Tuesday Favorites….Singing Duo

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
that's the thing about Buffett... I've seen him in concert three times, had the majority of his albums and most of the great stuff he's recorded don't or didn't get played at all on the radio. Mainly because it was hard to classify his music back in the day.
Country Music pretty much disowned him, Pop stations only really played the tired, worn out stuff.
But the vast majority of his 70's and 80's music is fantastic.
He also recorded the songs of John Prine, Steve Goodman, Jeffy Jeff Walker, etc... so he put out some great records back in the day.

He also did an excellent album of duos ... I'll dig some of those up, mainly for you and @soflagator to enjoy.

Yep. Felt he dropped off after Banana Wind. Then he became the guy that charged $40 for a t-shirt. Used to love going to his concerts in the summer in lawn seating, but he eventually started just coming to arenas and it killed the fun.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Buffett did an album called 'License to Chill' ... mainly duets. This is with Nanci Griffith.
It has to be one of prettiest tunes he ever did...

Very pretty - I’ve never heard it before but the duet on that album with Martina McBride, Trip Around the Sun, is one of my favorites.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I like a lot of the posts... And now, for something completely different...

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I like a lot of the posts... And now, for something completely different...
@CDGator
@Gatordiddy

We vacationed in the Keys every year and it was all I heard. The older crowd, still clinging to their rebellious side by growing their hair just a touch longer in the back, wearing Ron Jon shirts, jean shorts and croakies(exclusively, like they owned no other clothing) and playing Margaritaville and the two you guys mentioned on loop just became so tiresome. Now I get to see a similarly embarrassing display 7 times a year at the end of the 3rd quarter. Anyway, to be fair, like many other things, I probably didn’t give it much of a fair shot outside of those experiences.
Don't back down now, man.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
For those who haven't tried it check out "Live from Daryl's House"! Duets with Daryl Hall and Smokey Robinson to KT Tunstill; there's even a little Walsh and Dusty. Maybe not the best duets but it looks like a good time!

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
For those who haven't tried it check out "Live from Daryl's House"! Duets with Daryl Hall and Smokey Robinson to KT Tunstill; there's even a little Walsh and Dusty. Maybe not the best duets but it looks like a good time!

…that Daryl guy can still bring it, vocally

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Has anyone mentioned the Bellamy Brothers? If not, WHY? They still put on a good concert but they are getting on up in years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator