Treon Harris

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's a great athlete. Unfortunately, however, he is nowhere near good enough of a passer to have success at this level. Hopefully, either he or Grier gets ready this offseason. So sick and tired of watching our offense just flail out there. A few good individual plays by guys who are good athletes, but no consistency or flow to anything we do.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Agree I hope the new staff can change it. I'm ready to see points being scored again.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
They had so many chances to win that game if they had ANY, ANY offense at all. A fitting end to the era of Chump.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
4 missed opportunities.

And Treon cannot pass.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Yes two missed FG's, poorly thrown pass picked off for 6, several drops, several very bad penalties, several missed throws. Most of FSU ints were great plays not easy pics. A decent offense would have destroyed FSU, perhaps we will have one in the near future. FSU will be lucky not to lose the weak ACC championship game, we would be better if they did.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Do we have such a thing as an intermediate passing route? All I see is the sideways pass and the poorly thrown bombs down the sideline. Driskel and Harris both threw them so I'm assuming that's all they're taught. They're throwing just throwing up prayers usually.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I highly doubt he starts another game at QB.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We're going nowhere with Treon at QB he's only 5'-10", how many passes got knocked down today at the line of scrimmage? He's fine if we want to continue to be average or below average. I hope Grier is everything they say he his otherwise we're in trouble again next year.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
GatorTAG;n118867 said:
Do we have such a thing as an intermediate passing route? All I see is the sideways pass and the poorly thrown bombs down the sideline. Driskel and Harris both threw them so I'm assuming that's all they're taught. They're throwing just throwing up prayers usually.

Not sure if Harris' height is an issue seeing stuff inside. But yeah, everything seems to be outside.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
I may be phrased as a "Treon pumper," but I am not going to give up on a true freshman based on his performance on the road against an undefeated team. He definitely struggled, but he'll learn from this experience.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kurt Roper: "the most important statistic is points scored." Really Kurt? Against big boy football, this offense and the play calling absolutely sucked. Sorry, but your family has to move again...

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sold on him. He missed passes and goes for the long ball too often when it isn't there. He is a true freshman and may get better, but Grier may end up being the guy

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
VulcanAlex;n118859 said:
Yes two missed FG's, poorly thrown pass picked off for 6, several drops, several very bad penalties, several missed throws. Most of FSU ints were great plays not easy pics. A decent offense would have destroyed FSU, perhaps we will have one in the near future. FSU will be lucky not to lose the weak ACC championship game, we would be better if they did.
I will go one better. A decent offense (above average) and we are a top ten team maybe top five.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He didn't exactly light it up against Eastern Kentucky either, 4-12 for 162, but 70 of those came on one play.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Watching UF's offense is like watching a Miata compete against all the other teams that have Porsches.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
QueenCityGator;n118886 said:
I may be phrased as a "Treon pumper," but I am not going to give up on a true freshman based on his performance on the road against an undefeated team. He definitely struggled, but he'll learn from this experience.
Im with you queen He can have a great career if he is coached up right and motivated

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not gonna fault the true freshman. We had several dropped balls, missed FGs, stupid penalties and poor play calling. It was a team loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.