Truth Takes: 2019 Backfield

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I saw Zach Carter, Campbell and Umstead Sanders make Forsythe look bad on some plays.
Anyone coming from a LB spot can make a tackle look bad. It's all about speed and angles. The reason defenses don't line up that way is because you are conceding the first four-ish yards on a run play. On second thought, someone should call Grantham and tell him that. Perhaps he hasn't noticed.

Spring practice where the defense has seen the same play 10,000 times know all your calls and adjustments etc is always an advantage to the defense.

Forsythe will be one of our best OL. Save this post.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone coming from a LB spot can make a tackle look bad. It's all about speed and angles. The reason defenses don't line up that way is because you are conceding the first four-ish yards on a run play. On second thought, someone should call Grantham and tell him that. Perhaps he hasn't noticed.

Spring practice where the defense has seen the same play 10,000 times know all your calls and adjustments etc is always an advantage to the defense.

I hope he gets more assertive on those run plays. I am not sure what makes him disengage sometimes so quickly like that. We will save this post then for Miami as they might not be that good overall but they have a top 10 defensive line probably.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hope he gets more assertive on those run plays. I am not sure what makes him disengage sometimes so quickly like that. We will save this post then for Miami as they might not be that good overall but they have a top 10 defensive line probably.
I really don't know why you are panicking.

This scUM team is slightly better than FAU. Slightly. And FAU has a better staff.

Stay calm, buddy. We got this, bigly.

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

I gave you a like for being bold. Fortune favors the bold.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I gave you a like for being bold. Fortune favors the bold.
No pain, no gain.

Look back at his HS tape. He was a mauler with an attitude. He is also the biggest dude on the field, but maybe not the strongest if Ethan White is also there. Once kids get some confidence in what the boss wants, they move quicker.

It's a solid bet. And mostly, it is trust in Hev.

The second part of the bet is that if he doesn't work out, then Hev will replace him with someone who does. But Hev has him at Left Tackle. That tells you what he things, at least at the moment.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I didn’t know where to put this, but Dane Brugler did his preseason draft ranking for runningbacks. He has Perine 7th which is a 2-3 round grade. If he had come out with Scarlett, he’d have been a 5-7 round pick due to the immense depth of the 2019 class. Smart move returning because I think he will improve his draft grade.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Said this before: Our linemen ought to take "for-credit" courses in ju jitsu -- all about best balance against oncoming forces. Have the instructor devise it towards the football equations. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb