Truth Takes: It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Ignore the pleas from the children that can’t read 2 sentences before needing pictures to maintain focus. I love your write ups, keep them coming

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
So, I just realized Miami’s true freshman left tackle is about 285# allegedly and has put 50ish of that on since either January or after signing day, telling me he’s never playing competitively near that weight. Say what you will about our smaller rush ends, but that just evens the gap and I’m curious to see how he does even more.

Being a 2-3* recruit at tackle in high school while playing at 235 tells me there weren’t many big or good defensive ends in his district in South Carolina (that also gives me a clue).

This kid could do well, but I have a hard time believing he’s ever played left tackle against a kid he was close to in size or skill. Throw in an experienced guy like Greenard (if suspension rumors are false) and Williams is looking at a long day from what I think is his blindside.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mi...acc/university-of-miami/article233534252.html

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So, I just realized Miami’s true freshman left tackle is about 285# allegedly and has put 50ish of that on since either January or after signing day, telling me he’s never playing competitively near that weight. Say what you will about our smaller rush ends, but that just evens the gap and I’m curious to see how he does even more.

Being a 2-3* recruit at tackle in high school while playing at 235 tells me there weren’t many big or good defensive ends in his district in South Carolina (that also gives me a clue).

This kid could do well, but I have a hard time believing he’s ever played left tackle against a kid he was close to in size or skill. Throw in an experienced guy like Greenard (if suspension rumors are false) and Williams is looking at a long day from what I think is his blindside.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mi...acc/university-of-miami/article233534252.html

He was a mismatch at 235 against lesser competition in high school but was really quick on his feet. He says he is 290 now and is carrying it fine. They gave him some juice for sure. You would think he will struggle a lot in his first start.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good post Truth. You would for sure put Dooley and Andreu out of a job. Most importantly.........

da "U" is going dow upload_2019-8-24_6-48-9.png

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
He was a mismatch at 235 against lesser competition in high school but was really quick on his feet. He says he is 290 now and is carrying it fine. They gave him some juice for sure. You would think he will struggle a lot in his first start.

I guess I forgot to put the footwork portion, which you are right, that would help people decide a 235 tackle from South Carolina is a good person to recruit. Not sure if he's lost a step, but how will he do will a guy with better skills and closer to his size is the question.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess I forgot to put the footwork portion, which you are right, that would help people decide a 235 tackle from South Carolina is a good person to recruit. Not sure if he's lost a step, but how will he do will a guy with better skills and closer to his size is the question.

An interesting recruit no doubt and I guess the 235 lb. kept the rankings and offers away. Diaz hasn't said a whole lot about him except he won the job because he was playing the best and made a comment about him being able to recover from bad things sometimes due to his quickness.

He may end up alright but its very doubtful we have a Jonah Williams situation here where he can come in and handle NFL bound guys as a true freshman with no problem.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTruth133,

My guess is if some player on Miami jumps up and surprises Gator fans where did he come from it will be that UCLA D lineman transfer because most people already know what Trevon Hill can do. Not sure if you have seen tape on that guy but he really sticks out in his 2017 tape. In 2018 they changed the defense at UCLA and he got disgruntled and didn't play much but Miami's defense lets him play like he did in 2017.

He isn't that impressive looking but he is really good at popping low on taller linemen and leveraging them and can release and get lateral quick as hell running the RB down many times by himself. He really stood out on tape in 2017 against those PAC 12 spread teams and he even was working the Texas A&M O linemen pretty good that year in that game with them. I wonder if he is a player that our Center not being that big might actually help. He is quick as heck with stunt moves also.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Could be an issue...unless we do that #failstate plan like I said and go outside and quickly to eliminate line issues. Someone put on Twitter we should go 4-5 wide and keep them in Nickel...I don't disagree in part. We should run the quads we saw against Michigan and make the safeties determine what we run. Also, if we are quicker like we've heard, the brand new safeties for Miami will have less time to figure out their lineups and that's how mismatches happen.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

Got to make sure we have someone spying Williams. He’ll be running a lot today - can’t give him an easy out by letting him escape the rush.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
GatorTruth133,

My guess is if some player on Miami jumps up and surprises Gator fans where did he come from it will be that UCLA D lineman transfer because most people already know what Trevon Hill can do. Not sure if you have seen tape on that guy but he really sticks out in his 2017 tape. In 2018 they changed the defense at UCLA and he got disgruntled and didn't play much but Miami's defense lets him play like he did in 2017.

He isn't that impressive looking but he is really good at popping low on taller linemen and leveraging them and can release and get lateral quick as hell running the RB down many times by himself. He really stood out on tape in 2017 against those PAC 12 spread teams and he even was working the Texas A&M O linemen pretty good that year in that game with them. I wonder if he is a player that our Center not being that big might actually help. He is quick as heck with stunt moves also.
You have an opinion on the Gators? Seem to be really well versed on Cane stuff....

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I have said plenty on the Gators and what I think the strengths/weaknesses in this game are.
121528510-cute-hand-drawn-striped-candy-cane-vector-illustration-halloween-themed-orange-green-and-black-sweet.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator