, but because he's black he gets pass doesn't he? :lol:

PS...now shut the **** up. ;)

Way to step up to the plate. That's all I ask. Let the accused meet their accuser. Or ... well you know the rest.

Now if I could get the picture of Gatorphan's avatar dancing to Leslie Gore out of my head, that would great.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorhunter;n271758 said:
The feeling is apparently mutual. My dog goes nuts every time Treon comes on the TV screen -- same as how he reacts whenever the garbage men come for the trash.

In any case, I think Treon will never really fully develop as a player until he gets over his irrational fear of ghosts, or as he calls them "Haints!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.