Tuesday Favorites… comedian or comedic actor

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Bill Burr
Dave Chappelle
Doug Stanhope till he drinks himself to death on stage. What's killing him is also what makes him so hilarious.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
There's some great names here and agree with most all of them.

I'm old enough to have seen what I'll describe as two eras:
1 - the halcyon days that included the greats like Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, Chevy Chase, Robin Williams, Don Rickles, George Carlin and Steven Wright plus TV actors like Archie Bunker and Redd Foxx.
2 - and also suffered through the worst era ever as comedians lost their ability to make fun of ANY damn thing and had to water their stuff down because of PC, woke & cancel culture (No names to list but almost all of SNL could be listed here). But I am also fortunate as many are rising up out of those ashes and are killing it now as they make fun of that era and the people that created it. They include Dave Chapelle, Bill Burr, Louis CK and Ron White

I agree that few women comedians exist that actually make me laugh out loud but I truly enjoyed Carol Burnett and Lucille Ball. I've also enjoyed some material by Whitney Cummings and Nikki Glaser but find Nikki to be uncouth. I also enjoy the awkward humor from Kristen Wiig.

And I'll check out Jim Gaffigan and Doug Stanhope.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seinfeld…best show ever created and I’ve seen him live once and was crying laughing almost the entire show.

Wifey and I recently started getting into watching stand up shows and found some great specials. Nate Bargatze and Bill Burr are my favorites
Wife took me to a Nate Bergatze show at the Straz in Tampa. He was hilarious.

Bill Burr is great.

The most underrated is Conan O Brien to me. Dude is consistently hilarious. Greatest talk show host ever IMO. Better than Carson.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who is /was your favorite comedian or comedic actor.

The landscape for comedy has changed a lot these days. Today I get most of my laughs from Biden or Harris, but that’s a different forum. I loved Robin Williams and Chevy Chase as a classic comedian though.
I love a lot of classic Chevy Chase. But I thought he was his best on Community. My God he’s hilarious on that show.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

Bill Burr is great.

The most underrated is Conan O Brien to me. Dude is consistently hilarious. Greatest talk show host ever IMO. Better than Carson.
I always loved Conan, especially his specials and commencement addresses, but he got a bit "tiresome" in the end.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

Bill Burr is great.

Conan combined a wicked sense of humor with a very involved method of interviewing guests. He really made them feel at home and was very engaged in what they were actually saying

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
There's some great names here and agree with most all of them.

I'm old enough to have seen what I'll describe as two eras:
1 - the halcyon days that included the greats like Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, Chevy Chase, Robin Williams, Don Rickles, George Carlin and Steven Wright plus TV actors like Archie Bunker and Redd Foxx.
2 - and also suffered through the worst era ever as comedians lost their ability to make fun of ANY damn thing and had to water their stuff down because of PC, woke & cancel culture (No names to list but almost all of SNL could be listed here). But I am also fortunate as many are rising up out of those ashes and are killing it now as they make fun of that era and the people that created it. They include Dave Chapelle, Bill Burr, Louis CK and Ron White

I agree that few women comedians exist that actually make me laugh out loud but I truly enjoyed Carol Burnett and Lucille Ball. I've also enjoyed some material by Whitney Cummings and Nikki Glaser but find Nikki to be uncouth. I also enjoy the awkward humor from Kristen Wiig.

And I'll check out Jim Gaffigan and Doug Stanhope.

One of my favorites

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

Bill Burr is great.

So I checked out Nate Bargatze and he is hilarious. It's something about his delivery, either like he's unsure of it or almost like even he hasn't heard the story yet and is also surprised by the details. At any rate, he's clean (i.e. no cursing) and simple which is nice but his timing makes it hilarious.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If any of you still go to comedy clubs, guys that still tour regularly that are funny AF: Chris Porter & Orny Adams. Both are great, angry delivery, hate everybody type comedy.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
I missed this Tuesday Favorites back in Oct. Jeff Allen is on the clean side of the stand-up spectrum, we don't have to chase the grandkids out of the room to watch him. Always has good material.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
One of, if not THE best, funniest comedians EVER was Jonathan Winters. And when coupled with Robin Williams, there were no equals when working together. Even the great Carol Burnett and Tim Conway, as hilarious as they were, couldn't match JW and RW...

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Recency bias is a thing, so I'll do a continuum going back to my youth.

Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, Robin Williams, Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Ricky Gervais, Kevin Hart.

Alex.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Recency bias is a thing, so I'll do a continuum going back to my youth.

Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, Robin Williams, Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Ricky Gervais, Kevin Hart.

Alex.

we listened to Pryor and Carlin - as well as Steve Martin back in the day.
couldn't listen to Pryor and Carlin with parents around though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator