Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

Donald Trump Ugh GIF by Election 2016

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
Not so much a cast of characters, but related...so many sit-coms from the 80's started going thru my head last night, and I got caught on 'The Facts of Life' and trying to remember character names. I recalled Jo and Blair, and how as a young boy I couldn't decide which I liked more. Then, I thought of....Tootsie, Tuti, Tootie....couldn't remember her name and it was aggravating me (not that it mattered at all about anything). And then I couldn't recall the fourth fat girl at all, nor the name of the head mistress. I couldn't recall if they were 'a boarding school' of sorts (more boarding that school), or an orphanage of sorts (then how is Blair so rich and snooty?). So many questions that mean nothing, and yet kept me up for HOURS with that damn theme song going in my head. Utter misery.
I think the other two were Natalie and Mrs. Garrett.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Good question. Casting is so damn important and can make or break a show. One of my favorite Sc-fi shows is The Expanse but I can barely stand the cast. Speaking of Sci-Fi, Serenity had a great cast.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
As a teen in the 90s I thought My So Called Life had a pretty decent cast for a kids/teen show, even with the first “token” character. At least it was relevant and real, unlike SbTB.

1669835261669.jpeg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Not so much a cast of characters, but related...so many sit-coms from the 80's started going thru my head last night, and I got caught on 'The Facts of Life' and trying to remember character names. I recalled Jo and Blair, and how as a young boy I couldn't decide which I liked more. Then, I thought of....Tootsie, Tuti, Tootie....couldn't remember her name and it was aggravating me (not that it mattered at all about anything). And then I couldn't recall the fourth fat girl at all, nor the name of the head mistress. I couldn't recall if they were 'a boarding school' of sorts (more boarding that school), or an orphanage of sorts (then how is Blair so rich and snooty?). So many questions that mean nothing, and yet kept me up for HOURS with that damn theme song going in my head. Utter misery.
You take the good
You take the bad
You take them both and there you have...

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Valerie Bertinelli from "One Day at a Time" was my object of infatuation... I was actually, permanently emotionally damaged when she hooked up with Eddie Van Halen...

one-day-at-a-time-og-today-main1-200506-02.jpg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Valerie Bertinelli from "One Day at a Time" was my object of infatuation... I was actually, permanently emotionally damaged when she hooked up with Eddie Van Halen...

one-day-at-a-time-og-today-main1-200506-02.jpg

She just got divorced and mentioned being emotionally devastated about some guy in upper Alabama being married.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.