Truth Takes: It's About Perspective (and more)

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You're hilarious. I once held your view about soccer. Then my daughter started playing. I sat on the sideline for a couple of years watching and finally understood it. Its a great game. My second favorite to CFB. Your loss. Carry on.

Thank you for confirming soccer is in fact a ladies game .

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I'm glad when you got done watching soccer you were able to watch the game on tape that we all watched live so you could recap it for us.

I watched the game live as well, just not as detailed as normal.

Great read..... but nothing on Delance?

I feel that he gets so much kicking from a lot of people with a real voice, but yea, he still loves to play matadore.

Truth Take: I’ve lost all respect for your soccer loving faggity ass

:bwahaha:

Missing an "o" in there somewhere

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Oh, I think I meant to put this part in, but didn't.

If Vandy were not the only SEC school banning fans, I would have been in Nashville.

Hoped to go to as many as possible this year, A&M wasn't feasible and Vandy wouldn't let me. So, if I'm going to watch via ESPN app twice anyway (usually I watch twice before commenting), might as well have a once in a lifetime experience...and it's hilarious watching the reactions.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

No. None. They sharpened their K-Bars, practiced marksmanship and worked on their close order drill until they got it right and their Mom called them for dinner where they ate quietly at a sitting position of attention....back straight...left hand left knee..eyes straight ahead. You let your kids play soccer?

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

Honestly I rag on soccer but I never gave it chance. I never played it, never been to a game and never watched a game on TV. I saw highlights of the girl taking off her top when the girls USA team won.
But true story. When oldest son was about 8 or 9 my wife told me he was crying because he wanted to play on a soccer team but “Daddy hates soccer”. I told him he could play if he wants and I was just joking and I would come to every game. About a week later I asked him what happened with the soccer thing and he said he never tried out. I asked why and he said “I knew you were lying”. I said good boy. He’s almost 30 now and we still laugh our asses off about that.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Honestly I rag on soccer but I never gave it chance. I never played it, never been to a game and never watched a game on TV. I saw highlights of the girl taking off her top when the girls USA team won.
But true story. When oldest son was about 8 or 9 my wife told me he was crying because he wanted to play on a soccer team but “Daddy hates soccer”. I told him he could play if he wants and I was just joking and I would come to every game. About a week later I asked him what happened with the soccer thing and he said he never tried out. I asked why and he said “I knew you were lying”. I said good boy. He’s almost 30 now and we still laugh our asses off about that.
I actually gave it a chance and rag on it all the time. I started playing when I was six and because my friends were playing it too, stuck with it until I was 14. Got to HS and had no desire to keep playing. Seen plenty of HS, College, and Pro games in person and on TV, and lived for four years in a foreign country where it was the #1 sport. Despite all that, I never could really enjoy it. Now I’ll watch a game once in a blue moon, but generally find it dull. And despise the injury flopping and the concept of “injury time” added to the game.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I hate soccer. I'd rather stick needles in my eyes or watch paint dry than watch soccer. BUT, I was in Roatan on vacation in 2014 (I think). Roatan is a small island off Honduras. There's a large ex-pat community there. Anyhow, Honduras was playing a World Cup match and we were at a small beach side bar, typical tourist atmosphere, place was packed with locals and ex-pats. Honduras scored first, went up 1-0 (they ended up losing 2-1) and the place went f*cking crazy! It was fun being among people who really cared. I'd probably go to one in England just to experience the nut jobs.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Watched the Gator game live, but had Orlando going on my phone the whole time too.

Poetic justice that the entire officiating crew from that game has been suspended and will not ref a game for the remainder of the playoffs. Sorry, if you're going to card that as "encroachment" then every GK ever is going to be sent off by the 3rd round. No reviews for any of the NYCFC GK...even though he was doing the exact same thing on multiple occasions.

As for the Gator game...I appreciate the write-up, and yes, perspective is needed; but I think it worth mentioning that even Mullen sounds like he's getting irritated with whatever TF Grantham is doing by his very public comments that the younger players need to be rotated in more. They've definitely played better than the upperclassmen on a few different occasions--and while they aren't doing everything right, they're at least not making the same bone headed mistakes (repeatedly) that the allegedly more experienced players are doing.

The biggest positive I can see is that 1) Mullen is listening to the growing noise within the fanbase that Grantham just isn't cutting it: he was never a popular hire and his very real flaws and deficiencies are being exposed on a weekly basis; 2) Mullen also sees/hears the fan discontent with the underwhelming performance of the starters who are playing like freshman and is responding accordingly

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Watched the Gator game live, but had Orlando going on my phone the whole time too.

Poetic justice that the entire officiating crew from that game has been suspended and will not ref a game for the remainder of the playoffs. Sorry, if you're going to card that as "encroachment" then every GK ever is going to be sent off by the 3rd round. No reviews for any of the NYCFC GK...even though he was doing the exact same thing on multiple occasions.

As for the Gator game...I appreciate the write-up, and yes, perspective is needed; but I think it worth mentioning that even Mullen sounds like he's getting irritated with whatever TF Grantham is doing by his very public comments that the younger players need to be rotated in more. They've definitely played better than the upperclassmen on a few different occasions--and while they aren't doing everything right, they're at least not making the same bone headed mistakes (repeatedly) that the allegedly more experienced players are doing.

The biggest positive I can see is that 1) Mullen is listening to the growing noise within the fanbase that Grantham just isn't cutting it: he was never a popular hire and his very real flaws and deficiencies are being exposed on a weekly basis; 2) Mullen also sees/hears the fan discontent with the underwhelming performance of the starters who are playing like freshman and is responding accordingly

@gatorev12 is a man of culture. Yea, the selective enforcement of the rule is ridiculous. I've seen comments on the Twitter machine from non-City fans, both domestic and international that wonder what the f*** PRO was doing in that game. Seriously though, it was great when I listened to the highlights with the TV commentary and even they were saying it was one of the best/craziest endings of all time.

In general, soccer is a lot like Florida offenses. You have the Champ/Mac offenses, it is definitely boring af. BUT if you have attacking offenses like Spurrier/Meyer/Mullen, it can be a great show to watch. City has definitely gone from more of the former to the latter this season.

To the Gators, Mullen commenting publicly is a massive step. I don't care if it is just lip service to please fans (I mean I do, but here's my point), its more than Mac ever did regarding Nuss. I can only imagine if the defense costs us a shot at the Playoffs what many high dollar donors will start saying. We can make jokes all we want, but these are the guys calling the shots on a lot of this stuff. Especially, with all the money lost in a Covid year. Will you risk having people walk by keeping Grantham?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.