Tua Tagovailoa

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Luckily those Bama no-talents have Tua to pull them along.

Politigator

L-boy's Cousin
BANNED
Oct 5, 2018
Tua is among the best, maybe the best I've ever seen, especially as a true sophomore. He has the quick release and fearlessness of Rex Grossman (and Will Grier) making tough throws, the field vision of Danny wuerfel, armstrength, accuracy as good as I've ever seen, and above average mobility and running ability.

It will be interesting to see if he continues to develop. I make a point to watch Bama just to watch him.

The only thing he lacks for NFL is height. Given his mobility I think he overcomes that.

I still think Scam Newton may be the best single season football player ever to play.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The best you’ve ever seen? :crazy:

I wouldn’t even think of him in my top 20. He’s talented, but has all the best players surrounding him.

He’ll flame out in the NFL.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
The best you’ve ever seen? :crazy:

I wouldn’t even think of him in my top 20. He’s talented, but has all the best players surrounding him.

He’ll flame out in the NFL.

While I agree he has a great team around him, depending on which team he goes to and his growth he has good NFL prospects.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Put him behind our offensive line and then see if he's the best. :snicker:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just to be clear, I give "0" fvks about anything NFL related..... but carry on..

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
That's the real question, Fitzpatrick was playing well, so well Tua got in for that garbage time.

There's always been an unwritten rule of no more than 2 ginger QB's starting in the league at the same time. This was inevitable once Dak got hurt.

I don't make the rules.

8c033db0-c09a-11e9-b7ff-5be8f90aee7a

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There's always been an unwritten rule of no more than 2 ginger QB's starting in the league at the same time. This was inevitable once Dak got hurt.

I don't make the rules.

8c033db0-c09a-11e9-b7ff-5be8f90aee7a

So he will be starting again in a couple weeks after Wentz is broken behind that line (yes I know our Oline is schit as well).

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tua has 2 nfl passes lol.

@SportsCenter: Ryan Fitzpatrick appreciation post. Through six games:

1,535 pass yards
12 Total TDs
Dolphins 2nd place in AFC East

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Thank God. What must be done eventually must be done immediately.

Glad to see this.

Agree. He’s a “McCown/Hoyer/Cousins” type that will be in the league for three decades as occasional performer but ultimately more of a stopgap. There’s an obvious ceiling that’s getting you no where, especially in the AFC right now. May as well see what you’ve got in Tua.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Agree. He’s a “McCown/Hoyer/Cousins” type that will be in the league for three decades as occasional performer but ultimately more of a stopgap. There’s an obvious ceiling that’s getting you no where, especially in the AFC right now. May as well see what you’ve got in Tua.

gotta admit I don't really follow the Fins and the QB controversy.
was Fitz playing poorly enough to get yanked?
If not - why not ride that pale horse until he pulls up lame - then throw Tua in there.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If not - why not ride that pale horse until he pulls up lame - then throw Tua in there.

That's how I feel about it Fitz was over 70% completition percentage, Tua is coming off a nasty hip surgery recovery, what would it hurt to let Fitz play while Tua gets used to NFL life and heal.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

That's how I feel about it Fitz was over 70% completition percentage, Tua is coming off a nasty hip surgery recovery, what would it hurt to let Fitz play while Tua gets used to NFL life and heal.

You guys have met the Dolphins before, right?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nick Fitzgerald is always available. Cut by Bucs practice squad.

You can still have a Fitz to back him up.

Last edited:

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
If it weren’t for Tua, Jawja would have won a title. For that, he’s earned the right to replace Fitz at QB.

Hell, for that my son can call him Daddy, and I probably wouldn’t be too upset.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nick Fitzgerald is always available. Cut by Bucs practice squad.

You can still have a Fitz to back him up.

The Bucs picked up the Dolphins and Cardinals garbage on their practice squad before the season Josh Rosen.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
If it weren’t for Tua, Jawja would have won a title. For that, he’s earned the right to replace Fitz at QB.

Hell, for that my son can call him Daddy, and I probably wouldn’t be too upset.

I'm sick to death of Bama, but watching that play never, ever, gets old. I was sooo sure that Tua had put them in too big a hole on the previous play; just like all the dwag fans no doubt. Yeah, I'd give Tua a pass for lot things he could do to me as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb