Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
iu

Alex.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
IMO, it would probably be Mike Tyson. In his prime and when Gus D. was training him I doubt anyone could have beaten him.

Agree. In his prime with Gus, he was a scary man.

Even at 50+, I would not be scared to throw hands with anyone, young or old, with the exception of Tyson in his prime, or even now. Francis Ngannou to me is not as scary at Mike Tyson. Wouldn't throw hands with Francis either. He is pretty damn scary too.

That is not to suggest I would win or even last 30 seconds with a pro fighter, but Mike Tyson was a scary SOB and i wouldn't square off with him for anything less than $25 mil.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Yeah, for crying on the sidelines after the University of Florida went to the plains and kicked their ass!

#GatorBait

:chomp:
Even though Bo Jackson was a Barner, I have tons of respect for him and his athletic abilities. IMO, his only failure was picking to play at the Barn and not Bama. Let's not make fun of GREAT players crying after a loss. I was a huge Tebow fan and when the tv cameras kept panning back to this it made me cringe.

y7pOp8.gif

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Even though Bo Jackson was a Barner, I have tons of respect for him and his athletic abilities. IMO, his only failure was picking to play at the Barn and not Bama. Let's not make fun of GREAT players crying after a loss. I was a huge Tebow fan and when the tv cameras kept panning back to this it made me cringe.

y7pOp8.gif

Honestly, I wasn't making fun of Bo for crying. I was just pointing out that he got beat by Florida AND cried. Warriors take it to heart and both Timmy and Bo were warriors. No shame in them crying.

But as for Bo, I was then and am still a fan of his. He was phenomenal in any sport he chose to include hunting.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

y7pOp8.gif

But everybody cries...
1676903649540.png

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
But everybody cries...
View attachment 54981
Of course everyone cries at some point and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I didn't like that the tv cameras, along with Verne and Gary, kept going back to Tebow when Bama beat the Gators that year. I felt they were trying to belittle him as a man rather than empathize with him for having lost. Cause you know, everyone loses at some point too...

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I ain't sayin he is and I ain't sayin he ain't but this guy did say it...

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
1676945314337.png

No one holds more Olympic medals than Michael Phelps. And his record will not likely ever be broken either. Total of 28 medals, 23 which are gold. The 2nd place person has a total of 18 medals....and she is retired as are most in the upper list so no chance of anyone near the top putting on a run to catch the greatest swimmer of all time. 23 gold is an astounding number. Participated in 5 different Olympics over a span of 16 years. To be able to compete with other 'world's top tier' athletes after your 3rd(or 12 years) is remarkable. To do it, and win 5 Gold/1 Silver in your 16th and final year of competition is something we will never see again. By the time you reach a 3rd Olympics, you would generally be considered 'the old man/woman' of your sport. the 4th or 5th and you're the grandfather of the sport. To do so and dominate on your 5th Olympics is defying the limits of athletics.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
A couple of things:

First: Bo Jackson pulled himself out of games when he knew he wasn't going to get his yardage. I have no respect for him.

Second: Emmitt Smith cried like a baby his Jr year when we found a way to lose, again, to Auburn. Nothing wrong with it.

GOAT 1: He dances too.

Game Show GIF by Deal Or No Deal

GOAT 2: He's was a pretty good UF football player too.
Steve spurrier pointing GIF by Florida Gators

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
View attachment 55000

No one holds more Olympic medals than Michael Phelps. And his record will not likely ever be broken either. Total of 28 medals, 23 which are gold. The 2nd place person has a total of 18 medals....and she is retired as are most in the upper list so no chance of anyone near the top putting on a run to catch the greatest swimmer of all time. 23 gold is an astounding number. Participated in 5 different Olympics over a span of 16 years. To be able to compete with other 'world's top tier' athletes after your 3rd(or 12 years) is remarkable. To do it, and win 5 Gold/1 Silver in your 16th and final year of competition is something we will never see again. By the time you reach a 3rd Olympics, you would generally be considered 'the old man/woman' of your sport. the 4th or 5th and you're the grandfather of the sport. To do so and dominate on your 5th Olympics is defying the limits of athletics.
To add to his accomplishments, Michael competed in his first Olympics games in 2000 but DID NOT win any medals. He was 15 y/o at the time.

But I don't agree that his records will never be broken. I think that it is definitely possible. He is/was a freak of nature as an athlete but those come along every so often. Look at Usain Bolt... After years of USA domination in sprinting, he broke the 100m, 200m, and 4X100m world records and made it look easy even though he wasn't as fast off the starting line as other runners. His records will eventually be broken IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.