Tuesday Favorites….Fish

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Freshwater, I’m going salmon, though they are technically anadromous. Close runner up for me is Rainbow Trout. I just eat a lot so I need like three of them.

Saltwater, I think a well prepared seabsss is tough to beat. Swordfish or red snapper would be my second. I eat tuna every day, but that’s canned so I’m not sure it counts.

But like Layla, I could eat salmon every night.

Anadromous salmon and rainbow trout???

Do you like any non-LGBTQIAXYZ123 fish?

Alex.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Back to the subject at hand. Pan seared trout for the fresh water pick. Oysters, fried, grilled, raw, stewed or smoked for the salt water fish. And if you make me pick a finned species, fried mullet.
Technically, oysters are not fish and thus ineligible for this conversation. They are damn tasty though; in all the ways you mentioned.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Fried catfish, cheese grits, and homemade biscuits with sugar cane syrup.

That's my last meal if I were on death row.

But alas, I get gout when I eat shrimp and now, other seafood. Caught some fresh flounder last year so good it was almost as good as sex with eeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvv's mom. It gave me gout so bad I seriously contemplated amputating my own foot and that is no exaggeration. I gave up all seafood, but not eeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvv's mom.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Being in KY we don't don't eat a lot of seafood other than what I bring back at Christmas from Tallahassee but it's frozen. There's also a seafood truck from AL that comes up occasionally. We eat plenty of grouper and snapper on trips but the kids don't truly understand the difference in fish. Our son works at a local seafood restaurant and they get employee meals before each shift but it's a limited menu. After the first few weeks Lil Seedy kept saying he was eating a blackened grouper sandwich every night and I was jealous but skeptical. Turns out it was catfish. :facepalm: :lol:

Tell me you live in KY without telling me you live in KY...

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Anadromous salmon and rainbow trout???

Do you like any non-LGBTQIAXYZ123 fish?

Alex.

Worse yet, now that we’ve branched out into other seafood, probably my favorite there is grilled calamari. And I’m pretty sure all squid are non-binary. This is a devastating turn of events for me.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Fried catfish, cheese grits, and homemade biscuits with sugar cane syrup.

That's my last meal if I were on death row.

But alas, I get gout when I eat shrimp and now, other seafood. Caught some fresh flounder last year so good it was almost as good as sex with eeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvv's mom. It gave me gout so bad I seriously contemplated amputating my own foot and that is no exaggeration. I gave up all seafood, but not eeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvv's mom.

So in that first scenario, after dinner you’d almost be rooting against a stay of execution.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Technically, oysters are not fish and thus ineligible for this conversation. They are damn tasty though; in all the ways you mentioned.
I let is slide... when I first saw it, I almost went "full mollusk" on him, but then decided "it's fish" and "he's Air Force" and moved on...

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I let is slide... when I first saw it, I almost went "full mollusk" on him, but then decided "it's fish" and "he's Air Force" and moved on...
I was gonna not respond but, shellFISH is a fish for culinary purposes. Dat's why I had a "finned fish" selection. Sometimes American English is hard for those that fight at 0.001 mach. Just sayin'.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I was gonna not respond but, shellFISH is a fish for culinary purposes. Dat's why I had a "finned fish" selection. Sometimes American English is hard for those that fight at 0.001 mach. Just sayin'.
Ha ha! Jokes on you! I can fight THREE times faster than that!

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Fresh water: salmon.

Salt water: grouper is hands-down #1, no matter how you cook it. Red snapper and fresh mahi are also really good (it's mahi season now and already caught a few that have made for some delicious fish tacos).

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Catching would be bass for freshwater and tarpon for salt.
Eating would be not much from freshwater. Grouper and tuna would be neck and neck for salt.
@LaylaGator , salmon sucks out loud. Just sayin.
I’ve tried to like salmon because it looks so good and it’s good for you, but other than smoked, I just can’t stomach it.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018

I feel duty-bound to post this, especially given the general seafood theme...

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fresh water: salmon.

Salt water: grouper is hands-down #1, no matter how you cook it. Red snapper and fresh mahi are also really good (it's mahi season now and already caught a few that have made for some delicious fish tacos).
I’m fully on board with you where the mahi and fish tacos are concerned, Rev (you too @grengadgy ). There used to be a place at Mexico Beach that served a mahi sandwich (before fish tacos came about), fried, grilled or blackened, that was very good. Mahi at that time, about 30 years ago on the Gulf Coast, was considered good eatin’ but was more of suitable and less costly alternative to grouper and snapper. First had fish tacos with mahi 10-12 years back and have been hooked (pun intended) ever since. Grouper may be King to many, but mahi can certainly claim the title of Prince as far as I’m concerned.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
This past weekend I took the boys down to Pensacola to fish from the beach. We got there on Saturday morning and put our lines in the water. Fished for hours without a bite. We took a break in the afternoon then went back and fished again from about 5:30 until dark. When we went back and got the lines in the water both boys went into the ocean to enjoy the water. I sat there watching the poles for the next 2+ hours with no action at all. As it started getting dark I had the boys get out of the water so they could start drying off as I reeled in the lines and get ready to leave. While working to get the first pole reeled in and ready to leave the rod furthest from me took a hard bow towards the water. Abel, the 18 y/o, took off and grabbed it and reeled in a nice Pompano. The only fish we caught all day. That was ok though. I've caught Pomps before and this was his first chance. Fun weekend all around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.