Tuesday Favorites… Pranks or practical jokes

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Uh, nope. I only sent my "friend" some pens that I turned in the last 2 or 3 years. This "friend" sent ME a package several years ago now. So you, I mean she started it... :kick:
You can drop the façade. We all know that "friend" is code word for "sister" and there is a LOT more to this story...

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Always been a fan and perpetrator of Sophomoric humor. Years ago when I was in undergrad, I had a 1:00 class that was full of immature and obnoxious ex-jocks/wannabe’s, etc. One in particular was insufferable. There would always be a few of us, including Mr. Insufferable, who got to class early. It was a non-stop insult/brag-a-rama.

This one day, I’d had enough listening to this guy’s BS, so I exited to the mens room for a “constitutional.” While there, I found I had a Sharpie in my pocket. Thus, I was obligated to besmirch the obnoxious classmate. “Tim McPherson Gives Good Head” in permanent ink on the wall in the stall provided momentary retribution and a chuckle.

When I got back to class, McPherson was still ripping, but he quickly left the class, presumably to get a last drink of water before the professor arrived. A few moments later, McPherson came storming back into class, red-faced and yelling that somebody wrote “Tim McPherson Gives Good Head” in the stall in the mens room! He was all postured up as if to start kicking a$$. The first reply he got was from one of the track guys…”I don’t know, Tim. It wasn’t that good!” The class erupted. And as for Tim…

1664021614972.gif
From then on, Tim was a changed man and much easier to get along with. And none were ever the wiser.

Last edited:

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Alright, so picture a mid-90's computer monitor...a big CRT one (20" or so). I came in early one day to work (I worked with my brother at the time). I took a screenshot of my brother's background, including the icons, and I flipped it 180-degrees using MSPAINT. I then made that new inverted image his background and slid all of the real icons off of his screen. If you're tracking, the background is all that's been changed..

I removed the base from the monitor, flipped the monitor upside down and rested it back on the base. Now, the background appears "normal," but the monitor is fully inverted. I also took his nick-nacks and placed them on top of the upside-down monitor.

Brother arrives to work and attempts to use computer, only when he moves the mouse up, it goes down...and vice versa. He thinks the mouse is broken. I had to tell him the monitor was upside down.
Way too much work. But funny.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
How about one that went really wrong. Squadron Officers School is a leadership/management course for Lieutenants and young Captains. It is a TDY assignment for 12 weeks (or was) at Maxwell Field. Sort of a college campus atmosphere for officers really close to college age. Air University is commanded by a 3 star and the CC traditionally welcomes each class with the obligatory "let's have coffee" line. Well, three Captains in one class tried to make it happen by taking the battery out of the commanders car one night and leaving a "hostage" note with a place to have coffee to get the battery back. Unfortunately, the commander's driver got there, couldn't start the car and called the gendarmes. It was an easy case to solve since the three were at the O'Club waiting for the General with his battery. All three got sent home without finishing the course with a strongly worded letter to their home commanders about juvenile behavior.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Most of my stuff is pretty simple.

One of my best friends in high school was dating a girl that had a kid when she was in middle school. Growing up in small town GA in the 90's most moms did not want that for their sons. It drove his mom crazy, but the girl was really cool and quickly became part of our group. Knowing how much his mom hated it one fathers day we had a bunch of fathers day cards and baby gifts delivered to his house. The look on his moms face the next time we saw her was priceless.

Roomed in college with guys from my high school. The first year it was me and two of my best friends at the time (only one still in touch with). One of those apartments were we were constantly ragging each other. You had to have thick skin to live with us because if you walked in with a smile you would be greeted by "why the F are you so happy". Sophomore year one roommate transferred and another guy from high school moved out of the dorms to live with us. We terrorized him. The best one was that he had a new girlfriend and was so excited after their big date. They come back and open his door to see his room wallpapered from top to bottom with muscle men magazine pictures. Though he was going to kill us.

One of my greatest pranks is still in play and the wife is the target. We are coming up on our 12th wedding anniversary. Around year 5 of marriage I thought it would be funny that every times she yawned I would stick my finger in her mouth really quick. The more she hated it the more I did it. Did this for about a year and then just stopped. It has been almost six years and she still can't yawn around me without covering her face beacuse she is terrified of letting her guard down. I just let her know I'm biding my time or that when one of us are on our death beds I'll do it again for old times sake.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Seedy HATES mushrooms and I mean HATES them. I knew it but I didn’t know just how much. We had just torn down our house because of snakes in the attic(that’s another story) and moved in with the neighbors. We had a 9 month old baby and I just found out we were pregnant again (oops, that’s another story) and I was the general contractor building our new house (that’s another story). Needless to say that life was crazy.

It was dinner time and I made some sort of boxed hamburger helper mix and added a can of mushrooms knowing that seedy wouldn’t eat them. He could pick them out, no big deal. Nope, he could still taste the mushrooms and that’s how the fight began. The conclusion is that if I ever want Seedy to leave me, cook again with mushrooms and he’s out.

A few days after the mushroom fight Seedy’s parents gave us an anniversary card. Turns out we were too busy fighting over mushrooms to realize that it was even our anniversary. :headslap:

Last edited:

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Seedy HATES mushrooms and I mean HATES them. I knew it but I didn’t know just how much. We had just torn down our house because of snakes in the attic(that’s another story) and moved in with the neighbors. We had a 9 month old baby and I just found out we were pregnant again (oops, that’s another story) and I was the general contractor building our new house (that’s another story). Needless to say that life was crazy.

It was dinner time and I made some sort of boxed hamburger helper mix and added a can of mushrooms knowing that seedy wouldn’t eat them. He could pick them, no big deal. Nope, he could still taste the mushrooms and that’s how the fight began. The conclusion is that if I ever want Seedy to leave me, cook again with mushrooms and he’s out.

A few days after the mushroom fight Seedy’s parents gave us an anniversary card. Turns out we were too busy fighting over mushrooms to realize that it was even our anniversary. :headslap:
Tell Seedy that when a woman is carrying your child and building your house and she makes dinner for you, you eat it and you thank her. End of story. Just sayin'.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014

It was dinner time and I made some sort of boxed hamburger helper mix and added a can of mushrooms knowing that seedy wouldn’t eat them. He could pick them, no big deal. Nope, he could still taste the mushrooms and that’s how the fight began. The conclusion is that if I ever want Seedy to leave me, cook again with mushrooms and he’s out.

In his defense I’m the same way with onions. They can’t touch my food or it’s tainted

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Tell Seedy that when a woman is carrying your child and building your house and she makes dinner for you, you eat it and you thank her. End of story. Just sayin'.

Ouch, when you break it down like that you make him sound like Archie Bunker. :lol:
As difficult as those days were, they were actually good memories. I don't want to do them over again but they were good times.
Seedy was working his butt off and we questioned our sanity. Were we even going to be able to pay for the house? The bank in 2005 was going to give us a blank check for whatever we wanted but the reality was, what could we actually afford?

Last edited:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I got a text this weekend that jogged my memory regarding another one.

About 10 years ago, I big group of us decided to go sailing throughout the Virgin Islands. Two of the people are full-fledged captains, so we can rent our own boats and do our own thing. So the 16 of us rented 2 catamarans. On Day 3, we are both anchored off of Jost and we had a big dinner planned on the other boat. As these trips tend to do, there is incredible amount of alcohol being consumed. During the festivities of the evening, it is realized that the next morning would be the longest sail of the trip of roughly 6 hours (I think to Virgin Gorda but not certain). So of course, a bet is made as to who gets there first. But you couldnt pull up anchor until 7 am.

So during the evening when I had brief moment, I decide to completely dissemble their coffee maker while nobody was looking and hide the piece on my boat. I didnt tell a soul. I knew it would be an early morning with a long sail.

The next morning, extremely tired and hung over, activity picks up on both boats as the sun is rising. We will both be leaving at exactly 7am. Now our boats are anchored as close to each other as safely possible. Right at 6:59, as we were preparing to take off, the women on the other boat come out screaming that they cant make coffee. I reached down and held up all the pieces of their coffee maker as we were both starting to move. The people on my boat nearly fell over laughing as they had no clue I did that.

We ended up crushing them to our destination by about an hour. They were PISSED by the time they got there. And I mean really, really mad. Ten years later, they are still a little bent whenever it comes up.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
@bradgator2 - between the chirping cricket and coffee maker, you are truly ruthless. I’m surprised you have any friends left. :lol:

You’ve been relegated to a message board with virtual friends.

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I got a text this weekend that jogged my memory regarding another one.

About 10 years ago, I big group of us decided to go sailing throughout the Virgin Islands. Two of the people are full-fledged captains, so we can rent our own boats and do our own thing. So the 16 of us rented 2 catamarans. On Day 3, we are both anchored off of Jost and we had a big dinner planned on the other boat. As these trips tend to do, there is incredible amount of alcohol being consumed. During the festivities of the evening, it is realized that the next morning would be the longest sail of the trip of roughly 6 hours (I think to Virgin Gorda but not certain). So of course, a bet is made as to who gets there first. But you couldnt pull up anchor until 7 am.

So during the evening when I had brief moment, I decide to completely dissemble their coffee maker while nobody was looking and hide the piece on my boat. I didnt tell a soul. I knew it would be an early morning with a long sail.

The next morning, extremely tired and hung over, activity picks up on both boats as the sun is rising. We will both be leaving at exactly 7am. Now our boats are anchored as close to each other as safely possible. Right at 6:59, as we were preparing to take off, the women on the other boat come out screaming that they cant make coffee. I reached down and held up all the pieces of their coffee maker as we were both starting to move. The people on my boat nearly fell over laughing as they had no clue I did that.

We ended up crushing them to our destination by about an hour. They were PISSED by the time they got there. And I mean really, really mad. Ten years later, they are still a little bent whenever it comes up.
That's some Ford vs Ferrari schit there my friend... well played!

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Brad's wife wonders why friends never invite them over anymore....

Brad:

Good Luck Charlie Idk GIF

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Brad's wife wonders why friends never invite them over anymore....

Brad:

Good Luck Charlie Idk GIF

Usually when my wife walks into my work they say something like, “omg, I feel so bad for you.” My wife always responds with a generic, “Yall have to spend more time with him than me!”

Tonight, my daughter’s boyfriend came over for dinner. I had to take the trash out afterwards. His car…. is just there…. unguarded. I checked and it unlocked! I only had a split second to think. So I stuck a full sized Halloween skeleton from the yard in his backseat. Which he eventually saw behind him a few miles down the road :lmao2:

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
FWIW, mushrooms are disgusting. IMO, they would drive a maggot away from a gut wagon...:barfaway: I'm with Seedy on that...
My second son is the same way. So when I grill steaks for him I always smother it in mushrooms. One extra steak for lunch the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.