Truth Takes: 5th Times A Charm?

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Been quiet, I know. I actually had a whole season in review, but figured waiting until after Michigan would be better.

January 1, 2003, I woke my mom up at 7 am to take her up on a few weeks old offer of trying to scalp Outback Bowl tickets for the game against Michigan. She was not expecting it, but she still got up and we traveled to Raymond James. We parked are car, which was towed, but that's a story for another time, and no one was selling. After walking most the way around the stadium, I spotted a woman with tickets in her hand, just standing there like she was waiting on people. She was, but they weren't showing up so she gave us two tickets. We lost to Michigan.

December 31, 2005, the last time UF played in the Peach Bowl. Where players were openly mourning the loss of their coach. Devin Hester beat us. This was the one bowl game I attended with my Dad. My senior year of high school. We celebrated New Year's Eve with a Gators loss and rang it in across from Turner Field. Coincidently enough, that Peach Bowl we played a team we were playing for the 3rd time in 4 seasons...

December 2007, I preemptively bought Citrus Bowl tix due to tie-ins having us projected against Michigan. Tennessee almost ruined that when leading LSU going into the 4th Quarter. New Years Day, one of the best UF offenses ever lost to a so-so Michigan team playing inspired for Lloyd Carr's last game. Mike Pouncey had a pick. Point is, we lost to Michigan.

January 1, 2016, my mom had bought tickets for the Citrus Bowl. We saw one of the most creative opening drives you could ever see from Mac & Nuss. Then Mac & Nuss happened and we got blown out. We lost to Michigan.

September 2, 2017, I got up early, flew to Dallas, went in In & Out Burger and the people next to us were Michigan fans who live a mile from me (didn't know them before), and sat front row of the third level in Dallas. Mac and Nuss teamed up again for a decent opening drive. Then the offensive line disappeared. You're a fool if you think even Danny or Timmy would have been successful behind that line, in that offense that day. My thoughts are saved here. We lost to Michigan.

Those games are not this game. Those games all had something to them these games don't. The 2003 Bowl game was a team miserable in the program's worst season in over a decade and a QB who was ready to leave in Grossman. That Peach Bowl had players that were sad about Zook being fired. Go read what kind of comments the players have made about the current staff during this Peach Bowl week. The 2007 game had one of the worst UF defenses since Zook's defenses in the early 90's and a hyped up Michigan team. The 2016 game had Mac, Nuss, Treon, and an O-line that was banged up as hell. The 2017 game had Mac, Nuss, uncoached Franks, and an O-line that played poor as hell.

This game is different. Michigan doesn't seem inspired, players are sitting out. Florida is hyped and even those leaving want to leave with a bang and play with their friends one last time.

Let's be real about Michigan, they have beaten 2 ranked teams. A Penn State team who had 0 wins against ranked opponents and Northwestern, who have impressively 0 wins against ranked opponents and losses to Duke and Akron. Last time Michigan took the field against a ranked opponent Urban Meyer exposed them and committed unspeakable acts against them. Michigan is getting a reputation for their close loss to Notre Dame this year. Who did Notre Dame beat? FSU? Syracuse without their starting QB? Oh and back to that Notre Dame-Michigan game, VANDY played the Irish closer. Am I saying Michigan isn't good? No. Am I saying that maybe, just maybe that with their schedule we would easily be at least 10-2 as well? Yes. I'll take our 2 top-20 wins and schedule to push us into more battle tested than this Michigan team who appears to be taking this game as an after thought. I don't know how much I like the Harbaugh vs. Mullen battle, but I like the energy around the program right now.

Offense:

I'll be honest, I have no clue what we will see. With Emory getting a package and having a fourth game. Jacob Copeland having a month to learn the offense further. Pitts being moved to Wide Receiver, he is bigger than Mike Evans, he could be a matchup nightmare, if not now, in the future. I think this offense could take steps further with the month off and Michigan missing some of their top defenders.

I expect to see Scarlett to get 10+ carries on his way out of the program. I think Emory plays 10+ snaps, avoids his mistakes we have seen, and makes a strong case that the Spring is an open competition at QB. I also wouldn't be surprised to see multiple trick plays like the Mud Dogs in the Bourbon Bowl because its the last game of the season, "Can't Hold Anything Back!"

Defense:

Obviously, we have to stop the run, which has been hit and miss all year. Michigan missing a lineman will hopefully help. If the D-line shows up, this could be a really fun game. If they disappear like they did from UGA to Carolina, we are looking at a long game. I think Polite will want to show out to improve his stock. Cece has a debt to repay to Michigan. Shea Patterson is a quality Quarterback. The good news is his receivers have been coached by Shark man. The defense did well last year against this Michigan team until our offensive ineptitude took its toll. I don't think that happens this year.

This game should be what a bowl game should be, enjoyable.

Florida 31, Michigan 21

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like a bunch of “Michigan Men” are more interested in the draft than Michigan.

I hope this means the whole team is in a Meyer-induced funk and phoning this in.

Alex.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
That's a bold prediction for this offense vs. that defense.

Glad to see you posting again.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Been quiet, I know. I actually had a whole season in review, but figured waiting until after Michigan would be better.

January 1, 2003, I woke my mom up at 7 am to take her up on a few weeks old offer of trying to scalp Outback Bowl tickets for the game against Michigan. She was not expecting it, but she still got up and we traveled to Raymond James. We parked are car, which was towed, but that's a story for another time, and no one was selling. After walking most the way around the stadium, I spotted a woman with tickets in her hand, just standing there like she was waiting on people. She was, but they weren't showing up so she gave us two tickets. We lost to Michigan.

December 31, 2005, the last time UF played in the Peach Bowl. Where players were openly mourning the loss of their coach. Devin Hester beat us. This was the one bowl game I attended with my Dad. My senior year of high school. We celebrated New Year's Eve with a Gators loss and rang it in across from Turner Field. Coincidently enough, that Peach Bowl we played a team we were playing for the 3rd time in 4 seasons...

December 2007, I preemptively bought Citrus Bowl tix due to tie-ins having us projected against Michigan. Tennessee almost ruined that when leading LSU going into the 4th Quarter. New Years Day, one of the best UF offenses ever lost to a so-so Michigan team playing inspired for Lloyd Carr's last game. Mike Pouncey had a pick. Point is, we lost to Michigan.

January 1, 2016, my mom had bought tickets for the Citrus Bowl. We saw one of the most creative opening drives you could ever see from Mac & Nuss. Then Mac & Nuss happened and we got blown out. We lost to Michigan.

September 2, 2017, I got up early, flew to Dallas, went in In & Out Burger and the people next to us were Michigan fans who live a mile from me (didn't know them before), and sat front row of the third level in Dallas. Mac and Nuss teamed up again for a decent opening drive. Then the offensive line disappeared. You're a fool if you think even Danny or Timmy would have been successful behind that line, in that offense that day. My thoughts are saved here. We lost to Michigan.

Those games are not this game. Those games all had something to them these games don't. The 2003 Bowl game was a team miserable in the program's worst season in over a decade and a QB who was ready to leave in Grossman. That Peach Bowl had players that were sad about Zook being fired. Go read what kind of comments the players have made about the current staff during this Peach Bowl week. The 2007 game had one of the worst UF defenses since Zook's defenses in the early 90's and a hyped up Michigan team. The 2016 game had Mac, Nuss, Treon, and an O-line that was banged up as hell. The 2017 game had Mac, Nuss, uncoached Franks, and an O-line that played poor as hell.

This game is different. Michigan doesn't seem inspired, players are sitting out. Florida is hyped and even those leaving want to leave with a bang and play with their friends one last time.

Let's be real about Michigan, they have beaten 2 ranked teams. A Penn State team who had 0 wins against ranked opponents and Northwestern, who have impressively 0 wins against ranked opponents and losses to Duke and Akron. Last time Michigan took the field against a ranked opponent Urban Meyer exposed them and committed unspeakable acts against them. Michigan is getting a reputation for their close loss to Notre Dame this year. Who did Notre Dame beat? FSU? Syracuse without their starting QB? Oh and back to that Notre Dame-Michigan game, VANDY played the Irish closer. Am I saying Michigan isn't good? No. Am I saying that maybe, just maybe that with their schedule we would easily be at least 10-2 as well? Yes. I'll take our 2 top-20 wins and schedule to push us into more battle tested than this Michigan team who appears to be taking this game as an after thought. I don't know how much I like the Harbaugh vs. Mullen battle, but I like the energy around the program right now.

Offense:

I'll be honest, I have no clue what we will see. With Emory getting a package and having a fourth game. Jacob Copeland having a month to learn the offense further. Pitts being moved to Wide Receiver, he is bigger than Mike Evans, he could be a matchup nightmare, if not now, in the future. I think this offense could take steps further with the month off and Michigan missing some of their top defenders.

I expect to see Scarlett to get 10+ carries on his way out of the program. I think Emory plays 10+ snaps, avoids his mistakes we have seen, and makes a strong case that the Spring is an open competition at QB. I also wouldn't be surprised to see multiple trick plays like the Mud Dogs in the Bourbon Bowl because its the last game of the season, "Can't Hold Anything Back!"

Defense:

Obviously, we have to stop the run, which has been hit and miss all year. Michigan missing a lineman will hopefully help. If the D-line shows up, this could be a really fun game. If they disappear like they did from UGA to Carolina, we are looking at a long game. I think Polite will want to show out to improve his stock. Cece has a debt to repay to Michigan. Shea Patterson is a quality Quarterback. The good news is his receivers have been coached by Shark man. The defense did well last year against this Michigan team until our offensive ineptitude took its toll. I don't think that happens this year.

Florida 31, Michigan 21
Nice post, Truth! Where ya been?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like a bunch of “Michigan Men” are more interested in the draft than Michigan.

I hope this means the whole team is in a Meyer-induced funk and phoning this in.

Alex.
apparently multiple defensive starters are sitting this one out

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Michigan really only looked bad that OSU game where they fell apart that 2nd half.

Not sure which team shows up but they dominated some decent teams this season.

I think we probably win this game but OSU was the only offense that dominated them and they are one of the best offenses in the country.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I think we may win if Michigan is as disinterested as they seem compared to us. Other than that, very little reason to look at this objectively and think we do well.

I appreciate the time you took on this piece, but it’s pretty much “ I feel we’ll win.” I feel that too because it seems UF will play like it wants to establish an image and a program. Michigan wanted to be playing in the playoff and was on their “revenge tour”. Now they have to play an uninspiring opponent (to them). Hopefully they come out as though this is a game they have to reluctantly play and we come inspired to a game we want to play and show the world where our program is going (essentially the exact opposite of our last bowl game against these b*^+%^ds).

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My heart and mind are in conflict!

The intangibles seem to be in our favor but I still think Meatchicken is bigger and stronger on both lines, even with the sit-outs...

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Michigan adjusts to decisions by 4 to skip Peach Bowl

Michigan probably will need more than one running back to replace Karan Higdon in Saturday's Peach Bowl against Florida.

The leadership void left by Higdon's exit may be even more difficult to fill.

Higdon is one of No. 8 Michigan's four draft-eligible players who chose to skip the Peach Bowl to begin preparations for the NFL draft. No players for No. 10 Florida have said they are bypassing the bowl game.

Michigan senior right tackle Juwann Bushell-Beatty and two juniors, defensive end Rashan Gary and linebacker Devin Bush, also are missing the game.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I think Mullen can get this Florida team prepared to win. Not sure if this is all that important but just want to point out that Mullen knows about preparing for Michigan quarterback Shea Patterson from Mullen's time at Mississippi State and Patterson was the Ole Miss quarterback. This could be called the Role Reversal Bowl. I think this time it will be the Gators who have something to prove and Meechigan is the team whose wheels have fallen off.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Good post Truth, this years Gators have shown us heart and soul that was missing last year but can they play smash mouth football with a team that came close to making the playoffs and dominated most teams they played this year.
I picked the Gators in every game this year and did so this week. That being said its going to take a special effort to win tomorrow. Can the Gators overcome what will be a deeper and more physical line of scrimmage on both sides?
Hell yeah they can. Go Gators find a way!

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Good post Truth, this years Gators have shown us heart and soul that was missing last year but can they play smash mouth football with a team that came close to making the playoffs and dominated most teams they played this year.
I picked the Gators in every game this year and did so this week. That being said its going to take a special effort to win tomorrow. Can the Gators overcome what will be a deeper and more physical line of scrimmage on both sides?
Hell yeah they can. Go Gators find a way!

They did dominate quite a few teams. And, if I had seen many things that indicated Michigan was excited or motivated I may feel differently. It’s the “oh, we have to play Florida again” mentality as well as missing several key defenders that makes me feel better.

Also, and I should’ve put this above, Mullen knows how to go outside to beat a pass rush. Like at Miss State, we may see screen simply to spread the defense out, as well as jet sweeps and other plays to counter the advantage of Michigan’s d-line against our O-line. Last year, we kept trying slow developing outside runs and staying in the pocket. This allowed Michigan’s D to do a number on us. We have many more quick plays this year and a hell of a lot less predictable playcalling. Also, I think our Offense this year has improved more than Michigan’s D, which was already good.

We very well may lose, but I think we have a lot going for us heading into this one.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Offense:

Defense:

Florida 31, Michigan 21

Just skimmed through what you wrote, but I gather you’ve seen plenty of bowl losses in person from what I read. My only question is are you taking your bad karma and watching this game in person? Lol

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Just skimmed through what you wrote, but I gather you’ve seen plenty of bowl losses in person from what I read. My only question is are you taking your bad karma and watching this game in person? Lol

Because I want the thrill of beating Michigan in person. I did think about the karma thing. Also, I have been to bowl wins as well, like our last bowl and the ‘98 Citrus Bowl over Joe Pa. Fred Taylor went off that day

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Because I want the thrill of beating Michigan in person. I did think about the karma thing. Also, I have been to bowl wins as well, like our last bowl and the ‘98 Citrus Bowl over Joe Pa. Fred Taylor went off that day

I wore one of my "unlucky" Gator shirts today....so that streak is over too!

Good call on the win. That's the best I've seen our O vs. a legitimate defense this year. Great momentum going into the off-season!

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
All the dudes were good dudes , my wife and friends thought it was odd I was meeting up with Internet people but it was a good time

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.