Truth Takes USF at Florida 2022

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
If AR can’t throw the ball, F*ck it! Run the ball down their throat until someone proves they can stop it. Hell LSU last year ran the same damn play 50 times in a row and beat us.

Let’s line up in pistol with AR, Etienne to his side and Johnson 4 yards behind him. Good luck on stopping those 3.
And this. Add some periodic strategic throws downfield to back the defense off the line of scrimmage.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Please see TAMU and App State. Please see Arkansas and whoever took them to the 4th quarter last week. Please see Bammer and the Longhorns. Ok, not the same, USF has more talent available than Texas.
I don't care about those other schools. My only concern is UF.

Last edited:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Totally not the point. I pointed out that Meyer's first team had a close game vs. Vandy, but blew out the gimmes. Butters team went to OT vs. a 3-8 FAU - which is almost what happened to Napier's team Saturday night. Regardless of which team had more D talent - there's no excuse to go down to the wire vs. the USF's on our schedule, none. But I get it - Ox wants this forum to be swampgas, so if you don't pump sunshine don't post here. Message received (it was received 9 months ago too, thought it was safe to come back but that's what I get for assuming). Notice the downvotes from the sunshine pumpers - but they don't respond to defend their position (because they can't - they can't defend coming a c*nt hair away from losing to USF). smh

Happy Good Morning GIF by Curtains Cool
Who stomped on your douche-bag? :lmao:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Totally not the point. I pointed out that Meyer's first team had a close game vs. Vandy, but blew out the gimmes. Butters team went to OT vs. a 3-8 FAU - which is almost what happened to Napier's team Saturday night. Regardless of which team had more D talent - there's no excuse to go down to the wire vs. the USF's on our schedule, none. But I get it - Ox wants this forum to be swampgas, so if you don't pump sunshine don't post here. Message received (it was received 9 months ago too, thought it was safe to come back but that's what I get for assuming). Notice the downvotes from the sunshine pumpers - but they don't respond to defend their position (because they can't - they can't defend coming a c*nt hair away from losing to USF). smh

Happy Good Morning GIF by Curtains Cool
Hot dang it! First salvo in the ‘22 Pumper v Dumper war. Leave it to BMF…

:lol:

Cozumel Gator

Living in paradise, streaming all games
Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2016
Thank you, Truth for another outstanding effort. We are glad you still find the time for this. As to air conditioning here we install a mini-split in each room. We will have a/c unless the power is out, and we only cool the room we are in.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I'm somewhere in between. The foundation Napier is laying in recruiting is good. I also think he is slightly handicapped by the junk Mullen left him. Ask yourself this; how many of these players would be starting for other SEC teams?

With that said, no way in hell we should have struggled with USF.

I don't think Napier is done yet. The reality is as others pointed out, our best players are his guys. Let's give him a few years. Needs to land a big time QB and our OL/LB recruiting needs work. The actual play of our OL has been the most encouraging sign. Can't win in this league without winning the LOS and our coaches look up to the task.

Napier is going to have some head scratchers early on here. I think he gets how to build a program which we so desperately need right now.

Side note; if Jeff Scott wants to come be OC, I'd let him. Did well at Clemson and his offense had us confused the other night

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I'm somewhere in between. The foundation Napier is laying in recruiting is good. I also think he is slightly handicapped by the junk Mullen left him. Ask yourself this; how many of these players would be starting for other SEC teams?

With that said, no way in hell we should have struggled with USF.

I don't think Napier is done yet. The reality is as others pointed out, our best players are his guys. Let's give him a few years. Needs to land a big time QB and our OL/LB recruiting needs work. The actual play of our OL has been the most encouraging sign. Can't win in this league without winning the LOS and our coaches look up to the task.

Napier is going to have some head scratchers early on here. I think he gets how to build a program which we so desperately need right now.

Side note; if Jeff Scott wants to come be OC, I'd let him. Did well at Clemson and his offense had us confused the other night

I think you can do better in some areas with the players left from Mullen. I do believe quite a few would be starting at other SEC schools, though I am pretty sure the measuring stick used when the other SEC schools comment is used is mostly Bama and UGA. Looking at the other 11 schools, definitely some would be starting. We have a great OL, great RB's, Receivers that have been solid when the ball has gotten to them and a QB that has been a mixed bag so far for whatever reason on offense. We've seen him in games like LSU and Utah take over and then we've seen him have performances like Kentucky and second half against USF. Interesting note though I didn't have before. Richardson comes up limping on the first drive of the 2nd half after running 16 yards for a 1st down on a scramble. Though I am not sure there is a causation link, after that he begins his 2 of 8 with two picks slide.

On defense, we have at least 3 CB's that could start at any SEC school, some probably in a year or two as they develop. I'd prefer Perkins start at the Nickel, but as GNFP pointed out, he's great when he knows what he's doing, it's getting him to know that is the trick. LB, depth is the issue many thought it would be and Miller missing definitely hurts. Safety is what it is. Both starters do good and bad things depth is young, but talented. OLB has overall been fine with Cox and Ryland-Powell outside of a few plays here and there. DT depth is the issue we knew it was. However, Big Dez stepping up is encouraging as has been the increasing play time of Chris McClellan. The DE position has overall been good with Sapp, Boone, Dexter, and Princely. Some youthful mistakes at times, but it'll come.

Players that would be starting at at least 1 other SEC school(non-transfer/'22 recruit):
Offense:
AR, Shorter, Hendo, Wright, Zip, Gouraige, White, Kingsley, Tarquin

Defense:
Dexter, Princely, Marshall, Miller, Cox, possibly Helm, Torrence II, and Dean (would probably start for at least 3 SEC schools).

Add in transfer/'22 recruit
ETN, Moore, Kimber, Torrence, Johnson, Pearsall

This roster isn't to the point of competing for SEC Championships, but it is certainly better than going toe to toe with USF or losing to this Kentucky team. Hell, we beat a great Utah team. Easy to say that we don't without the INT, but same could be said about our fumble on the first drive. This is still a top 10/12 composite roster. It will get better with recruiting. I'm for giving Nape time, but I'm also not a turn a blind eye to any issues guy.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
2018 comes to mind.
Exactly this. I meant to mention it in my response to Cover 2's thoughts on the game but figured I had already typed enough nonsense. We were probably a little better on Defense but I feel like our Offense is eerily similar. Our Oline and backs are the strength. Our QB (except the Utah game) and WRs are average at best right now. It took a couple of games for that to become a realization for our coaching staff in 2018 but when it did it took a lot of pressure off of Franks and allowed him to be a game manager while limiting his ebbs and flows from play to play.

As a side note, not sure how many of you listened to the presser yesterday but I felt like we got two different messages from Billy and AR pertaining to his running ability not being used. Napier was asked about this and stated that getting AR involved in the run game was definitely something the staff is aware of. However, later he mentioned the lack of depth at the current moment in the QB room. Then AR was asked the same thing and responded by saying he doesn't know why he stopped using his legs. That concerns me :facepalm:

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I think you can do better in some areas with the players left from Mullen. I do believe quite a few would be starting at other SEC schools, though I am pretty sure the measuring stick used when the other SEC schools comment is used is mostly Bama and UGA. Looking at the other 11 schools, definitely some would be starting. We have a great OL, great RB's, Receivers that have been solid when the ball has gotten to them and a QB that has been a mixed bag so far for whatever reason on offense. We've seen him in games like LSU and Utah take over and then we've seen him have performances like Kentucky and second half against USF. Interesting note though I didn't have before. Richardson comes up limping on the first drive of the 2nd half after running 16 yards for a 1st down on a scramble. Though I am not sure there is a causation link, after that he begins his 2 of 8 with two picks slide.

On defense, we have at least 3 CB's that could start at any SEC school, some probably in a year or two as they develop. I'd prefer Perkins start at the Nickel, but as GNFP pointed out, he's great when he knows what he's doing, it's getting him to know that is the trick. LB, depth is the issue many thought it would be and Miller missing definitely hurts. Safety is what it is. Both starters do good and bad things depth is young, but talented. OLB has overall been fine with Cox and Ryland-Powell outside of a few plays here and there. DT depth is the issue we knew it was. However, Big Dez stepping up is encouraging as has been the increasing play time of Chris McClellan. The DE position has overall been good with Sapp, Boone, Dexter, and Princely. Some youthful mistakes at times, but it'll come.

Players that would be starting at at least 1 other SEC school(non-transfer/'22 recruit):
Offense:
AR, Shorter, Hendo, Wright, Zip, Gouraige, White, Kingsley, Tarquin

Defense:
Dexter, Princely, Marshall, Miller, Cox, possibly Helm, Torrence II, and Dean (would probably start for at least 3 SEC schools).

Add in transfer/'22 recruit
ETN, Moore, Kimber, Torrence, Johnson, Pearsall

This roster isn't to the point of competing for SEC Championships, but it is certainly better than going toe to toe with USF or losing to this Kentucky team. Hell, we beat a great Utah team. Easy to say that we don't without the INT, but same could be said about our fumble on the first drive. This is still a top 10/12 composite roster. It will get better with recruiting. I'm for giving Nape time, but I'm also not a turn a blind eye to any issues guy.

I compare us to Alabama and Georgia because that is where this program should be at. Not at the level of Mizzou and Vandy. Hell you and I could contend for starting spots at these programs.

If we're looking at the upper echelon programs, we would have guys who play but I doubt any of those players would be in the two deep on Bama and Georgia. Hell one of our better CBs was a transfer from Georgia who couldnt break their two deep.

I know we're closer to Vandy and Mizzou than Georgia and Alabama but we're a team that should be competing for championships, not 5th in the SEC

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Hot dang it! First salvo in the ‘22 Pumper v Dumper war. Leave it to BMF…

:lol:
Half-assed Pumper chiming in here.... but are we the only school without a TD pass this season? Has any previous coach at UF ever gone three whole games without a TD pass? What happened to all those deep shots we were supposed to take? After attending Ox's summer camp (twice), I had higher expectations for the forward pass. Status: Deflated. Soldier on, Pumpers!

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Interesting note though I didn't have before. Richardson comes up limping on the first drive of the 2nd half after running 16 yards for a 1st down on a scramble. Though I am not sure there is a causation link, after that he begins his 2 of 8 with two picks slide.

I re-watched that play several times. AR's right foot/ankle gets stepped on by a USF defender at end of slide. May have affected his subsequent performance.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If AR turns into a limp noodle each time his pinky toe is bumped why is he even in there? It's freaking football for christ's sake. Rub some dirt on it, sack up and do your job!

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
So, listening to Gator Nation Football Podcast (who actually have legit inside sources), they say that AR did indeed tweak something before the Kentucky game and while they don't think it limited his throwing too much physically, the mental aspect of playing hurt might've taken a toll. Who knows? Just something interesting I heard today. If I missed it in another thread, my bad.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So, listening to Gator Nation Football Podcast (who actually have legit inside sources), they say that AR did indeed tweak something before the Kentucky game and while they don't think it limited his throwing too much physically, the mental aspect of playing hurt might've taken a toll. Who knows? Just something interesting I heard today. If I missed it in another thread, my bad.
fragile a christmas story GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb