Truth Takes: Colorado State Preview

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
It's late, I know. Maybe next week I can finally not have a week full of crap every night after work. Except Monday, I may go see Houston Nutt speak on Monday, partially depending on Bar Results (which drop Monday as well).

So Colorado State. First two weeks, they look like a team not much better than Charleston Southern. Last week, the rally with 17 in the 4th to beat Arkansas. Also, the Kentucky loss was bad, but maybe Kentucky is better than believed? Probably not, but our safeties did blow 3 big TD's (see the Kentucky Review for how the safety played a big role on the rushing TD for UK as well). The biggest disappointment I have with almost a week of reflection is just knowing the problems we were having that coaching didn't adjust to help. Now do I expect Mullen to do much? No, but I thought may be his assistants would do more. When Franks is give quick, short throws the offense moved. The defense was letting our guys catch and run. We didn't try to many quick tosses or other outside runs that try and isolate a rb on a lb in the open field and negate some of the offensive line issues. Anyways...

I don't have much except that the Jabber tailgate is Saturday. I am being forced to re-evaluate this team after they have not even made it to average (or UK is better than anyone is giving them credit for). Most of my thoughts were this team could at least get to average on parts like the O-line, which hasn't happened and the tackling has been disappointing. It is interesting though how we dug up a Rayshad recruiting thread to praise him one week and the next he puts himself in so many good positions only to blow them.

Predictions
Mullen tries to force the run, we go 60/40 run or more unless we are behind.
Franks extends the UF multi-TD passing game streak to 5 (longest streak since '08, kudos to the writer who pointed that out this week, forgot who). <----Also shows how bad the offense has been since '08.
More Toney. I don't know how, whether pass, wildcat, toss run. The whole Percy position, but who knows.
O-line continues to embarrass.
Defense allows a few big passes, but Dean gets his first career pick. I think this guy could end up having a Haden/Jenkins/Roberson/VH3 type true freshman season. Starts kind of rough and then goes from there.

Florida 31 Colorado State 28. I think if we get ahead that Mullen and Co. let a lead slip, partially because CSU believes after last week that they can come back on an SEC team. Hope to see people tomorrow!

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Good luck with the Bar results.

And I think we beat CSU.

Alex.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I could see it being close if Colorado State doesn't fall apart in this 100+ heat index. I hope our safeties don't get too confused out there with that offense they run as that QB will find the open guy if he has a little time. They have one tall WR that the QB just throws open many times.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well - maybe

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.