Truth Takes: How to Plummet Your Draft Stock

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
What a team failure. D-line got no pressure. DB's get thrown on. O-line continues to show why they are the worst offensive line with that much experience in UF history. Franks continues to regress.

*Earlier I had a comment on Jefferson. After watching the replay I am retracting it.

Offense:

After looking at the numbers, we had two backs average over 4 per carry. However, Mizzou didn't have to worry about the pass with how bad Franks was yesterday. This allowed them to play the run and not worry about being punished. Both Franks and Trask took shots back there. Make no mistake, this is Franks worst game of the year. Since the bye week it seems both he and the team have regressed. Perhaps it is his regression that has brought at least the offense down. However, playcalling has been more shoddy as well. That shovel pass was a decent idea, except when your line isn't blocking well, its not going to work. Toney needs the ball more. I wouldn't be shocked if he wasn't averaging at least 10 yards per touch overall. He averaged 36 yards per catch yesterday and if not for an outstanding grab by a Mizzou DB, would have averaged even more.

Scarlett will leave for the draft. Last week, he had 8 carries and was averaging 8+ a carry, but didn't get the ball the majority of the second half. This week he averaged 5.5 yards. If I'm an NFL scout, looking at that running, behind this line, even with the lack of passing, that's a good guy to me. I think Scarlett is the only guy (ok, Perine) who hasn't hurt himself on either side, the last few weeks. You can only do well with the carries you get. He has.

Passing Breakdown.

Franks:
  1. 5-yard out complete to Hammond (PI negated first throw)
  2. DROP by Perine. Ball actually thrown in front of him, instead of moving forward, Perine continued to move laterally. Not sure whose fault that is.
  3. Pass to Van Jefferson for a first down for about 18 yards.
  4. Ball grounded at Jefferson's feet on a screen (good throwaway with pressure)
  5. No one open, throw away.
  6. Laser to a wide open Moral Stephens...went through his hands. Too much power on the throw.
  7. Incompletion to Krull, overthrown.
  8. Screen to Jefferson for a loss of 1.
  9. Overthrow to Jefferson.
  10. High throw to Jefferson as he gets hit. Not seen on broadcast, but seen on replay inside stadium, IF Jefferson goes up with two hands, he probably could have caught the ball.
  11. Check down to Scarlett for a first down for 16 yards.
  12. Overthrow deep to Jefferson, who actually dove a little for the ball.
  13. POOR Throw to Pitts on the Sideline. Goes out of bounds.
  14. Throw behind Grimes deep.
  15. Cleveland hit on a hitch for 7 yards
  16. Screen to Hammond for 6 yards
  17. Amazing catch by Toney on a back shoulder. 27 yard gain.
  18. Throwaway, no one open, pressure coming.
  19. High ball to Van Jefferson.
  20. Dangerous throw to Perine, under pressure. Ball batted down.
  21. Shovel pass to Lewis for a loss of two.
  22. Crossing rout to Jefferson for 5 yards...on a 3rd and 10.
Trask
  1. 11 yard pass to Van Jefferson.
  2. Pass over the middle to Hammond for a first down.
  3. Screen to Hammond for 9 yards.
  4. Incomplete to Krull...Krull didn't pay attention to his feet. If he did, it's a completion and a first down.
  5. Hits Grimes on a slant for a first down on 4th down.
  6. Throwaway
  7. Possible PI on Jefferson, who also tries to catch with his body. Incomplete.
  8. Low throw, right where Hammond could get it for a TD.
  9. Check down to Scarlett for no gain.
  10. Deep ball under pressure thrown out of bounds, Jefferson cutting in
  11. 4th and 6, high blitz, ball batted away.
  12. Great Intermediate/Deep throw over the middle to Toney for a long gain.
  13. Check down to Gamble for two.
  14. Completion to Grimes for 11 and a first down.
  15. Thrown out of bounds under heavy pressure.
  16. Drop by Pitts on what would have been a 15+ yard gain on 2 and 23. Great throw.
  17. Pass to Pierce for 9 yards.
  18. Overthrow deep into the endzone. Toney looked at first like he was running a post, but Trask was throwing a seam.

I said in the pre-season that I thought Trask's passing ability should have got him the job. Franks did well and progressed over the first half of the season. However, he has regressed and his limitations are showing themselves. In my opinion you make a change. For those of you not listening after the game (if there's a thread on this, my bad), Lee McGriff raved about Trask post-game and described himself as "about jumping out of the press box" with joy when he saw Trask on the field. He called for the change. In all my years listening, I have never heard a UF employee do that. Not in the Driskel mess, and definitely NOT in the Brantley days.

Defense:

They started fine. Then the lack of pressure on Lock meant he had time to find open receivers. I know we have linemen that the NFL is high on, but the past two gams, they have been ineffective. I wouldn't be shocked if their draft stock isn't hurt by this. For every good play Henderson made, he gave up two more. Trey Dean celebrated a deflection with his helmet early in the game. The receiver even had moved his hands to catch, if that isn't an indication to turn around, I don't know what is. If he does, its a pick and going the other way. That drive did end in a punt, but just a play that is a microcosm of the game. Once our DB's couldn't handle the pass because the line wasn't helping, the LB's were dropping, which opened the run. The exact opposite effect of what our offense did.

3rd and Grantham wasn't really a thing the first half of the season. However, the past two games it has shown up. You give up almost 300 or maybe even 300 in the first half, you aren't going to win many games.

As much as Franks and Trask will be the main talking point this week, the defense should be up there in issues talked about. If they can't get pressure, we are looking at issues the rest of the way. The perplexing thing is that we have faced better O-lines, like #failstate's.

Well, we were in a position to win 10 regular season games and we let it off the hook. Franks progressed then regressed. The defense was solid, with some problems, then it wasn't. Now the question is what team shows up next week.

Mullen in the post game played coy about the QB situation. This is bs. He tried acting like putting in Pierce was the same thing. Pierce has played in almost every game and had meaningful carries. Pierce played in the first half against Mizzou. Scarlett and Perine both played while Trask was out there. Stop playing games. I hated that crap with other coaches and I hate it now.

Fans:

I have been a jerk in the past. I hated Muschamp, I stayed until the end against Mizzou in '14, and I don't remember if I started or joined in the chorus of "Fire Muschamp" late in that game, but I was a part. I do think some things need to be said about our fans.
  • Show up before kickoff. Hell, the people next to me showed up in the 2nd quarter. As someone I heard on the radio said last night, how deflating is it when you run out into an empty stadium? I won't rail against attendance, and I'll get to that, but if you have tickets show up on time, it's not hard, you have several days' notice.
  • I don't care how bad it is, and get pissy with me if you like, but don't leave before We Are the Boys. Sing the song and leave if you want, but at least give the team 3 quarters of support. Join in one of the greatest traditions in sports. And for the love of God, we are not UGA, FSU, LSU, Tennessee, Miami, etc., we don't put four ****ing fingers in the air like every other school. We are different.
  • Said it before, if you don't know what you're talking about, just keep it shut. Example, yesterday a guy behind me had two great lines. One, "what a ****ty punt" after the ball left the Mizzou punter's foot...the ball landed at the 6 and was downed or went out of bounds at the 6. Yea...real "****ty". Two, in the 4th quarter, "I haven't seen a single run yet that has averaged more than 5 yards." Think about that statement, and if you don't know what is wrong, Santa Fe Community College is calling and wants their degree back.
  • I thought it was classless when Leak was booed against UK in '06, I thought Franks being booed was bad yesterday. I do think this hurts our image in the eyes of recruits.
  • Kudos to all the fans who stayed until the end. I understand those who did get traffic out of my way...just wait until after We Are the Boys.
  • I know watching the team is tough sometimes, but if we want the team to return to the glory days, we need to act like we did then to. Again, I will get to the counterpoint.

Quick Hits:
  • Based on Mullen's comments, and I said this to my cousin during the game, I would be shocked that Franks doesn't start next week, barring an announcement during the week.
  • UF has been outscored 34-3 in the last 5 games in the first quarter, that's unacceptable.
  • UF has lost by a combined 40 points in the last two games, that's unacceptable.
  • The bright side, if I am a recruit, I see where things are open, I see the potential, at least on offense, and know that I could be a difference maker.
  • I said last week that Mullen put unnecessary noise into the system with Jones, I think he upped it with Trask and Franks' play yesterday didn't help.

So, here I go with this. I do think fans need to up their game, even when it was close yesterday, it couldn't be considered "loud" even with all the empty seats. However, Stricklin and Mullen's pleas to fill the Swamp will continue to fall on deaf ears when you are 1-2 against SEC opponents at home so far this year and your offense has been bad in both. Put up points and fans will come. Lose by double digits to Mizzou and UK, even if they are good this year, and people will stay away. Build it and they will come. After being told to have faith in Muschamp and Mac, fans are working on sight here, give them something to see. Trust me, if Mullen gets up on that podium and announces Franks as the starter against the Cocks, the attendance will go through the floor. I like Franks, but after the past two weeks, and the combined 40 point losses, you can't do that to the fans. I'll be there next week, against Idaho, and in Tallacrappy. However, anyone buying tickets one game at a time have little reason to buy for these games. Yes, you can say "Muschamp" or "seniors", but that's hardly motivating.

I think if we start Trask, the threat of a better passing game helps. Sorry Franks, you played your way out of the starting role. Jordan Matthews said that Mullen putting in Trask was like Spurrier, when I heard that on the replay, I turned to my wife and said that was wrong, Spurrier would have made the change in the first half.

Still a good season that can be salvaged. Go Gators!

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
How to raise your draft stock? Play this Florida team. Whatever you’ve been weak at allllll year will change when you play this team.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
What a team failure. D-line got no pressure. DB's get thrown on. O-line continues to show why they are the worst offensive line with that much experience in UF history. Franks continues to regress. and Van Jefferson gets off dropping balls.

Franks:
  2. DROP by Perine. Ball actually thrown in front of him, instead of moving forward, Perine continued to move laterally. Not sure whose fault that is.
  4. Ball grounded at Hammond's feet on a screen (good throwaway with pressure)
  6. Laser to a wide open Moral Stephens...went through his hands. Too much power on the throw.
  10. High throw to Jefferson as he gets hit. Not seen on broadcast, but seen on replay inside stadium, IF Jefferson goes up with two hands, he probably could have caught the ball.

Because of his arm and size, some NFL team will still give him a look. He may hold a clipboard a couple year with a team believing they can mold something out of him before cutting him. Franks better get his degree.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Because of his arm and size, some NFL team will still give him a look. He may hold a clipboard a couple year with a team believing they can mold something out of him before cutting him. Franks better get his degree.
Yeah, the Browns might give him a look but his Wunderlic with will probably be single digits and if he can't read the defenses in the lower tier of the SEC he will be like a blind man in the NFL. NO SHOT

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I had massive issues with the play calling, the QB throws, and especially receivers not catching the ball. I watched some other games and their receivers catch balls that are not perfect, are thrown with velocity, and do things ours don't. No pressure on their QB even with a so called strength in our DL. Bama gets pressure and sacks, they play combo defense in the defensive backfield and don't make mistakes, even when they rotate players.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I had massive issues with the play calling, the QB throws, and especially receivers not catching the ball. I watched some other games and their receivers catch balls that are not perfect, are thrown with velocity, and do things ours don't. No pressure on their QB even with a so called strength in our DL. Bama gets pressure and sacks, they play combo defense in the defensive backfield and don't make mistakes, even when they rotate players.

That is what most of us call coaching, something that has been missing from this part of the woods for over 10 years.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think defenses may have finally just adjusted more. What we called Franks playing good was mostly just him throwing a bunch of swing passes behind the line of scrimmage and missing most of his other stuff. We were shocked he wasn't turning the ball over much but he just doesn't have it.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Draft stock: J. Taylor had at least 3 false starts that weren't called....and, what, 2 that were called? 1st rounder? Laughable. Polite? He's disappeared for three weeks. CeCe Jefferson? A 5-star bust (if he was a 3-star coming in he's had a decent career...but a 5-star? Laughable). Ivey? Another 5-star bust. I hope as many juniors leave as possible. These guys play like they are still coached by Butters. Tired of it.

Franks? He is what we thought he was. Uncoachable. His play yesterday was almost like playing darts; he's miss the dart board all three times....and his attitude was, I'll just drink my beer and wait for my next turn....then throw the darts wherever the hell I want. He's terrible. He can't run this offense (or any offense). He's not an SEC QB.

Mullen: he's making $6 million and he put that garbage on the field vs. a 4-4 team? I'm not mailing it in w/ him yet, but he's close. I knew Butters wasn't cut out for this job in year 1 vs. FAU. I just knew it. He had no answers for a 3-9 Group of 5 football team. Yesterday, Mullen had no answer for a team w/ the least amount of talent in the SEC (toss up between them and Vandy). Missouri is full of 2-star players and low 3-star players w/ a handful of talented kids. Mullen got outcoached by Barry Odom, who is now 2-0 vs. UF. It's inexcusable the way we played and it starts at the top.

More on Mullen: his comments about too much being made of the QB. Bullsh*t!! His entire offense is predicated on the QB. It succeeds if the QB is dynamic and can make plays. It fails if the QB can't make plays.

I said this in the Missouri game prediction thread and got four "drunk" comments (who's drunk now?): against any team w/ a pulse Franks is not capable of putting up points. In 5 games against solid defenses this is our point totals: 16 (UK), 13 (MSU), 20 (LSU, offensively), 17 (UGA), 17 (Missouri). We are averaging around 16.5 ppg vs any team that puts up a fight. If not for turnovers the UT game would have been much closer and the Colorado State game was another turnover fest w/ big ST's plays. Vandy is the only game we played somewhat well offensively, and that was after we fell behind and more or less went to a suedo- 2-minute offense. There were literally multiple posts predicting 40+ (and plenty of 30+ picks). Have any of you watched this team this year (before Missouri)? This offense is just like Butters and just like Muschamp's: it can't score on any defense with a pulse.

Don't get me started on the defense.

This is on Mullen. This is HIS offense and because of the mild success we had early he rolled with it (didn't make adjustments). The silly behind the LOS passing game has been figured out. It's time for him to do his job and put this offense in a position to win.

At this point it's simply: "Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss". He just talks the talk better....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Quick Hits:
  • The bright side, if I am a recruit, I see where things are open, I see the potential, at least on offense, and know that I could be a difference maker.
Yeah... Kintucky and Vandy have had playing time to offer elite recruits for their entire existence and it's never helped in recruiting.

Winning brings great recruiting. Only winning.

There is no way around Mizzu and Kintucky being very bad losses.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
they play combo defense in the defensive backfield and don't make mistakes, even when they rotate players.
That isn't a combo defense, that is Saban's "matchup" style zone. Looks like man, until the guy leaves the zone.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Yeah, the Browns might give him a look but his Wunderlic with will probably be single digits and if he can't read the defenses in the lower tier of the SEC he will be like a blind man in the NFL. NO SHOT

I thought the same thing about driskel when he was here. That he had zero chance to make an nfl roster, but he’s hung around for a few years. Now Franks is worse than driskel was, but I could see him getting a look by some team.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Draft stock: J. Taylor had at least 3 false starts that weren't called....and, what, 2 that were called? 1st rounder? Laughable. Polite? He's disappeared for three weeks. CeCe Jefferson? A 5-star bust (if he was a 3-star coming in he's had a decent career...but a 5-star? Laughable). Ivey? Another 5-star bust. I hope as many juniors leave as possible. These guys play like they are still coached by Butters. Tired of it.

Franks? He is what we thought he was. Uncoachable. His play yesterday was almost like playing darts; he's miss the dart board all three times....and his attitude was, I'll just drink my beer and wait for my next turn....then throw the darts wherever the hell I want. He's terrible. He can't run this offense (or any offense). He's not an SEC QB.

Mullen: he's making $6 million and he put that garbage on the field vs. a 4-4 team? I'm not mailing it in w/ him yet, but he's close. I knew Butters wasn't cut out for this job in year 1 vs. FAU. I just knew it. He had no answers for a 3-9 Group of 5 football team. Yesterday, Mullen had no answer for a team w/ the least amount of talent in the SEC (toss up between them and Vandy). Missouri is full of 2-star players and low 3-star players w/ a handful of talented kids. Mullen got outcoached by Barry Odom, who is now 2-0 vs. UF. It's inexcusable the way we played and it starts at the top.

More on Mullen: his comments about too much being made of the QB. Bullsh*t!! His entire offense is predicated on the QB. It succeeds if the QB is dynamic and can make plays. It fails if the QB can't make plays.

I said this in the Missouri game prediction thread and got four "drunk" comments (who's drunk now?): against any team w/ a pulse Franks is not capable of putting up points. In 5 games against solid defenses this is our point totals: 16 (UK), 13 (MSU), 20 (LSU, offensively), 17 (UGA), 17 (Missouri). We are averaging around 16.5 ppg vs any team that puts up a fight. If not for turnovers the UT game would have been much closer and the Colorado State game was another turnover fest w/ big ST's plays. Vandy is the only game we played somewhat well offensively, and that was after we fell behind and more or less went to a suedo- 2-minute offense. There were literally multiple posts predicting 40+ (and plenty of 30+ picks). Have any of you watched this team this year (before Missouri)? This offense is just like Butters and just like Muschamp's: it can't score on any defense with a pulse.

Don't get me started on the defense.

This is on Mullen. This is HIS offense and because of the mild success we had early he rolled with it (didn't make adjustments). The silly behind the LOS passing game has been figured out. It's time for him to do his job and put this offense in a position to win.

At this point it's simply: "Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss". He just talks the talk better....

Good read BMF. Perhaps you should consider branching out like a few others have and call it BMF's Bemusings? I would read, but only after I read @cover2 first :). No disrespect meant. Keep up the good work!

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
What a team failure. D-line got no pressure. DB's get thrown on. O-line continues to show why they are the worst offensive line with that much experience in UF history. Franks continues to regress.

*Earlier I had a comment on Jefferson. After watching the replay I am retracting it.

Offense:

After looking at the numbers, we had two backs average over 4 per carry. However, Mizzou didn't have to worry about the pass with how bad Franks was yesterday. This allowed them to play the run and not worry about being punished. Both Franks and Trask took shots back there. Make no mistake, this is Franks worst game of the year. Since the bye week it seems both he and the team have regressed. Perhaps it is his regression that has brought at least the offense down. However, playcalling has been more shoddy as well. That shovel pass was a decent idea, except when your line isn't blocking well, its not going to work. Toney needs the ball more. I wouldn't be shocked if he wasn't averaging at least 10 yards per touch overall. He averaged 36 yards per catch yesterday and if not for an outstanding grab by a Mizzou DB, would have averaged even more.

Scarlett will leave for the draft. Last week, he had 8 carries and was averaging 8+ a carry, but didn't get the ball the majority of the second half. This week he averaged 5.5 yards. If I'm an NFL scout, looking at that running, behind this line, even with the lack of passing, that's a good guy to me. I think Scarlett is the only guy (ok, Perine) who hasn't hurt himself on either side, the last few weeks. You can only do well with the carries you get. He has.

Passing Breakdown.

Franks:
  4. Ball grounded at Jefferson's feet on a screen (good throwaway with pressure)
  13. POOR Throw to Pitts on the Sideline. Goes out of bounds.
  14. Throw behind Grimes deep.
  15. Cleveland hit on a hitch for 7 yards
  16. Screen to Hammond for 6 yards
  17. Amazing catch by Toney on a back shoulder. 27 yard gain.
  18. Throwaway, no one open, pressure coming.
  19. High ball to Van Jefferson.
  20. Dangerous throw to Perine, under pressure. Ball batted down.
  21. Shovel pass to Lewis for a loss of two.
  22. Crossing rout to Jefferson for 5 yards...on a 3rd and 10.
Trask
  1. 11 yard pass to Van Jefferson.
  2. Pass over the middle to Hammond for a first down.
  3. Screen to Hammond for 9 yards.
  4. Incomplete to Krull...Krull didn't pay attention to his feet. If he did, it's a completion and a first down.
  5. Hits Grimes on a slant for a first down on 4th down.
  6. Throwaway
  7. Possible PI on Jefferson, who also tries to catch with his body. Incomplete.
  8. Low throw, right where Hammond could get it for a TD.
  9. Check down to Scarlett for no gain.
  10. Deep ball under pressure thrown out of bounds, Jefferson cutting in
  11. 4th and 6, high blitz, ball batted away.
  12. Great Intermediate/Deep throw over the middle to Toney for a long gain.
  13. Check down to Gamble for two.
  14. Completion to Grimes for 11 and a first down.
  15. Thrown out of bounds under heavy pressure.
  16. Drop by Pitts on what would have been a 15+ yard gain on 2 and 23. Great throw.
  17. Pass to Pierce for 9 yards.
  18. Overthrow deep into the endzone. Toney looked at first like he was running a post, but Trask was throwing a seam.

I said in the pre-season that I thought Trask's passing ability should have got him the job. Franks did well and progressed over the first half of the season. However, he has regressed and his limitations are showing themselves. In my opinion you make a change. For those of you not listening after the game (if there's a thread on this, my bad), Lee McGriff raved about Trask post-game and described himself as "about jumping out of the press box" with joy when he saw Trask on the field. He called for the change. In all my years listening, I have never heard a UF employee do that. Not in the Driskel mess, and definitely NOT in the Brantley days.

Defense:

They started fine. Then the lack of pressure on Lock meant he had time to find open receivers. I know we have linemen that the NFL is high on, but the past two gams, they have been ineffective. I wouldn't be shocked if their draft stock isn't hurt by this. For every good play Henderson made, he gave up two more. Trey Dean celebrated a deflection with his helmet early in the game. The receiver even had moved his hands to catch, if that isn't an indication to turn around, I don't know what is. If he does, its a pick and going the other way. That drive did end in a punt, but just a play that is a microcosm of the game. Once our DB's couldn't handle the pass because the line wasn't helping, the LB's were dropping, which opened the run. The exact opposite effect of what our offense did.

3rd and Grantham wasn't really a thing the first half of the season. However, the past two games it has shown up. You give up almost 300 or maybe even 300 in the first half, you aren't going to win many games.

As much as Franks and Trask will be the main talking point this week, the defense should be up there in issues talked about. If they can't get pressure, we are looking at issues the rest of the way. The perplexing thing is that we have faced better O-lines, like #failstate's.

Well, we were in a position to win 10 regular season games and we let it off the hook. Franks progressed then regressed. The defense was solid, with some problems, then it wasn't. Now the question is what team shows up next week.

Mullen in the post game played coy about the QB situation. This is bs. He tried acting like putting in Pierce was the same thing. Pierce has played in almost every game and had meaningful carries. Pierce played in the first half against Mizzou. Scarlett and Perine both played while Trask was out there. Stop playing games. I hated that crap with other coaches and I hate it now.

Fans:

I have been a jerk in the past. I hated Muschamp, I stayed until the end against Mizzou in '14, and I don't remember if I started or joined in the chorus of "Fire Muschamp" late in that game, but I was a part. I do think some things need to be said about our fans.
  • Show up before kickoff. Hell, the people next to me showed up in the 2nd quarter. As someone I heard on the radio said last night, how deflating is it when you run out into an empty stadium? I won't rail against attendance, and I'll get to that, but if you have tickets show up on time, it's not hard, you have several days' notice.
  • I don't care how bad it is, and get pissy with me if you like, but don't leave before We Are the Boys. Sing the song and leave if you want, but at least give the team 3 quarters of support. Join in one of the greatest traditions in sports. And for the love of God, we are not UGA, FSU, LSU, Tennessee, Miami, etc., we don't put four ****ing fingers in the air like every other school. We are different.
  • Said it before, if you don't know what you're talking about, just keep it shut. Example, yesterday a guy behind me had two great lines. One, "what a ****ty punt" after the ball left the Mizzou punter's foot...the ball landed at the 6 and was downed or went out of bounds at the 6. Yea...real "****ty". Two, in the 4th quarter, "I haven't seen a single run yet that has averaged more than 5 yards." Think about that statement, and if you don't know what is wrong, Santa Fe Community College is calling and wants their degree back.
  • I thought it was classless when Leak was booed against UK in '06, I thought Franks being booed was bad yesterday. I do think this hurts our image in the eyes of recruits.
  • Kudos to all the fans who stayed until the end. I understand those who did get traffic out of my way...just wait until after We Are the Boys.
  • I know watching the team is tough sometimes, but if we want the team to return to the glory days, we need to act like we did then to. Again, I will get to the counterpoint.

Quick Hits:
  • Based on Mullen's comments, and I said this to my cousin during the game, I would be shocked that Franks doesn't start next week, barring an announcement during the week.
  • UF has been outscored 34-3 in the last 5 games in the first quarter, that's unacceptable.
  • UF has lost by a combined 40 points in the last two games, that's unacceptable.
  • I said last week that Mullen put unnecessary noise into the system with Jones, I think he upped it with Trask and Franks' play yesterday didn't help.

So, here I go with this. I do think fans need to up their game, even when it was close yesterday, it couldn't be considered "loud" even with all the empty seats. However, Stricklin and Mullen's pleas to fill the Swamp will continue to fall on deaf ears when you are 1-2 against SEC opponents at home so far this year and your offense has been bad in both. Put up points and fans will come. Lose by double digits to Mizzou and UK, even if they are good this year, and people will stay away. Build it and they will come. After being told to have faith in Muschamp and Mac, fans are working on sight here, give them something to see. Trust me, if Mullen gets up on that podium and announces Franks as the starter against the Cocks, the attendance will go through the floor. I like Franks, but after the past two weeks, and the combined 40 point losses, you can't do that to the fans. I'll be there next week, against Idaho, and in Tallacrappy. However, anyone buying tickets one game at a time have little reason to buy for these games. Yes, you can say "Muschamp" or "seniors", but that's hardly motivating.

I think if we start Trask, the threat of a better passing game helps. Sorry Franks, you played your way out of the starting role. Jordan Matthews said that Mullen putting in Trask was like Spurrier, when I heard that on the replay, I turned to my wife and said that was wrong, Spurrier would have made the change in the first half.

Still a good season that can be salvaged. Go Gators!
Outstanding post. I agree with everything you said, Truth. I didn't see the game, but from the pass log you provided, it looks to me as if Trask played much better than Franks. I'd like to see him start next week and play well enough throughout the game to stay in to the end. What a statement that would make to the team and to recruits: Play well, or get out of the way for those who can.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I thought the same thing about driskel when he was here. That he had zero chance to make an nfl roster, but he’s hung around for a few years. Now Franks is worse than driskel was, but I could see him getting a look by some team.

Luckiest guy out there. Played like crap 1st pre-season got cut by SF and then Cincy signs him without him even practicing with them because of his physical attributes. Maybe after some years they have finally corrected him some but don't know if he has hardly played yet.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Luckiest guy out there. Played like crap 1st pre-season got cut by SF and then Cincy signs him without him even practicing with them because of his physical attributes. Maybe after some years they have finally corrected him some but don't know if he has hardly played yet.

Doubt he’s played much at all, but he’s collecting a check.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Franks throws one of the most uncatchable balls I've seen. He is the exact opposite of Wuerffel

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
After 9 games with this roster?

Not yet. Like I said in the post though, with Butters, I knew he was not the man for the job after the FAU game. The UF's of the world don't go to overtime w/ the FAU's of the world. And the UF's of the world "should" not get BLOWN OUT on Homecoming by the Missouri's of the world. Mullen talks a good game, unlike the last two bafoons. But he pulled a Muschamp letting Franks just go out there and throw darts yesterday series after series - he should have pulled him much sooner. He's making $6 million/year and his offense has put up: 16, 13, 20, 17, & 17 vs. the only teams on the schedule w/ a pulse. I'm not the one who started a thread saying Missouri's future 1st round QB was garbage. I'm the one who got laughed at for saying people predicting we'd score 40+ on Missouri are drunk - and I explained why. I said previously Mullen needs another 1 and a half years to flush this roster and that's what I'm willing to give him as a fan...but if we get blown out again by teams that have that much less talent than we do or we keep struggling vs. the bottom feeders, well I might have to make my same prediction as I made w/ Butters after he almost got beat by FAU. Mullen was dealt a bad hand w/ this roster and their loser mentality. I get it. But what we saw yesterday - on homecoming vs. a bottom feeder - is plain bad football, and Mullen owns it.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not yet. Like I said in the post though, with Butters, I knew he was not the man for the job after the FAU game. The UF's of the world don't go to overtime w/ the FAU's of the world. And the UF's of the world "should" not get BLOWN OUT on Homecoming by the Missouri's of the world. Mullen talks a good game, unlike the last two bafoons. But he pulled a Muschamp letting Franks just go out there and throw darts yesterday series after series - he should have pulled him much sooner. He's making $6 million/year and his offense has put up: 16, 13, 20, 17, & 17 vs. the only teams on the schedule w/ a pulse. I'm not the one who started a thread saying Missouri's future 1st round QB was garbage. I'm the one who got laughed at for saying people predicting we'd score 40+ on Missouri are drunk - and I explained why. I said previously Mullen needs another 1 and a half years to flush this roster and that's what I'm willing to give him as a fan...but if we get blown out again by teams that have that much less talent than we do or we keep struggling vs. the bottom feeders, well I might have to make my same prediction as I made w/ Butters after he almost got beat by FAU. Mullen was dealt a bad hand w/ this roster and their loser mentality. I get it. But what we saw yesterday - on homecoming vs. a bottom feeder - is plain bad football, and Mullen owns it.

I think you already covered this ground...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb