Tuesday Favorites… food or thing no longer made

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Never heard of this but I'm hopeful that it isn't available any longer. Probably originated up in Tenrsea...

Popcorn.JPG

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a little early here, but incandescent bulbs are going to be illegal next year.

They already adopted this asinine rating system where they just relabel a 72W bulb as "100W equivalent*"

*Not equivalent at all, just complete bullshít

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I miss the chicken wings at Ashley’s Pub in Butler Plaza. They were the best I have ever had by far. The place has been closed for well over a decade now but I still miss it.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Twinkies
Jolt Cola ("All the sugar and twice the caffeine")

:britney:

I've known you for over 25 years and had no idea you liked twinkies and jolt cola. Who are you?
The things you learn on a message board. :facepalm:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I miss the chicken wings at Ashley’s Pub in Butler Plaza. They were the best I have ever had by far. The place has been closed for well over a decade now but I still miss it.

Porpoise had great giant wings, but my favorite wing place was further East (past 13th, North side of University Ave) and I can't think of the name. My roommates used to wait tables there. Big, juicy wings, not breaded, redolent of butter, and good, solid wing sauce. When we went back to Gainesville for homecoming, we'd grab a table there early, nurse our hangovers with some pitchers, and kill an enormous amount of wings while watching the parade go by through their bay window.

I think the restaurant had a girl's name but I'm totally drawing a blank.

Getting old sucks.

Alex.

Edit: Farrah’s on the Avenue. Magnificent wings.

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Porpoise had great giant wings, but my favorite wing place was further East (past 13th, North side of University Ave) and I can't think of the name. My roommates used to wait tables there. Big, juicy wings, not breaded, redolent of butter, and good, solid wing sauce. When we went back to Gainesville for homecoming, we'd grab a table there early, nurse our hangovers with some pitchers, and kill an enormous amount of wings while watching the parade go by through their bay window.

I think the restaurant had a girl's name but I'm totally drawing a blank.

Getting old sucks.

Alex.

Edit: Farrah’s on the Avenue. Magnificent wings.
Farrah's on the Avenue. Wednesday night was $4.95 for 10 wings and a pitcher of beer

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.