Tuesday Favorites… food or thing no longer made

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
What’s your favorite item that is no longer made?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
  • McDonald's fries using animal fat in friers (same with their hot apple/cherry pies or any other associated similar product)
  • Dunkin' Donuts peanut encrusted donut (punish people with allergies... NOT ME!!!)
  • It's early, that's all I got for now, I'm sure I'll be back...

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Two places made my favorite toasted subs. One was Lums. The other was Pizza Hut. Lums is out of business and Pizza Hut doesn't do subs anymore.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
I miss the original Michelob. It's the beer I snuck the most of when walking fresh bottles over to my Dad, so to me, it's what beer should taste like.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I miss the original Michelob. It's the beer I snuck the most of when walking fresh bottles over to my Dad, so to me, it's what beer should taste like.

My dad had a separate beer fridge in our laundry room with a keg in it and tap built into the side. It was almost always Michelob. Definitely a dad’s beer and I agree that it’s solid.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great beginnings to a trip down memory lane. @ThreatMatrix mentioned Lum’s and I recall their hotdogs were steamed in beer. Don’t remember tasting the beer, probably because of all the ketchup and mustard, but it made me feel kinda grownup.

One restaurant I really miss was the Brown Derby. That was always a favorite and I recall going to the one in Gainesville a time or two. I miss Skeeter’s, too. Wish I’d have dined there sober at a decent hour more than I did.

And Sonny’s was way better when Sonny himself owned them!

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Maybe they still make the stretch armstrong but it sure was fun. My friend cut open her step-brother's and it was so cool!

1660083576269.png

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Foods:

Taco Bell’s chili cheese burrito.

Airline food. Wait. Hear me out. Yes, it sucked, but you used to get a MEAL. Now you might get a postage-stamp size bag of pretzels. It’s relative.

RIP Skeeters. Asher Special.

Monte Cristo at Bennigans.

Krystal’s once in a blue moon. I understand some stores remain open, but I haven’t had a Krystal in years.

Alex.

Last edited:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Things:

Gas cans that work.

Washers/Dryers that work, last, and are easy to repair.

Models. Toy departments used to have huge sections of model kits. Now you have to order them.

Toy guns without a ridiculous blaze orange muzzle.

Alex.

Last edited:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Miller Genuine Draft (may still be out there, but hard to find)
Schlitz (see above)

Creme Savers.

Munch Ems.

Gator Gum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member