Tuesday Favorites… Pranks or practical jokes

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Many years ago we were having a staff Christmas party. About 14 of us from my little school. The principal was gonna be late because the Supt. was having a principal's meeting for the district principals. We loved messing with Rick (our principal) because he was such a nice straight laced guy. Now this was not a party party but just laid back friends having snacks and talking. Edith (the third grade teacher) said lets mess with Rick at his meeting. She said she knew Joann R (the Supt.) and would call and tell her to remind Rick to stop at the ABC and bring some liquor to the party. She actually did it. It was the maddest I ever saw him when he finally got there. Edith was the funniest white woman I ever met. Georgia girl. I told her she was a female Lewis Grizzard. And she was hot.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
every times she yawned I would stick my finger in her mouth really quick. The more she hated it the more I did it. Did this for about a year and then just stopped.

We’ve been married 20y. I did this while we dated, and for probably the first 5-8y, then dropped it. May be time to start up again.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
In college, 4 of us shared an apt, the other 3 all worked at Publix together. Two were gator fans like me, the 4th was a Michigan fan* but doing history undergrad at UF, and was a general all around Jackass.

One year, Michigan plays F$U in a bowl game. I believe Michigan got their asses kicked, but that might be wishful thinking (early 90s). Regardless of the bowl outcome, the other two toon mates loaded up on F$U sticky notes, and after mr. Michigan went to bed we covered every inch of his car, inside and out. Downside was he had the super early shift the next morning, so we didn’t get to see his reaction.

We asked him later that day, and he shrugged it off. He said he went thru the car wash, and plucked off the inside ones while he rode thru. We were disappointed.

A few weeks later he gets rear ended. Car safety feature cuts the fuel when the bumper is hit. The reset was in the trunk. That’s when he discovered all the F$U stickies awaiting him there.

———-

*this guy was writing history papers for assignments. My best friend (one of the room mates) and I asked to read a few of them. The English skills on display for spelling, punctuation, context, and syntax was abysmal. My third grade kid could do better. And this jackass not only passed UFs elite courses, but is now out there teaching others. Smdh

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
We’ve been married 20y. I did this while we dated, and for probably the first 5-8y, then dropped it. May be time to start up again.
Trust me when I say this….don’t do it.

You’re welcome. What was once cute and spontaneous is not after 20 years.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Trust me when I say this….don’t do it.

You’re welcome. What was once cute and spontaneous is not after 20 years.

giphy.gif

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Back in the early 1990's a friend of mine had really caught the Florida Lotto bug. He would spend $20 a week on the Saturday night Lotto drawing, always opting to let the store to do a "quick pick" selection for the numbers. One time he had come close with 5 numbers and was convinced that one day he would hit the big one. He would leave the tickets in his car over the sun visor, telling me that this somehow brought him some luck. Sunday morning he would grab the newspaper, take the tickets into the house, and over a cup of coffee would check the tickets. One Saturday night after the numbers had been shown on TV I went to the store and purchased a ticket for the following week using the numbers that were shown on the tv. Then, early Sunday morning drove by his house and replaced on of the tickets which I saw was a loser with the newly purchased ticket. At around 10am that morning the guy shows up at my house, looking as if he had seen a ghost! Barely able to talk, sweating profusely, he managed to show me the newspaper, winning numbers circled in red and handed me the bogus ticket. The winnings that week were projected to be around $15 million, and the poor guy was convinced that he was now on easy street. So now I was in a real dilemma. Do I keep my mouth shut, knowing that the next morning he will show up at the Tallahassee Lottery Headquarters building and make a fool of himself, or do I fess up and tell him I played a prank on him? Neither. We san down in my kitchen, had a cup of coffee, and I looked studiously at the ticket. "Wait, I finally said!" " Something isn't right here. This ticket isn't dated to yesterday's drawing. It's for next week. I think one of your buddies just pulled a prank on you, old buddy" I could just feel his heart sink! He just sat there staring at the ticket. Finally he says,"Well, I'll be a S.O.B!!"

Attachments

• Lotto winner.png
    Lotto winner.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 3

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Back in the early 1990's a friend of mine had really caught the Florida Lotto bug. He would spend $20 a week on the Saturday night Lotto drawing, always opting to let the store to do a "quick pick" selection for the numbers. One time he had come close with 5 numbers and was convinced that one day he would hit the big one. He would leave the tickets in his car over the sun visor, telling me that this somehow brought him some luck. Sunday morning he would grab the newspaper, take the tickets into the house, and over a cup of coffee would check the tickets. One Saturday night after the numbers had been shown on TV I went to the store and purchased a ticket for the following week using the numbers that were shown on the tv. Then, early Sunday morning drove by his house and replaced on of the tickets which I saw was a loser with the newly purchased ticket. At around 10am that morning the guy shows up at my house, looking as if he had seen a ghost! Barely able to talk, sweating profusely, he managed to show me the newspaper, winning numbers circled in red and handed me the bogus ticket. The winnings that week were projected to be around $15 million, and the poor guy was convinced that he was now on easy street. So now I was in a real dilemma. Do I keep my mouth shut, knowing that the next morning he will show up at the Tallahassee Lottery Headquarters building and make a fool of himself, or do I fess up and tell him I played a prank on him? Neither. We san down in my kitchen, had a cup of coffee, and I looked studiously at the ticket. "Wait, I finally said!" " Something isn't right here. This ticket isn't dated to yesterday's drawing. It's for next week. I think one of your buddies just pulled a prank on you, old buddy" I could just feel his heart sink! He just sat there staring at the ticket. Finally he says,"Well, I'll be a S.O.B!!"
Ouch!

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Time to take it up a notch. When she gets started yawning, go dip your finger in something that is non-toxic but has a horrible, lingering taste. Stick that finger in her mouth and wipe the substance inside of it...

Oh, and report back on how that goes for you...

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
A few months ago, we hid a tiny electronic cricket noise maker in our neighbor’s house (who are dear friends). They bitched about that damn cricket in their house for months. We were over there on Sunday and they said the cricket finally died. I walked over and pulled the device off the bookshelf.

I fear the payback for that one.

This glass looks like something @bradgator2 would give his neighbors at Christmas

7279A3E7-51F0-4E37-A8D2-C1F5B06C9143.jpeg

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This glass looks like something @bradgator2 would give his neighbors at Christmas

View attachment 49503
#facts

What's funny is my youngest daughter is an exact replica of me. Lately, she been getting really into cycling. And she was gearing up when I got home yesterday. This was the conversation:

Me: Be careful out there.
Her: I'm only going to the trailhead and back (6 miles)
Me: Too warm today?
Her: No, I'm on my period.
Me: Um, ok. I'm not certain what that has to do with anything.
Her: I'm cramping. Arent you glad you asked?
Me: Not particularly.
Her: Well I didnt offer it, but you asked.
Me: :ugh:
Her: You are not supporting my emotional well being right now
Me: Bye

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
#facts

What's funny is my youngest daughter is an exact replica of me. Lately, she been getting really into cycling. And she was gearing up when I got home yesterday. This was the conversation:

Me: Be careful out there.
Her: I'm only going to the trailhead and back (6 miles)
Me: Too warm today?
Her: No, I'm on my period.
Me: Um, ok. I'm not certain what that has to do with anything.
Her: I'm cramping. Arent you glad you asked?
Me: Not particularly.
Her: Well I didnt offer it, but you asked.
Me: :ugh:
Her: You are not supporting my emotional well being right now
Me: Bye
Sounds exactly like something you would say :stickpoke:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I'm not sure this is a joke or not but...Perhaps CD or Seedy can verify it's authenticity. Either that or if my family and I survive our vacation to the Bluegrass state next week then maybe I can report back about it...

KENTUCKY CAUTION:
In regards to all the people wanting to move here from New York and California as well as many other heavily populated cities across the country, and for those just wanting to come to visit:
Before you come to Kentucky you must be aware and understand what exactly is happening here. Especially around the rural and all of middle Kentucky! There's a housing shortage, rent has tripled, and folks are vacationing here in record numbers...
So, if you plan on moving here, or just plan on vacationing in our river bottoms, hill country, mountains or lakes this summer, I think you should know that wolf spiders, fire ants and bedbugs have infested hotels and motels across the area due to dryer than usual weather. The woods will eat you alive with ticks and chiggers.
Our lakes are full of gators, fresh water sharks, and creepy old guys wearing speedos.
Our rivers are full of drunks in tubes peeing themselves while the banjo players lay waiting in the bushes.
Kentucky panthers have eaten many domesticated animals and possibly some small children.
The local bear and coyote population are all 'in heat' and think your wife/girlfriend is hot.
Snakes... don’t even get me started on the water headed copper moccasins here, and the Diamond Back Rattler Cobras.
The poison ivy has overtaken all other vegetation.
We have had bear sightings at every park and town and they are after your picnic baskets….and some cougars have been spotted in motel rooms and bars.
Watch out for the jackalopes, they have been extremely aggressive this season.
We have silverback gorillas invading our parks and it’s their mating season. Porcupines are "stabbing" small children should they dare to utilize the local playground equipment.
Skunks have made their way over and multiplied at unprecedented rates and wander the local campgrounds in packs looking for beer.
Murder hornets!?! We’ve got great black clouds of murder hornets, and swarms of giant crickets and even some Oklahoma grasshoppers.
Scorpions have now migrated here and have been congregating in massive quantities under rocks, logs, wooden steps, automobiles, and tarantulas are now stealing peoples food and biting like crazy.
I’m pretty sure all private tiger owners (we had a jump in them after Tiger King debuted on Netflix) have released their cats into the streets of our cities and towns.
Head lice now fly and we have vampire bats.
Oh, and no one is vaccinated.
I hear Idaho and Louisiana are really nice though.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I'm not sure this is a joke or not but...Perhaps CD or Seedy can verify it's authenticity. Either that or if my family and I survive our vacation to the Bluegrass state next week then maybe I can report back about it...

KENTUCKY CAUTION:
In regards to all the people wanting to move here from New York and California as well as many other heavily populated cities across the country, and for those just wanting to come to visit:
Before you come to Kentucky you must be aware and understand what exactly is happening here. Especially around the rural and all of middle Kentucky! There's a housing shortage, rent has tripled, and folks are vacationing here in record numbers...
So, if you plan on moving here, or just plan on vacationing in our river bottoms, hill country, mountains or lakes this summer, I think you should know that wolf spiders, fire ants and bedbugs have infested hotels and motels across the area due to dryer than usual weather. The woods will eat you alive with ticks and chiggers.
Our lakes are full of gators, fresh water sharks, and creepy old guys wearing speedos.
Our rivers are full of drunks in tubes peeing themselves while the banjo players lay waiting in the bushes.
Kentucky panthers have eaten many domesticated animals and possibly some small children.
The local bear and coyote population are all 'in heat' and think your wife/girlfriend is hot.
Snakes... don’t even get me started on the water headed copper moccasins here, and the Diamond Back Rattler Cobras.
The poison ivy has overtaken all other vegetation.
We have had bear sightings at every park and town and they are after your picnic baskets….and some cougars have been spotted in motel rooms and bars.
Watch out for the jackalopes, they have been extremely aggressive this season.
We have silverback gorillas invading our parks and it’s their mating season. Porcupines are "stabbing" small children should they dare to utilize the local playground equipment.
Skunks have made their way over and multiplied at unprecedented rates and wander the local campgrounds in packs looking for beer.
Murder hornets!?! We’ve got great black clouds of murder hornets, and swarms of giant crickets and even some Oklahoma grasshoppers.
Scorpions have now migrated here and have been congregating in massive quantities under rocks, logs, wooden steps, automobiles, and tarantulas are now stealing peoples food and biting like crazy.
I’m pretty sure all private tiger owners (we had a jump in them after Tiger King debuted on Netflix) have released their cats into the streets of our cities and towns.
Head lice now fly and we have vampire bats.
Oh, and no one is vaccinated.
I hear Idaho and Louisiana are really nice though.

Who vacations in KY??
I’ve read that same joke with FL, SC and Texas in the text.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Mayfield, KY (Wooldridge Monuments). Then to Bowling Green (Corvette museum), Hodgenville (Abraham Lincoln Birthplace National Historic site), Louisville (Louisville Slugger museum and the grave of Colonel Harland Sanders), Frankfort (Grave of Daniel Boone), Lexington (Mary Todd Lincoln museum), Corbin (KFC museum) then back home.

We will be leaving on Monday after Abel gets his infusion. Plan is to get home either Friday or most likely Saturday.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Mayfield, KY (Wooldridge Monuments). Then to Bowling Green (Corvette museum), Hodgenville (Abraham Lincoln Birthplace National Historic site), Louisville (Louisville Slugger museum and the grave of Colonel Harland Sanders), Frankfort (Grave of Daniel Boone), Lexington (Mary Todd Lincoln museum), Corbin (KFC museum) then back home.

We will be leaving on Monday after Abel gets his infusion. Plan is to get home either Friday or most likely Saturday.

Like I said, nobody vacations in KY! :lol:
Let me know when you do end up in Lexington and maybe we can meet for lunch or dinner.

Just outside of Louisville is Claudia Sanders historic restaurant. It's a buffet with southern style home cooking that you might consider for lunch or supper. I've only been once but it's historic. American Restaurant Shelbyville, KY | American Restaurant Near Me | Claudia Sanders Dinner House

When you get off I-64, take Old Frankfort Pike (1681) in Versailles to see some of the famous Thoroughbred farms. Gorgeous country roads. Wallace Station is another good(old) restaurant on the way into Lexington. You could take a less direct route into downtown Lexington from Old Frankfort Pike onto Pisgah Pike to end up next to the Kentucky Castle and onto US 60. Then drive through the beautiful Keeneland Racetrack. Races are going on this month and it's $7 to get in (used to be much cheaper). Gates open at 11 and first race is at 1pm. I'd highly recommend trying to catch the races in Keeneland. It's an amazing experience even if you aren't a racing fan. At least drive through the grounds.

Let me know what day you will be in Lexington. Hope to see y'all. I'm sure K has it all planned out. You just go where you are towed. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator