Truth Takes: Well I'm Coming, Music City

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Tomorrow, I add another SEC Stadium (enter the isn't a "real" SEC stadium comment here) to my list. It appears I am a week too early to see the leaves change, but man does BNA have a beautiful drive home from every UF home game. I can't wait to see what Nashville holds.

First things first, after beating Tennessee, #FailState, and the fighting O's with a MAJOR showdown on the River in 2 weeks, this has all the feelings of a trap game. We've had way too many close calls with Vandy in the past three seasons. All were one score games with little time left (and if all the people wanting Davis' head last year had their way would have ended as such). We can also talk about '96, '05, '06 and '11, but those games didn't involve the majority of this year's team. If what I have seen from Dan Mullen so far holds water, I don't think this team plays like it.

Game will kick off in the 50's, one of the coldest games most of our players have ever played. I think this may make an impact in our passing game as the ball just feels different and feels harder when attempting to catch the ball.

QB: I expect that if the line gives Franks time, he will have a career day. Granted, that bar isn't that high yet so I might not be saying much.

RB: I think after his absence last week we see Pierce. I think the RB's start showing the potential...I'll get to this in a minute.

WR: Who gets the big plays this week? The good news is we have several players who have proven they can make plays.

TE: We are undefeated this season when Lewis catches a pass. Moral Stephens has shown up (and caused Mullen to take shots at previous staffs). Gamble and Krull have seen more action as of late. Don't be surprised to see these guys get more work against an overmatched Vandy D.

OL: Man, what a difference Brett Heggie made in the run game last week. The thread on Heggie has a great example of Heggie making blocks where Fred Johnson, the human statue, looks like the moron from FSU that held his stance as his QB ran for his life (in '09) except he is the same amount of effective, but trying to play. I'm sorry, he's at least a 3rd year starter, no excuse for his play. Anyways, the Heggie difference helped open up lanes for our 215 yard rushing day vs. LSU. We can do even better against Vandy, but I'm not sure we will as we may try to work out the pass game against what should be an overmatched opponent.

DL: They are probably facing the best passing QB they have faced to this point and may be the best passing QB until Lock comes to Gainesville. The problem for Shurmur is he has to face this D-Line and the pass rush. If the quick routes aren't open, I feel bad for Mr. Shurmur.

LB: Let's get this out of the way, no player has changed our D more than David Reese. He returned from injury and his impact has been apparent. He lines players up, adjusts players if need, and is a sure tackler. He has allowed Joseph to have this renaissance over the past few games. I see Joseph adding a few more tackles for loss and possibly a sack.

DB: Biggest test of the year so far, at least as QB's go. Vandy's receivers aren't players to sleep on either. However, if Vandy's line can't slow our pass rush, it could lead to a big day from the DB's. I would not be shocked if Chauncey added another sack as well. Will Stiner seal another game with a play that covers an otherwise so-so performance?

ST: I could see a block or a TD coming. It's been a hot minute.

Quick Hits:
  • I cannot understate how much I want UGA to run up the score on LSU. Why? Because (1) Screw LSU, (2) I want an over cocky UGA who thins they can sleepwalk into Jacksonville, and (3) Have I mentioned that in my opinion LSU has the worst SEC fans? Ok, really it's all about #2. Ok, mostly about them being overconfident.
  • Aubie over Tennessee by 30 would be nice. Somehow, I think it's a one score game, but I could be wrong.
  • I may start believing in Mizzou or the fighting Muschamps if either team loses by 10 or less. That's how little I think of both teams.

Florida 38 Vandy 10. We have tended to play Vandy close once every few years...however, it's been close the last few years and I don't think Mullen falls into a trap.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I want to see Franks complete 65% or better today. That's the main thing I'm looking for. If his completion % increases the overall offensive efficiency will increase - especially 3rd down conversions.

I would love to see that score (28 point win) so we can see some of the younger kids play - which has been a deficiency of this team for the last 8 years, letting also-rans stay in close games w/ us. We need these younger kids to play; the OL's, Trask, EJ, Pierce, etc.

Last edited:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It is a great place to go, lots of Gators there and lots of fun the night before. Now the first half was not pleasant, but the second is at least decent. I hope you enjoyed it, I enjoyed being home with the big TV.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Well, Franks has 65% and a career day for yards and it was easily majority UF fans. I’ll have more later as I figure I better write the Takes tonight since I’ll be driving home tomorrow

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry I didn't get to attend in person. Literally impossible and the lure of being on the couch with beverages and the big screen helped. I work in Nashville every day. Hope you had a good time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.