Truth Takes: Insane Asylum 3?

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Well, what a difference a year makes. Last year going into the Tennessee game there was a lot of nervousness about losing to Tennessee. Due to the PC Police, I will not describe the game, but it is worth mentioning that Munch and Tutuola were seen in Knoxville early that Sunday morning interviewing Big Vol Daddy. Since then we have gone on to win at Vandy, beat FSU, Michigan, and Miami. Tennessee has gone on to lose at Vandy to not qualify for a bowl, get embarrassed by Ga. State in a game where the final score was closer than the game was, and allowed BYU to get a 60+ yard pass to set up the game tying field goal with 17 seconds left.

And to clarify my view on Trask, I'd like to enter the following from my 2018 Season Preview marked as Truth Exhibit A:

I'm a Trask guy and have been one since I felt he did better with less in the 2017 Spring Game (adjusted for the fact he had a walk on O-line vs. 1st Team D). Trask has shown accuracy in what little we've seen, but can he do it under the lights? I think the receivers will get open, the questions are will the QB's have time and will they get the ball to the open/right guy. I think if protected, which was a major issue last year (see the Michigan game I re-watched Sunday on YouTube), then we will see passing yardage like we haven't seen in years (imagine averaging 225+ a game for a season).

I would also like to submit from the Post-Mizzou Takes marked as Truth Exhibit B:

I said in the pre-season that I thought Trask's passing ability should have got him the job. Franks did well and progressed over the first half of the season. However, he has regressed and his limitations are showing themselves. In my opinion you make a change. For those of you not listening after the game (if there's a thread on this, my bad), Lee McGriff raved about Trask post-game and described himself as "about jumping out of the press box" with joy when he saw Trask on the field. He called for the change. In all my years listening, I have never heard a UF employee do that. Not in the Driskel mess, and definitely NOT in the Brantley days.

Ok, the second one was just re-iterating the first, but also had a tidbit I know I had forgotten about.

Could Trask take our offense to the next level? Yep. Do I want to see more playcalling that fits his strengths? Yes, as I do with everyone. Chuck Oliver had a good take on Sawyer Smith and UK last week before the game. Basically, that knowing the starter is done for the year allows you to mold the offense to the back up where if there is a chance the starter would return a team would do as minimal manipulation as possible to save confusion on assignments and such when the starter returns.

I would not be shocked if we see a new OL lineup to start the game. Delance has not been as good as I have hoped and was sat for Gouraige at times this past Saturday. The good and bad of tis change is that the move of Forsythe to the right tackle spot would leave us with questions on both sides of the line. For the most part, the left side of the line has been good this year. Remember, the strip sack, which the guy came from the left, was from an assignment of the left end to the right guard. That's a losing combination. Worth watching Top Billin's breakdown for his discussion of the line. The rest too.

Bryce Thompson may be back for Tennessee's backfield, but I don't think that's enough to stop the Trask train. I'm not sure why we didn't see Copeland more against Kentucky, but it was nice to see players like Hammond and Pitts have shining moments. If Trask and Pitts develop a connection it will be unbelievably dangerous. Pitts is a match up nightmare and Trask could get him the ball just that much quicker.

On defense, our front seven may face Tennessee's first repeat offensive line line-up this season after 3 line-ups the first three weeks. However, no guarantees. If Zuniga is back and Tennessee cannot find a quick strike passing game like Kentucky did, our guys will make life hell for Tennessee. Tennessee hasn't exactly been scary on the ground either except for their game against Chattanooga, though I've heard plenty of fans calling for Randy Shannon after the UAB game in 2017 so those games must mean something...right?

Special shoutout to Reese for being the National Defensive Player of the Week.

Anyone see where the safeties prepare their own rotation and it's not done by English? Coach English need to step up and keep Davis and Stewart in as much as possible. They only accounted for 3 turnovers Saturday and kept most of the passing underneath most of the night with few exceptions. The defensive goal should be to not rush three unless it's a end of game/half long pass for a TD scenario. The question of CJ is a big one has 500 year Seniors Callaway and Jennings. The question is can Guantanamo have time to make good decisions...even with time, can he make good decisions?

Maybe we finally have a punt return worth something? I mean Brandon James made a living against better Tennessee teams. McPherson was a victim of an announcer's jinx last week. Now that his miss is out of the way I hope his march to being UF's all-time leading scorer continues.

So, will we have Mick Hubert screaming about a late "insane asylum" for a third straight UT visit to the Swamp? If we do, there may be blood. This Tennessee team has not looked good. This is also that Tennessee team's first road game of the season. A make shift offensive line in their first road game favors the home team. Throw in beasts like Greenard and hopefully Zuniga on the ends and your asking for a long day on offense.

Florida 38
Tennessee 17

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
If that’s true about English not establishing the safety rotation it begs the question - what exactly does he do? Provide pointers during film study? He’s not recruiting and apparently not participating in game day prep/execution.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Could Trask take our offense to the next level? Yep. Do I want to see more playcalling that fits his strengths? Yes,
tenor.gif

Youre expecting something other than option?

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I hope you’re right but I suspect Trask comes back down to earth a bit.

Alex.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Man, you’re all in on the anti-Mullen stuff now. No hate for Trask? Mullen must have hurt your feelings deeply during the Miami game.
Now, Ive just watched this episode of "Mullinz trying to figure out what to do w a passing QB" before.

Its a lot like a monkey w a rubik's cube.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Now, Ive just watched this episode of "Mullinz trying to figure out what to do w a passing QB" before.

Its a lot like a monkey w a rubik's cube.
Referring to Leak? I hope we aren’t about to see 2005 part deux. Wouldn’t mind 2006 part deux though. Advanced stats had us at 11 that year...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He will have about what he had last game.

If he isnt knocked out of the game from an injury from running the option.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That about right for yardage. I was thinking 180-200 mostly on 2 or 3 YACs. I dont see two TDs though. I expect three rushing TDs.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
That about right for yardage. I was thinking 180-200 mostly on 2 or 3 YACs. I dont see two TDs though. I expect three rushing TDs.
I’m hoping the pass to Copeland was a sign of things to come and not an aberration. That was a sweet slant. More of that, less of the passes he attempted on the 2 point try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator