Tuesday Favorites… Pranks or practical jokes

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
Y'all got the Derby! I'd vacation in Kentucky for that.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Y'all got the Derby! I'd vacation in Kentucky for that.
Derby is worth visiting once. Lots of pomp and circumstance if you are lucky enough to be in the boxes. Huge party on the infield.

I’ll take Keeneland any day over Churchill.

Last edited:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Interesting links, thanks. I sent them to Mrs. Nalt so she will be checking them out. As for Keeneland, it might be interesting to do a walk-through/drive-through but I'm not really into horse racing, I don't drink or smoke and don't like losing my money... I know, I'm boring...:facepalm:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
BIL owns part of a horse that almost qualified for the big breeders cup race in November. Darn! He’s got parking passes on the hill to tailgate. It’s a big affair like football games but with lots more bourbon. If the weather cooperates then you can’t ask for a better environment.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Interesting links, thanks. I sent them to Mrs. Nalt so she will be checking them out. As for Keeneland, it might be interesting to do a walk-through/drive-through but I'm not really into horse racing, I don't drink or smoke and don't like losing my money... I know, I'm boring...:facepalm:

You can drive through Keeneland for free

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If we’re still going, not sure if this qualifies as a practical joke or not, and is definitely a little more ruthless. Had kind of a @bradgator2 feel to it. But here goes.

2005-ish, I am in a really crowded bar on a Friday night in the upper east side of New York. Like four of us in our group. I’m facing the bar but turned a little to my left as I am the guy on the far end. This tool bag squeezes in to my right to speak to a girl sitting next to me. There wasn’t room and it was uncomfortable, but we were celebrating a PE presentation that had gone well and I let it go. After 15 or 20 minutes, he leaves. Maybe an hour later, we decided to leave to go to the upper West side. I spin around to the bar pick up what I believe is my black Razor phone, put it in my coat pocket and we leave. As we’re getting out of the cab 30 minutes later I feel the phone vibrating, pick it up and just get f-bombed out of the gate about “why do you have my ******* phone”. I realize the mistake, apologize and try to explain politely that he’d left it at a bar and I have the same phone. Honest mistake and way better than most scenarios that could’ve come of it. Guy just continues to yell as if it’s my fault he left his phone. I finally hang up. He calls back and demands that I get it back to on him. I say sure, where would you like to meet? He again f-bombs and says “you’ll bring it back to me”. I explain that this isn’t happening as I just got to the west side and offer a meet in the middle idea which he rejects with more profanity. I finally break the news to this idiot that he’s playing a hand that he doesn’t actually have. I explained that I have his phone, not the other way around, he has no idea who I am or even what I look like, and I’m two seconds away from tossing it into a trashcan. He continues and continues being a complete jackass, not owning at all his role on this. After many attempts ti help, I eventually tell him roughly where I’ll be and hang up. An hour later he calls back and I’m hopeful he’s being civil about the matter. Nope. He’s approaching that block and demands I meet him outside the bar I said I would be at. As he’s finishing, he takes one last unwarranted jab at me and says something that just set me off. I decided then that to turn it off, toss it in the bar’s bathroom trash and spend the next hour with me and my friends watching this nut job freak out, going in and out, being a complete spaz. Anyway, that’s what’s we did. It was a lot of fun.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
If we’re still going, not sure if this qualifies as a practical joke or not, and is definitely a little more ruthless. Had kind of a @bradgator2 feel to it. But here goes.

2005-ish, I am in a really crowded bar on a Friday night in the upper east side of New York. Like four of us in our group. I’m facing the bar but turned a little to my left as I am the guy on the far end. This tool bag squeezes in to my right to speak to a girl sitting next to me. There wasn’t room and it was uncomfortable, but we were celebrating a PE presentation that had gone well and I let it go. After 15 or 20 minutes, he leaves. Maybe an hour later, we decided to leave to go to the upper West side. I spin around to the bar pick up what I believe is my black Razor phone, put it in my coat pocket and we leave. As we’re getting out of the cab 30 minutes later I feel the phone vibrating, pick it up and just get f-bombed out of the gate about “why do you have my ******* phone”. I realize the mistake, apologize and try to explain politely that he’d left it at a bar and I have the same phone. Honest mistake and way better than most scenarios that could’ve come of it. Guy just continues to yell as if it’s my fault he left his phone. I finally hang up. He calls back and demands that I get it back to on him. I say sure, where would you like to meet? He again f-bombs and says “you’ll bring it back to me”. I explain that this isn’t happening as I just got to the west side and offer a meet in the middle idea which he rejects with more profanity. I finally break the news to this idiot that he’s playing a hand that he doesn’t actually have. I explained that I have his phone, not the other way around, he has no idea who I am or even what I look like, and I’m two seconds away from tossing it into a trashcan. He continues and continues being a complete jackass, not owning at all his role on this. After many attempts ti help, I eventually tell him roughly where I’ll be and hang up. An hour later he calls back and I’m hopeful he’s being civil about the matter. Nope. He’s approaching that block and demands I meet him outside the bar I said I would be at. As he’s finishing, he takes one last unwarranted jab at me and says something that just set me off. I decided then that to turn it off, toss it in the bar’s bathroom trash and spend the next hour with me and my friends watching this nut job freak out, going in and out, being a complete spaz. Anyway, that’s what’s we did. It was a lot of fun.
You sure it wasn't Slev? Sure sounds like it coulda been.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.