Treon Harris

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud;118931 said:
I hope the best QB emerges between Spring and Summer... but I'm not going to throw a Freshman under the bus trying to overcome the propensities of a staff +3 years into their paid adult cluster F.

This.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I think Harris has poise and is a gamer. My issues are with his flawed throwing mechanics and his height being a potential issue. I think those will limit him and our offense from being a dynamic throwing team. I fear we will be closer to this game manager type offense than the dynamic one we all envision with him at the helm.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n118886 said:
I may be phrased as a "Treon pumper," but I am not going to give up on a true freshman based on his performance on the road against an undefeated team. He definitely struggled, but he'll learn from this experience.

This game alone isn't enough, but he was coming in as a 50% passer with the best thing on his Gator resume is that the offense ran more efficently and turned the ball over less than Driskel did. Harris either has to get better, or Grier has to be the guy, or we are still two years away.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n119059 said:
He didn't prove anything in the passing game since starting. Honestly Driskel probably has a better shot at winning that game today. Next up please.

How soon we forget that Driskel was throwing 5 picks a game

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's not fair to truly judge Treon. They ve been asking him to throw 10 times a game and then today they ask him to win the game

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n118895 said:
I'm not sold on him. He missed passes and goes for the long ball too often when it isn't there. He is a true freshman and may get better, but Grier may end up being the guy

Even on the last drive, too many long patterns (all outside) when 15 yard slant ins would have worked each time, and worked us down the field. Didn't need the home run ball every time, but that's all we ran. Either Grier's gotta be everything they say he is or Treon has to improve his accuracy and reads, or we're in for more just average seasons. I think that with the right tutelage, one or the other will emerge and we'll be OK. Let's see who the new HC is and who his staff is.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n119045 said:
Chris Leak wasn't exactly Mr. Ice his true freshman year either.

Not mister Ice, but was far a away better than anything this current roster has shown as a True Freshman.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n119090 said:
Even on the last drive, too many long patterns (all outside) when 15 yard slant ins would have worked each time, and worked us down the field. Didn't need the home run ball every time, but that's all we ran. Either Grier's gotta be everything they say he is or Treon has to improve his accuracy and reads, or we're in for more just average seasons. I think that with the right tutelage, one or the other will emerge and we'll be OK. Let's see who the new HC is and who his staff is.

Or maybe the play calls were only home run balls...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;119053 said:
And just like that, my previous post makes little sense because some mod edited my thread title.

Wasn't me :dunno:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n119086 said:
It's not fair to truly judge Treon. They ve been asking him to throw 10 times a game and then today they ask him to win the game

comes with the terriotory T, its fair once you take the starting job.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
The fact is we don't know. The former system and administration was abyssmal. With new blood in the the driver's seat we will see what shakes out. It may be him, we don't know. No matter who wins out, we will be better. A different set of coaches would have won this game tonight, no doubt.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n119193 said:
Is that really necessary?

Only with Mathew M. it is. LOL He doesn't like the tanned QBs for some reason and I am just giving him a hard time about it. That is all. Carry on.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Treon isn't to blame for the pick-six. The pass at the end of the game was catchable. Was it behind? Sure, but was that the hole he had to throw it through? A true freshman against an undefeated team in their stadium put a 4th and long pass close enough for his best receiver to get both hands on the ball, and we're throwing him under the bus? Really? No running game, he's having to pass for the win for the first time in his college career in the biggest game of his career, we're a couple of boneheaded penalties away from winning, and he's a loser? You people are nuts.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n119054 said:
How soon before the mods just start making up all the posts too?
:baby:

I was getting multiple Treon Harris threads. To avoid this, I simply took the "is a great athlete" out of title and added it to your first post. Hence, absolutely no context of the thread was changed at all. I then merged the other threads into this one.

I hope you can recover from this outrageous injustice, madam.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;119234 said:
:baby:

I was getting multiple Treon Harris threads. To avoid this, I simply took the "is a great athlete" out of title and added it to your first post. Hence, absolutely no context of the thread was changed at all. I then merged the other threads into this one.

I hope you can recover from this outrageous injustice, madam.
You didn't ask my permission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb