Treon Harris

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I hope Grier realizes the opportunity he has this spring to take the job and run with it.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
NoGaGator;n118900 said:
Watching UF's offense is like watching a Miata compete against all the other teams that have Porsches.

Wow! Shots fired across the bow.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope the best QB emerges between Spring and Summer... but I'm not going to throw a Freshman under the bus trying to overcome the propensities of a staff +3 years into their paid adult cluster F.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Treon was the answer for Driskelling. Today was his day...opportunities abound...and he choked. No other way to put it...he flat out choked. In the first half he threw behind Westbrook at a point in the game where a score might have buried the spirit of Half Ass U and certainly kept the game momentum squarely with the Gators. He (and Westbrook) choked. Totally changed the game.

At the end of the game, with the game on the line, he threw the worst series of passes we have seen this year. The worst one being to a wide open receiver in the middle of the field...behind him again. He choked.

Start prepping Grier...Harris can be a decent backup...

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's like watching Stevie Wonder building something with Legos.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Born2beagator;n118982 said:
I was under the impression that he was the guy when he came in

He has the physical tools. We'll see what kind of gamer he is.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I advised after the UGA game, either here or on that "other" board, to wait for a while before awarding Harris the Heisman trophy. I will grant that he provided a spark for the offense so that it quit shooting itself in the feet so often. Beyond that, he has shown me nothing. I hope Grier is the answer, because Harris is not.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Yeah old 18 year old Treon choked tonite in front of 80 thousand noles against a team that has 28 in a row. Why do so many people on this board are so fckn quick to point their fingers at players to appear smart or whatever? TEAMS win game and TEAMS lose game. He had lsu beat with a pass not caught. He had USCe beat but special teams lost it. I bet a million that all those that say HE CHOKED never played in any meaningfull team sport.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not saying he choked but the dude has issues passing the ball. Not sure if he's still injured or something else is wrong.

Also as someone wrote above, it would be nice to have some intermittent distance passing plays.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not necessarily true. Some fail and admit that the pressure got to them. Others succeed and state that the pressure raises them to a new level of performance.

Others before him have stepped up and conquered the moment (they call them clutch performers). Teams rely on individuals performing their jobs. Failure because of a teammate"s failure is not what I am talking about. It is the times when the ball is your hands and the moments require you to make the plays...and you don't...repeatedly. That is choking.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Do we really think this is his fault? This is the exact same problem we had in 2012 when Muschamp wouldn't let Driskel throw the ball all year. He had two games where he needed to throw and see how well the Georgia game and Louisville game turned out... Treon wasn't allowed to develop a passing game in the few starts he's had and look what happened when it was finally time to throw the ball, he struggled. I blame this once again on Muschamp and his coaching... Another wasted defensive effort. We held FSU to 17 points on offense and quite frankly exposed them for how awful they are. I can't wait for a new coach with some offense in his blood.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n118998 said:
Yeah old 18 year old Treon choked tonite in front of 80 thousand noles against a team that has 28 in a row. Why do so many people on this board are so fckn quick to point their fingers at players to appear smart or whatever? TEAMS win game and TEAMS lose game. He had lsu beat with a pass not caught. He had USCe beat but special teams lost it. I bet a million that all those that say HE CHOKED never played in any meaningfull team sport.

Interesting. I could have sworn the LSU dropped game winner was thrown by Driskel.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Treon is a true freshman! He went into a hostile environment and was our only offense. Calm down, he will be light years better than this year

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Chris Leak wasn't exactly Mr. Ice his true freshman year either.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Let's just get something straight here...it's obvious that Treon is a great athlete and the circumstances he has performed under are the main reason for the title I chose for this thread. But his passes tonight sucked, there really is no other way to put it. Like I said, I hope either he or Grier get it dialed in this offseason. With a little decent offense this team can quickly return to a respectable level.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And just like that, my previous post makes little sense because some mod edited my thread title.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How soon before the mods just start making up all the posts too?

BSJGator

Aug 4, 2014
It never ceases to amaze me how, in the minds of so many in this board, the back up QB is always better than the starter...

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He didn't prove anything in the passing game since starting. Honestly Driskel probably has a better shot at winning that game today. Next up please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator