Tuesday Favorites…mattress and pillows

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Are you particular about your pillow or mattress density or material filling?

Do you take your pillow with you when you travel?

Last edited:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have a favorite pillow but I don't take it with me when I travel. It's a modern, high density, pillow but not a large one, more flat and not overly large. More support rather than soft.

I have a air mattress and I like it much. Used a water mattress for years but that's out-dated now.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Anyone use a sleep number or adjustable mattress? Worth it?

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Anyone use a sleep number or adjustable mattress? Worth it?
We have slept on a Sleep Number for 18 years. It has been very comfortable and durable. We are going to replace it with a King size SN bed in the new year. I don't think all the positioning frames are worth it, but the mattress definitely lets you design the firmness.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
We use a sleep number bed and I love it. Mrs. Nalt purchased a pillow from them when we bought the bed but she doesn't use it, I do. The bed is very comfortable but it does take a few nights of adjusting it in order to find "your number" for maximum comfort. That is what Mrs. Nalt has never done. She sleeps either on the sofa in the den now or sitting in the floor in front of a space heater...:crazy:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not particular about pillows nor a mattress so long as it isn’t too hard. But I did want to add that I got a chuckle when I saw how the threads were lined up…

E084E9B2-8883-42EA-A42C-D6EDBC29B137.jpeg

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I prefer feather pillows to any of the others such as foam, etc.
I never took my own pillow when traveling. It seemed silly to me but now that I am older I may change my mind

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I like memory foam pillows and travel with it when I can. I'd love to try a sleep number bed. Soft, not firm.

Last edited:

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
I'm a side sleeper, and I need a pillow that's super firm so as to keep my neck aligned with my spine. Anything less will set off horrible neck and shoulder pain that can last for days. So, I do take my pillow with me on vacation. But if I'm just in a hotel for a night or two, I can usually make do by stacking their pillows up on top of each other.

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
We have had a sleep number for 5years, I will never go to a regular mattress again. My wife feels the same way and I swear she could sleep on a bed of nails.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
I love my waterbed and quilted topper. When used with down pillows, nothing Mike Lindell sells can replace it

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My old Water Bed had some real benefits when you wanted to get Frisky.......... Never found anything to compare! wink, wink....

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I'm a side sleeper, and I need a pillow that's super firm so as to keep my neck aligned with my spine. Anything less will set off horrible neck and shoulder pain that can last for days. So, I do take my pillow with me on vacation. But if I'm just in a hotel for a night or two, I can usually make do by stacking their pillows up on top of each other.
Same... I'll take mine if I'm driving somewhere like Gainesville for a weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator