Truth Takes: Moral Victories Are For Losers

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You obviously weren't there; I was. We weren't gathered there to honor the team, I assure you. The verbal filth that was hurled at those players as they got off that plane was the stuff of legend. Several people spit. Others threw physical objects. I flung an AA battery that laid open the forehead of Reidel Anthony; I was actually aiming for Spurrier and Reidel was in front of him. Fortunately for both of them, I had missed with a D battery the previous throw that put a nice dent in the side of the plane. I'll bet that dent is still there today.

The cops tried to find those that threw things, but we were able to blend into the crowd and get away (I also had one of the cops that was there tell me later he secretly supported it). It was an incident the university wanted to cover up and did so successfully. However, it's time for the truth to come out. Also, it was that kind of "tough love" that put the team over the top the following year. That kind of thing is necessary and is unfortunately happening less and less.

Sofla is an Eagles fan, he considers that supporting his team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator