Tuesday Favorites… comedian or comedic actor

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Who is /was your favorite comedian or comedic actor.

The landscape for comedy has changed a lot these days. Today I get most of my laughs from Biden or Harris, but that’s a different forum. I loved Robin Williams and Chevy Chase as a classic comedian though.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who is /was your favorite comedian or comedic actor.

The landscape for comedy has changed a lot these days. Today I get most of my laughs from Biden or Harris, but that’s a different forum. I loved Robin Williams and Chevy Chase as a classic comedian though.

Seinfeld…best show ever created and I’ve seen him live once and was crying laughing almost the entire show.

Wifey and I recently started getting into watching stand up shows and found some great specials. Nate Bargatze and Bill Burr are my favorites

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
These days-
Jim Gaffigan and Bill Burr.
Both are opposite ends of the spectrum but hilarious in their own way.

All time - Bill Murray and Robin Williams with a special nod to Phil Hartman

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Comedy has changed so much now. Movies especially. Most have to resort to over the top gags in hopes of getting a laugh. Guys like Murray & Chase could pull of simple things with a well timed facial expression. Take the most recent vacation for example. Ed Helms had to resort to poop, puke and all types of stuff in hopes of getting a laugh whereas Chase pulled it off with a few timed one liners and facial expressions. Robin Williams was something special as well. I remember watching the old comedy relief shows and he was insanely fantastic.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Seinfeld probably won’t come as much of a surprise here.

I agree with Gaffigan, especially if you’re a parent. Maniscalco is also really funny.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Agree with all the previous posts.

You have to add Eddie Murphy in his prime.

If you want another clean stand-up that is also excellent, check out Tim Hawkins. He usually plays in massive churches these days. I've seen him 3 times and he never disappoints.

Side note: notice there are no women being listed :grin:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Anyone that can be funny during improv gets a nod from me. It's difficult to come up with it on the fly. However most things said these days will ultimately offend someone.

Whose Line Is It Anyway was a funny show most of the time.

1665506416436.png

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Agree with all the previous posts.

You have to add Eddie Murphy in his prime.

If you want another clean stand-up that is also excellent, check out Tim Hawkins. He usually plays in massive churches these days. I've seen him 3 times and he never disappoints.

Side note: notice there are no women being listed :grin:
There are actually 3 female comedians I really like, but none of them would be my overall favorite.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Meanwhile, you’re frantically googling to try and remember their names. :lol:
:lol: actually, at the time that I posted, I could only remember Whitney Cummings and Nikki Glaser... the one i can't remember was in a movie with mark wahlberg (didn't see the movie), i think her last names has "schzsomething" in it, but she's not funny enough to google!

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
So many greats live, Kinison, Tim Allen, Dice, Foxworthy.

None held a candle to the live show I saw in Vegas with Rodney Dangerfield. I think I still am sore in my ribs from laughing, he told one-liners for 2+ hours.
Kinison was the best of the remaining!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

None held a candle to the live show I saw in Vegas with Rodney Dangerfield. I think I still am sore in my ribs from laughing, he told one-liners for 2+ hours.
And Kinison was discovered and helped along by Dangerfield (before Back to School).

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

This ^

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.