Tuesday Favorites....2022 Feel Good Story

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
A guy at work was complaining about our employer provided health insurance. He claimed that he couldn't afford the treatment that his son needs and that he was going to have to look for another job. He put in some applications and did a couple of interviews. All the while, our IT manager and the Program Manager were working on trying to get him hired by one of the sub-contract companies so they could keep him on the contract. He is a really smart kid and picks up on things quickly. His salary with our company was ~$70K. One of the interviews yielded a job offer paying $95K so our company countered with an offer to bump his pay up to $90K. He decided to stay on the contract since the difference was only $5K. Then the other interview came up with an offer of $115K. Last week was his last for working with us. Seems like a pretty good "feel good" story even if it is just for him and his family...

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Damar Hamlin's GoFund Me Toy drive from 2020 was hoping to raise $2500. As of today it's now at $6.6 million

As I embark on my journey to the NFL, I will never forget where I come from and I am committed to using my platform to positively impact the community that raised me. I created The Chasing M's Foundation as a vehicle that will allow me to deliver that impact, and the first program is the 2020 Community Toy Drive.

This campaign gives you the opportunity to contribute to our first initiative and positively impact children who have been hardest hit by the pandemic. 100% of the funds raised will go toward the purchase of toys for kids in need. The time to act is now, as we will be distributing toys on December 22nd from 3:30 to 5:30 PM from Kelly and Nina's Daycare Center at 800 Russellwood Ave., McKees Rocks, PA 15136.

If you are not able to contribute monetarily, you can support this initiative in other ways. We are accepting donated toys at the Daycare Center or simply spread the word by sharing this fundraiser on your social channels.

Thank you so much for supporting me on and off the field. I am grateful to have the opportunity to work with you to help make the holiday season a little brighter for the kids in our community.

Damar Hamlin
The Chasing M's Foundation

Seedy

Totally not CDGator
Oct 17, 2020
Self validation and feeling more marketable than in years past.

I was potentially hired by 3 different new employers. Had to drop from one interview process (after interview #3), was hired by one (which I left), then I moved to my new job.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Great year family wise personally (watching kids continue to develop as young adults). Got my last two Afghan families out of Afghanistan. Numerous Ukrainian families taken care of (the 2 wives with kids here, several other families in Poland and now back in Ukraine).

So it was a good year "families" wise... I'm happy. F everything else, doesn't really matter anyway.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Self validation and feeling more marketable than in years past.

I was potentially hired by 3 different new employers. Had to drop from one interview process (after interview #3), was hired by one (which I left), then I moved to my new job.
Interested in exploring ONE more job opportunity? The contract that I'm on had as many as seven Cyber employees up until about six weeks ago. They have started dropping like flies and we are currently down to only four (only two of which has >1 year experience) and the most senior of those four has turned in his resignation. Remote work is not an option due to the nature of our business. You would definitely be the captain of the ship and have full command of the processes...

animated-fishing-image-0057.gif

Seedy

Totally not CDGator
Oct 17, 2020
Interested in exploring ONE more job opportunity? The contract that I'm on had as many as seven Cyber employees up until about six weeks ago. They have started dropping like flies and we are currently down to only four (only two of which has >1 year experience) and the most senior of those four has turned in his resignation. Remote work is not an option due to the nature of our business. You would definitely be the captain of the ship and have full command of the processes...

animated-fishing-image-0057.gif
I'm flattered, but at this point, I'm pretty ok with my spot.

...at least until my non-compete expires, in July.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Your mom felt pretty good in 2022.

(aww, c'mon, somebody had to do it)

Alex.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
My feel good story comes in the form of a twitter post I bumped into tonight. This one should hold me for awhile. If you don't feel good after this---you can't feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.