Trump Rallies in FL?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Born2beagator, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Born2beagator

Born2beagator Senior Member
    Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
    $3,041
    Ratings:
    +3,512 / -187
    I want to go to one but can't find the next. Does anyone know?

2. itsgr82bag8r

itsgr82bag8r Political Forum Fire Starter
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $14,530
    Ratings:
    +21,497 / -188
  3. G. Gordon Gator

G. Gordon Gator Intrepid Chauvinist
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,580
    Ratings:
    +7,651 / -402
    The next Trump Rally in Florida will be on Sunday at 2:30 p.m. ;)

Trump's Daytona 500 appearance could include lap in presidential limo
    Trump is planning to take a lap in the presidential car known as "The Beast"

President Trump’s appearance at the Daytona 500 on Sunday may feature a guest appearance from the presidential limousine known as “The Beast.”

Trump is planning to take a lap around the track at Daytona International Speedway prior to the venerable NASCAR event, Fox News chief White House correspondent John Roberts reported on Friday, citing multiple sources familiar with the matter. Plans have not yet been finalized.

NASCAR named Trump the grand marshal of the Daytona 500, marking the first time a sitting president has held the honor. He is the latest of several presidents to visit the historic race.

“Daytona International Speedway has been privileged to have hosted several sitting Presidents of the United States over our history,” Daytona International Speedway President Chip Wile said in a statement. “We’re honored that the President of the United States has chosen to experience the pageantry and excitement of ‘The Great American Race’ by attending Sunday’s 62nd annual Daytona 500.”

Former President George W. Bush attended the Daytona 500 in 2004. His father, former president George H.W. Bush, attended a July race at Daytona in 1992 and Ronald Reagan attended a race in 1984.

Trump’s presence at the race was first reported Wednesday when the Federal Aviation Administration issued a flight restriction over the racetrack for Sunday. The announcement of a flight restriction is standard when the president attends a major sporting event.

The U.S. Secret Service tweeted Wednesday that it was securing the Daytona International Speedway. The presidential security branch noted that drones are banned within a 30-mile radius of the event
    .​

[​IMG]

• G. Gordon Gator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $6,580
      Ratings:
      +7,651 / -402
    • daytonacane

Oxbucks:
      $1,208
      Ratings:
      +1,563 / -37
      Lots of secret service agents presently in the Daytona Beach area. The airport is right by the race track, so easy access. In addition, there has been a lot of low-flying planes over the area today. My house is about 2 miles from the track. The France family are big Trump supporters, so not surprising for Trump to be attending the 500 race.

• daytonacane

Oxbucks:
        $1,208
        Ratings:
        +1,563 / -37
        I was in my back yard yesterday talking with my next door neighbor when we looked up and saw Air Force One flying low overhead. Our homes are in the flight path of planes landing at the Daytona Airport. We both waved and gave a thumbs-up sign.My grandson was coming from work on International Speedway Blvd. and said a lot of people were parked on the side roads by the airport all waving their Trump flags as Air Force One landed and he said masses of cars, trucks, RV's in the race track infield were flying both Trump & USA flags. NASCAR fans are definitely Trump/Republican supporters & our county (Volusia) was over whelmingly red in the 2016 election and I am sure will be the same in 2020. If there were any democrats present, I am sure they kept a very low profile.

In my younger days I attended a lot of races, plus worked concession stands to make money for my son's football team. Also NASCAR had the local boy scout troops & parents clean up the infield and money went to the scout troop. I now sit on my screened in back porch & watch the race on TV and can mute the sound & hear the cars going around the track, particularly when they hit the 4th turn.

• G. Gordon Gator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $6,580
          Ratings:
          +7,651 / -402
          Cool report, thanks!

I saw today that liberal fake news outlets like CNN were complaining because Trump's campaign manager, Brad Pascale, evidently tweeted a photo of Air Force One near the racetrack, but come to find out it was actually a photo from 2004, when President Bush visited. So he was accused of "lying" by tweeting that pic. :rolleyes:

Obviously what happened was, he wanted to tweet of photo of Air Force One at Daytona so he Googled it, and that old picture popped up. Since it looked the same as the scene yesterday, he tweeted it without realizing it was on old pic. And for this, he gets accused of lying. Never mind that the actual photos of Air Force One yesterday were even more impressive than the one he tweeted -- he used the wrong pic, so the media considered that to be a "gotcha."

That's how they are. And they wonder how Trump won, and why his support is still so strong.

• rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $12,111
          Ratings:
          +18,790 / -284
          I think Democrats have trademarked lying. Must be infringement anger.