Tuesday Favorites… Pranks or practical jokes

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
As teenagers a lot of people would TP or egg a house. Fortunately I’ve never had to clean up anything like it before. Now that there are video cameras everywhere kids probably don’t do that as much.

What’s the best prank or practical joke you’ve heard about or done?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Every 10 years or so, Ocala does a fundraiser where the artists paint these full size horses. No clue where the money goes, but a business or even private person can bid on them. They go for MANY thousands of dollars. Here is a random example of one:

Ocala-Horses-1.jpg

Anywho, our business bought one. I am the last one in the building one late afternoon and I hear a knock at the rear sliding doors. The artist is dropping off the horse. On the picture above, it is attached to concrete slab. Well the artist delivers it on the slab but there are wheels attached to move it around. I cant leave this thing outside on rollers, so I push it into the building. Then I think to myself, "nobody knows this is here". So I decide to put into someone's office. It wouldnt fit as it is a full size horse. So I unbolt it from the slab and carefully slide it into the office, then reattach it to the slab so there was no way to get it out of the office. It took like 2 hours.

Holy shiit was that coworker pissed. So worth it.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
In high school, my canopy of oak trees got TPed so well, you couldn't see the street from the front door. Lol

We pranked one another back then all the time, but I'm struggling to remember 30 years later.

One good one was to post signs all around a neighborhood for a garage/estate sale starting at 6 a.m. and giving the specific address of your target. Strangers be knocking on their door all morning.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Every 10 years or so, Ocala does a fundraiser where the artists paint these full size horses. No clue where the money goes, but a business or even private person can bid on them. They go for MANY thousands of dollars. Here is a random example of one:

Ocala-Horses-1.jpg

Anywho, our business bought one. I am the last one in the building one late afternoon and I hear a knock at the rear sliding doors. The artist is dropping off the horse. On the picture above, it is attached to concrete slab. Well the artist delivers it on the slab but there are wheels attached to move it around. I cant leave this thing outside on rollers, so I push it into the building. Then I think to myself, "nobody knows this is here". So I decide to put into someone's office. It wouldnt fit as it is a full size horse. So I unbolt it from the slab and carefully slide it into the office, then reattach it to the slab so there was no way to get it out of the office. It took like 2 hours.

Holy shiit was that coworker pissed. So worth it.
That’s hilarious! :bwahaha:

Not only is Ocala trying to steal Lexington’s slogan of “Horse Capitol of the World” but you are also stealing our painted horses too? We have them all around town. Copycats.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
One time when we were TPing another girl's house, the cat kept meowing at us in a constant way that we thought was blowing our cover of darkness. So we mummified the cat with TP, wrapped it from head to tail and tethered it to the front porch post. We left its mouth uncovered, so it was not in danger, and it kept meowing. That one still cracks me up to this day, and I still know the family.

Seedy

Totally not CDGator
Oct 17, 2020
Alright, so picture a mid-90's computer monitor...a big CRT one (20" or so). I came in early one day to work (I worked with my brother at the time). I took a screenshot of my brother's background, including the icons, and I flipped it 180-degrees using MSPAINT. I then made that new inverted image his background and slid all of the real icons off of his screen. If you're tracking, the background is all that's been changed..

I removed the base from the monitor, flipped the monitor upside down and rested it back on the base. Now, the background appears "normal," but the monitor is fully inverted. I also took his nick-nacks and placed them on top of the upside-down monitor.

Brother arrives to work and attempts to use computer, only when he moves the mouse up, it goes down...and vice versa. He thinks the mouse is broken. I had to tell him the monitor was upside down.

BeachGator

Mar 10, 2018
Every Halloween , a bunch of us guys would pick out a neighbor who had given us grief during the year. We would fill a small paper bag with dog shyt, light the bag with a match, ring the doorbell, then run like hell. Not too far that we were not able to see them stomp the bag and get their shoes covered in shyt.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Seedy has a large family and every 5 years or so we would go to the beach. The last gathering was 50 of us as we’ve grown in numbers. One niece had been laying on her beach towel and decided to go to the house to grab a drink. Crazy cousin Blake jumped up and dug a big hole under her beach blanket and then laid down under it. We all tried to act normal but waited in anticipation as she came back and laid down on the towel. When she did Blake grabs her from underneath scaring the crap out of her. We have it on video too but I’m not sure how to download it from FB.

(Before she came back there was a towel over his face.)

67094C43-C019-4CEC-9958-A192EE9D35B8.jpeg

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A few months ago, we hid a tiny electronic cricket noise maker in our neighbor’s house (who are dear friends). They bitched about that damn cricket in their house for months. We were over there on Sunday and they said the cricket finally died. I walked over and pulled the device off the bookshelf.

I fear the payback for that one.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Seedy’s brother invited his then girlfriend, now wife, to her first Thanksgiving with the family. He told her it was formal so she dressed up. He picked her up in jeans and everyone ate off paper plates as usual. Why she married him, I’ll never know.

During one of our White Elephant gift exchanges at Christmas I opened up some random gift and included were a few lottery tickets. I scratched off one for $10,000 just to be told later that it was fake. Womp womp.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There’s a train that runs through downtown WP that sometimes stops at a depot in North Palm and slows down way in advance, leaving people sitting for an eternity watching a train pass at 2 mph. Anyway one happy hour evening, me and like six brokers from my office were leaving Morton’s to meet up at another bar across town and got stopped by this train. A few friends had gone south and were taking Okeechobee Blvd west. I had gone north and was taking Clematis St. west, like 3/4 mile up the tracks. Anyway, my friends called and realized I was sitting at the same crossing north of them. So they talk one of the guys into hopping onto the train and riding it down to our street and then hopping in with us. People out, rows and rows of cars to witness it, so he’d be legend. They convince him. Problem is, for starters, he’s pretty tipsy. It’s also a lot easier to get onto something moving than it is to jump down from it on a granite embankment. So he immediately regretted it and started panicking about his descent. But the really bad part was that this was just a really long train and wasn’t pulling into the depot north of town. It was actually pulling out. So by the time he got to us, it was going even slightly faster than initially. But he couldn’t just stay on and take the train to Jacksonville or wherever and it was only going to get worse, so he eventually jumped near us. Tumbling down the granite, in a full suit(now ripped) and bleeding from various places, all in front of probably a couple hundred people sitting and watching. No one ever owned that part about it possibly increasing in speed, but it was assumed around the office they did.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
There’s a train that runs through downtown WP that sometimes stops at a depot in North Palm and slows down way in advance, leaving people sitting for an eternity watching a train pass at 2 mph. Anyway one happy hour evening, me and like six brokers from my office were leaving Morton’s to meet up at another bar across town and got stopped by this train. A few friends had gone south and were taking Okeechobee Blvd west. I had gone north and was taking Clematis St. west, like 3/4 mile up the tracks. Anyway, my friends called and realized I was sitting at the same crossing north of them. So they talk one of the guys into hopping onto the train and riding it down to our street and then hopping in with us. People out, rows and rows of cars to witness it, so he’d be legend. They convince him. Problem is, for starters, he’s pretty tipsy. It’s also a lot easier to get onto something moving than it is to jump down from it on a granite embankment. So he immediately regretted it and started panicking about his descent. But the really bad part was that this was just a really long train and wasn’t pulling into the depot north of town. It was actually pulling out. So by the time he got to us, it was going even slightly faster than initially. But he couldn’t just stay on and take the train to Jacksonville or wherever and it was only going to get worse, so he eventually jumped near us. Tumbling down the granite, in a full suit(now ripped) and bleeding from various places, all in front of probably a couple hundred people sitting and watching. No one ever owned that part about it possibly increasing in speed, but it was assumed around the office they did.
Yikes!

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Seedy has a large family and every 5 years or so we would go to the beach. The last gathering was 50 of us as we’ve grown in numbers. One niece had been laying on her beach towel and decided to go to the house to grab a drink. Crazy cousin Blake jumped up and dug a big hole under her beach blanket and then laid down under it. We all tried to act normal but waited in anticipation as she came back and laid down on the towel. When she did Blake grabs her from underneath scaring the crap out of her. We have it on video too but I’m not sure how to download it from FB.

(Before she came back there was a towel over his face.)

View attachment 49008

So, uhh…yeah, uh…maybe if in the future Crazy cousin Blake is never left alone with any young female relatives maybe that would be better for everybody.

Just sayin’

That story sounds like it was taken from Ashley Biden’s diary.

Alex.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
So, uhh…yeah, uh…maybe if in the future Crazy cousin Blake is never left alone with any young female relatives maybe that would be better for everybody.

Just sayin’

That story sounds like it was taken from Ashley Biden’s diary.

Alex.
Not really but mkay.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
The best (worst) prank ever pulled on me was a "friend" of mine sent me a package via USPS in one of their boxes. The "friend" had taken a blue Sharpie and written all over the box something about "Alabama's biggest Gator fan" or some garbage like that... I'm a very patient man so I hope that "friend" knows that payback is coming. But not until it is least expected... :whistle:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The best (worst) prank ever pulled on me was a "friend" of mine sent me a package via USPS in one of their boxes. The "friend" had taken a blue Sharpie and written all over the box something about "Alabama's biggest Gator fan" or some garbage like that... I'm a very patient man so I hope that "friend" knows that payback is coming. But not until it is least expected... :whistle:

"Alabama's Biggest Gator Fan" or "Smartest Man in Alabama" same-same.

Alex.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

Arrested Development No GIF

Iirc, you started it by sending that "friend" a package first marked with Bama logos on the outside.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A fired disgruntled employee just sent us a indiscreet box of chocolate that looked like a giant turd with a note that said “eat my shiit”.

I thought it was pretty damn funny.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Arrested Development No GIF

Iirc, you started it by sending that "friend" a package first marked with Bama logos on the outside.
Uh, nope. I only sent my "friend" some pens that I turned in the last 2 or 3 years. This "friend" sent ME a package several years ago now. So you, I mean she started it... :kick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.