Tucker Nails It

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Taco Gratis, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Taco Gratis

Taco Gratis Often wrong, never in doubt.

Ratings:
    +2,168 / -35
    Absolutely nails it.

• stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $3,265
      Ratings:
      +9,212 / -1,010
      thank God he got rid of that fckn bow tie.

• URGatorBait

URGatorBait #TeamDubs
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $3,680
        Ratings:
        +13,793 / -264
        That's what you got from that?

• diehardg8r

diehardg8r Junior Member

Oxbucks:
          $1,214
          Ratings:
          +3,093 / -76
          Too deep for you wasn't it?

• GatorAlways

GatorAlways Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
            $310
            Ratings:
            +513 / -258
            Interesting commentary that has a lot of truth to it.

One thought - as our citizens evolve, they have become more educated and independent than ever before. Gone or the days of the 19th and 20th century where women didn’t go to school or were taught from a young age to marry young, get pregnant and submit to the man of the house.

Women now are children or grandchildren of other women who have experienced the struggles of trying to exist in a man’s world -they have had to fight gender discrimination and general indifference as they attempted to move on from being just teachers or nurses to members of the exclusive “ruling class”, as was mentioned here. They now see that being “barefoot and pregnant” isn’t all that they are destined to be and that they can be doctors, astronauts or investment bankers if they want to. They are empowered.

Additionally, we all saw the divorce rate reach 50% in this country. Men oftentimes left their wives for someone younger or hotter, leaving the woman to fend for themselves with the children. No wonder they are shying away when young.

I do think we should celebrate the institution of marriage, and promote its benefits.

• Concrete Helmet

Concrete Helmet Hook, Line, and Sinker
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $4,280
              Ratings:
              +8,573 / -430
              Thoughtful. I'm usually not a big fan but that really hits home. We the people are really just stuck choosing the lessor of 3 evils...

• GR8 2B

GR8 2B A Florida Gator
                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $2,677
                Ratings:
                +3,555 / -58
                My first thought, exactly.

• alcoholica

alcoholica Banned
                  BANNED

Oxbucks:
                  $3,801
                  Ratings:
                  +10,797 / -462
                  I think you are missing the point. Feminism isn't about equality, it's about supremacy. Once you understand that, Tucker's comments make much more sense. You should also take into consideration want women and men want. Men, by nature, seek mates. So it's no shock that they go after younger and presumably healthier women. It's hard wired into the DNA. I know, i know. But I'm evolved and would never cheat on my wife. Just because you restrain yourself doesn't meant you don't want to bend over that 20 year old coed.

Women are hard wired to seek safety, which also means security. So yes it makes sense that a woman would want to be with a man who makes more money. It doesn't mean that all women are like that, but it does make sense that this could be a cause. I've seen friends with women that make more money than them. They are happy, but there is a different dynamic at play. Usually it's a women who wants to be in control in an active capacity, not passive like the rest of women are in control.

What I find concerning about your comments is how sexist they are. Women aren't helpless, and haven't been for quite some time. Men don't just run off with younger women like that's the norm. Do you really think it's that easy for a middle aged guy to start pounding some young hot thing, that's not a normal situation. Why do you attack men cheating as the cause for divorce? Do you not think women cheat on their husbands? Trust me, it's way easier for a chick to get laid than a guy.

• GatorAlways

Oxbucks:
                    $310
                    Ratings:
                    +513 / -258
                    I get what you are saying, but long-standing cultural norms don’t just die overnight. For hundreds of years in this country women were often confined to wash dishes and have babies (or were branded as outcasts) and were taught that from birth by their parents and grandparents before them. Only in the past 40-50 years has that changed where women felt like they had a better chance, a more even playing field.

Also, the influences of parents and grandparents that had to claw up that corporate and societal ladder to get noticed - how many times have you heard a mom say to a daughter “I want to make sure you don’t get pregnant early and have better opportunities than I had”? Even “me too” is a symptom of this - women finally getting fed up with the power imbalance and wanting agency over their choices. Do some take it too far, yes, absolutely! But there is no denying that sexual harassment, especially of women, was more tolerated in the 70s, 80s and 90s. Men using their power to coerce sexual favors is nothing new.

You are right about women cheating - that happens as well, and far more often than in the past as women have grown more independent in their choices. But you also can’t deny that cheating was a realm largely occupied by men in the past half century because they had agency, and women had little.

As anything, there are a lot of factors at play here and this discussion is not intended to defend women. But I also think it’s naive to discount or ignore the larger cultural influences at play that have given rise to women being more independent and choosing to delay or avoid marriage and childbirth.

As I said before, I think his commentary has a lot of truth to it, but I thought this point worthy of further discussion. Thanks for the discussion

• AugustaGator

AugustaGator Junior Member
                      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                      $4,153
                      Ratings:
                      +6,481 / -179
                      I like the concept of the ketubah.

• GatorAlways

Oxbucks:
                      $310
                      Ratings:
                      +513 / -258
                      For those that want to know more:

Ketubah - Wikipedia

• Theologator

Theologator Enchanter

Oxbucks:
                      $3,853
                      Ratings:
                      +4,602 / -46
                      Happiness is not a goal. It is a fleeting, temporary byproduct of purpose & meaning.

For example, my goal in raising our kids is that they should be people of strong faith and character, have worthwhile, meaningful lives, strong marriages and raise their own children well. I get great happiness when I see that, but there are also times of pain and struggle with which I cannot intervene for happiness’ sake. They have to get through it for growth’s sake.

This is where I disagree with Tucker. (Ben Shapiro interviewed him on a Sunday Converation The Ben Shapiro Show by The Daily Wire on Apple Podcasts)

Tucker would restrain, say, driverless technology for the said of truckers. That may keep them “happy” for a time but at the cost of future development that we cannot yet see.

• AugustaGator

AugustaGator Junior Member
                        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                        $4,153
                        Ratings:
                        +6,481 / -179
                        I get what you are saying. If you view a goal as immediate and direct achievement, you are spot on.

Happiness is the indirect result of achieving other objectives and goals. Some thing you reflect upon at the end of the day. Some may call contentment.

• Theologator

Theologator Enchanter

Oxbucks:
                          $3,853
                          Ratings:
                          +4,602 / -46
                          Amen. There is a deep seated joy. I was thinking about having 3 of our 4 kids plus their wives and one boyfriend home for Christmas. They are each doing very well to extremely well, each has challenges, too. But contentment in all of it taken as a whole is great.

• alcoholica

alcoholica Banned
                            BANNED

Oxbucks:
                            $3,801
                            Ratings:
                            +10,797 / -462
                            To your point about change, during Ronald Reagan's reelection, he carried the State of California with 57.5% of the vote. That was 1984 and look at California now just 34 years later. Change happens quicker than you think. I don't know if you have some personal experiences that are stunting your views on this, but the role of women and their perception in society has changed greatly.

• GatorAlways

Oxbucks:
                            $310
                            Ratings:
                            +513 / -258
                            That is true, but you also know he was Governor of that state and he was a very popular president (average was 56% during his reelection year) up for reelection against one of the worst candidates in modern history.

Yes, the rate of change is accelerated, but there's a very entrenched inertia that has to be overcome.

• g8r.tom

g8r.tom Well-Known Member
                            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                            $1,744
                            Ratings:
                            +1,840 / -42
                            Spot on. And those that do not see it are willfully blind to it. Remember the press freaking when Trump said he was not a feminist?

• diehardg8r

diehardg8r Junior Member

Oxbucks:
                            $1,214
                            Ratings:
                            +3,093 / -76
                            Yes, he was the Gov of the state, and that in and of itself goes to the point. Clinton was also one of the worst candidates and won that state. Trumps platform isn't that different from Reagans, but not nearly as popular.

• g8r.tom

g8r.tom Well-Known Member
                              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                              $1,744
                              Ratings:
                              +1,840 / -42
                              The rate of change in cali is hapening in texas now too. Check the populations of cali now versus when ronnie was president. There was a reason he tried to secure the border in the 80s. It is still a problem today. Keep the gov't closed until Trump gets his way. I don't care how long it lasts.

• Ancient Reptile

Ancient Reptile Senior Member
                                Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
                                $3,542
                                Ratings:
                                +4,222 / -287
                                Best insight into American society since de Tocqueville.