Trouble for FSU

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This is nothing guys, people are making too big a deal out of it. A couple guys quoted a few authors but forgot to hit the " button. Who among them was ever charged with a felony? They were young kids who made an honest mistake. And the coaches bear no responsibility for any of this and I'm also sure the players were disciplined appropriately in house. We shouldn't be so judgmental about these things. It's not like they were slacking on company time...

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This is nothing guys, people are making too big a deal out of it. A couple guys quoted a few authors but forgot to hit the " button. Who among them was ever charged with a felony? They were young kids who made an honest mistake. And the coaches bear no responsibility for any of this and I'm also sure the players were disciplined appropriately in house. We shouldn't be so judgmental about these things. It's not like they were slacking on company time...
:lmao2:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't this old news? Why do I feel like we've heard this before?

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2008-02-05/sports/fsuprobe05_1_aass-wetherell-athletic

Florida State professor says his online music course, which football players cheated on, was a 'state-of-the-art class'

February 5, 2008|By Andrew Carter, Sentinel Staff Writer

TALLAHASSEE -- The professor of the online music course that is the focal point of Florida State's investigation into academic fraud by athletes told the Orlando Sentinel he "wrote a beautiful class and it was abused."

During an exclusive interview with the Sentinel last week, Dale Olsen described how "MUH 2051: Music of World Cultures"-- a course designed for non-music majors -- became a breeding ground for academic dishonesty without his knowledge.

images

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
These FSU players are smarter than I thought. In order to plagiarize you have to know how to copy.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
And I went to a college where they made me do the work to get my degree. I can see the FSU route working for some of the not-so-bright population.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I think we all know this will have no effect on Fsu and nothing will come of it, but this same thing would end up burying us. SMH. I'm really beginning to wonder if it's a necessity now a days for a program to have to do shady things like these to be elite and sweep things under a rug. It just seems like there's a lot of shadiness surrounding a lot of elite programs these days. Probably always been that way and we definitely were labeled that way under Meyer, but Spurrier seemed to run a program that was a lot cleaner and respectful. I'm just trying to think recently what school has been successful without some controversy.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Back in the day U of M was thought to have a class in "underwater basket weaving" for players to pass easily.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Isn't this old news? Why do I feel like we've heard this before?

Because this crap has happened at f$u before... and been reported by the nyt before... and for some reason nobody seems to care. But if a UF LB barks at a police dog, it gets national bspn exposure with an infinite video loop. I don't get it.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A class on coffee, tea, and wine requires that much plagiarism?
I believe there's better info on the subject(s) to be had from the alcohol threads in the Chatter Lounge. In fact, I recall that you are quite knowledgable in this area. Hell, don't you and Queenie live close to Cigar Gity brewery? That alone should be enough for at least adjunct status (if not tenured faculty) at that particular bastion of knowledge and academic integrity.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone know why the assistant/whistleblower is now dead? :deadnanner:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.