Tuesday Favorites….Fish

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Anticipating intense disagreement and productive discussions on the matter, I request everyone to approach the conversation with respect towards each other's decisions.

What’s your favorite freshwater and saltwater fish and how do you like it prepared?

Go….

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Favorite to catch: Freshwater - Largemouth bass, saltwater - not really sure because there are several that I still want to catch but haven't yet.

Favorite to eat: Freshwater - Crappie, sauger, catfish, bluegill. Take your pic, they are all really good. Saltwater - Pompano most likely. I plan on taking the boys to Pensacola the weekend of the 21-23rd to try catching some Pompano off the beach...

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

great-moments-in-evolution.jpg

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
Agree with Nalt on Largemouth for freshwater fishing. For eating, catfish.

Saltwater - Dolphin for fishing although it's fun when the blues are running. For eating, that's tough, probably yellowfin or fried grouper.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Agree with Nalt on Largemouth for freshwater fishing. For eating, catfish.

Saltwater - Dolphin for fishing although it's fun when the blues are running. For eating, that's tough, probably yellowfin or fried grouper.
Catfish is very tasty but if I'm gonna eat it, it better be pond raised. I don't want to eat catfish from the public lakes/rivers... Although, thinking about that while typing, there are some catfish that I have eaten from the Tennessee river and would again. Those are caught below the Wilson dam over in the Florence, AL area. For some reason, the water over there is so much cleaner looking and the fish actually taste very good.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Fresh water: I love fresh trout. Pan-sauteed.

Salt water: I never tire of Grouper. Fried, grilled, sauteed, blackened, it's all good. Blackened redfish is another favorite.

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
Catfish is very tasty but if I'm gonna eat it, it better be pond raised. I don't want to eat catfish from the public lakes/rivers... Although, thinking about that while typing, there are some catfish that I have eaten from the Tennessee river and would again. Those are caught below the Wilson dam over in the Florence, AL area. For some reason, the water over there is so much cleaner looking and the fish actually taste very good.
I used to live in Bristol and caught some good catfish by Cherokee dam up near Jeff City. Long time ago, though.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
1AABD4D0-1672-4029-BA48-13B08910638F.jpeg

This is one of my top 5 photos with our kids. So much going on here. Lil CD in the back with a nice bream caught at the same time as Lil @Seedy with his very first fish! However Lil CD looked at the size of her fish compared to her brother’s fish and wasn’t as impressed. :lol:

Good times.

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
View attachment 56595

This is one of my top 5 photos with our kids. So much going on here. Lil CD in the back with a nice bream caught at the same time as Lil @Seedy with his very first fish! However Lil CD looked at the size of her fish compared to her brother’s fish and wasn’t as impressed. :lol:

Good times.
Great pic! ... but I FIFY'd it! Now err'body is happy!
Presentation1.jpg

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
Salmon. I could eat Salmon Sashimi with every meal. But I also like it smoked, grilled, baked, and whatever other form it comes in. (Except in the can. Why would anyone can Salmon?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.