Truth Takes: Are You Feeling Pretty Good?

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not even close.

You guys keep mentioning dudes who blew a plays.

You show me some video of Stiner doing ANYTHING productive on a play. No, I dont consider a blind suicide blitz in Cover -2 vs Cowbell to be something.
Blew a play? Bailey blew a play every series.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I didn't get mad....I just knew Dan could take a team with everything laid out before it(UGA down, LSU down and the East it's usual festering pile of dung) for a top 5 or 6 finish and manage to turn it into a 8-4 special...Remember how he would beat Saban or LSU and make you think he had turned a corner at MSU? Then 2 weeks later lose to USC, Arky or Tenn and finish the season 8-4...:lol:

Now what I want people to think about is how he used all of Butters recruits for a little success(I still think 2018 was a more complete team that 19 or 20)...we've had 2 of the worst back to back offensive lines since 13/14 and not even one GDed stand out defensive player from ANY of his recruits yet....none. Our run blocking scheme looks like something from an old Keystone cops film and I'm not sure we have a single guy who even remotely knows what a LBer's purpose is(the last ones who did were Butters recruits)The last time we had ANYTHING that resembled a true power running back was when we had undersized Scarlett/Perine tandum….again Butters recruits...

Someone said in the box the other night we'll be 6-6 next year but I'm not so sure we'll get that far.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't get mad....I just knew Dan could take a team with everything laid out before it(UGA down, LSU down and the East it's usual festering pile of dung) for a top 5 or 6 finish and manage to turn it into a 8-4 special...Remember how he would beat Saban or LSU and make you think he had turned a corner at MSU? Then 2 weeks later lose to USC, Arky or Tenn and finish the season 8-4...:lol:.
Exactly. I have no idea how people are surprised by this.

he's his own worst enemy. it's like he plays better as an underdog and then plays conservative and scared when he's expected to win. or worse he doesn't prepare because he thinks he doesn't need to beat a cupcake.

he will never be a champion. he just doesnt have "the stuff".

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I have plenty of faith - in the inevitable. DM will keep doing the same idiotic schytt - and be totally gob-smacked when he finds himself out of a job in a couple of years. I'll gladly eat my words if he cleans house and actually gets it right before it's too late. But like I said, I have faith that none of that will happen. There's just too much history to the contrary.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Not me. I'm watching the Ohio State-Clemson game, and can't help but notice that, so far, BOTH defenses appear to know what they're doing, and are consistently lining up correctly. They make it look so easy . . .

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not me. I'm watching the Ohio State-Clemson game, and can't help but notice that, so far, BOTH defenses appear to know what they're doing, and are consistently lining up correctly. They make it look so easy . . .
Preposterous.

Wuhan means no defense I was told.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
To the OP...NO, NO, NO...:banghead:

With Grantham our D will always suck

With Mullen we will always have Grantham

With this Administration Football will always be an afterthought

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
So...to the question, everyone is feeling pretty good, right?
Well I just had some old fashioned oat meal with diced up walnuts and apricot and then left a HUGE deposit in the WC. So, yeah, I feel damned good. Will be 66 in two days and feel like 45 most of the time.........

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'm a broken record at this point but I'm really impressed with all of the 4 playoffs teams(and OU's)offensive lines. While ND lacked a consistent passing game even their offensive line was able to line up and mash....Why are we going into the 4th year of a supposedly "power option running" minded coach without a line or RB's to match?
Even our projected starting QB next year does NOT fit the mold. I'm not knocking EJ but he's been on campus for 3 years now and I see NO way he holds up more than 2 or 3 games slamming into the los on a full time basis....AR maybe but for how long behind the kinds of offensive lines we've had the last 2 years....I also did not see our back up WR's and TE's picking up half of the production that we'll be losing there so I won't count on 400 yard per game passing efforts to pick up the slack....Really wtf kind of team are we trying to build here?

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I'm a broken record at this point but I'm really impressed with all of the 4 playoffs teams(and OU's)offensive lines. While ND lacked a consistent passing game even their offensive line was able to line up and mash....Why are we going into the 4th year of a supposedly "power option running" minded coach without a line or RB's to match?
Even our projected starting QB next year does NOT fit the mold. I'm not knocking EJ but he's been on campus for 3 years now and I see NO way he holds up more than 2 or 3 games slamming into the los on a full time basis....AR maybe but for how long behind the kinds of offensive lines we've had the last 2 years....I also did not see our back up WR's and TE's picking up half of the production that we'll be losing there so I won't count on 400 yard per game passing efforts to pick up the slack....Really wtf kind of team are we trying to build here?
A team that's Unified, Woke, and a place where they feel safe after getting their colons tickled by opposing offenses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator