Tuesday Favorites.... Christmas Movies

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
Christmas Vacation. The whole family gets together every Christmas Eve to watch it. And when Santa shimmies his fat ass down the chimney, he’s going to find the jolliest bunch of azzholes this side of the nuthouse.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A Christmas Story is our family favorite, even as it has been played continuously around Christmas for the last several years. I first saw it back in the early ‘80’s when we got Showtime. We all roared and still do even though we know all the lines by heart. Ralphie’s school days (minus the snow) were very similar to mine. Nowadays, my kids compare me to the dad, especially the bit about profanity being my true medium and how I work with it like other artists work in oils.

I never got a Red Ryder for Christmas, but when I was 10 my granddaddy swapped one of his pals for a Crossman pellet rifle (CO2 powered) and gave it to me around Christmas. I got to take it squirrel hunting and bagged one with a head shot. I joined the fraternity that day and haven’t looked back, so I know how Ralphie felt. Lot of close-to-life memories along with a lot of laughs.

I guess Silent Night Deadly Night would be a close second.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Mine is Christmas Vacation and the wife’s is a Christmas Story. We watch Christmas Vacation Thanksgiving night to kick off the season and Christmas Story on Christmas Eve before the kids go to bed.

Also get a lot of Home Alone with my oldest.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
anyone ever seen Mixed Nuts? Streaming on the Roku channel for free. Nothing like seeing Liev Schreiber as a tranny for Christmas

c2b1fd2f32b80fc07cd78062470ba3b1.jpg

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We have a series, and added one this year:

- Monday: Die Hard
- Tuesday: The Christmas Chronicle (horrible - will never watch again)
- Wednesday: A Christmas Story

Finished the week off with a Christmas Eve double-feature:
- Elf
- Scrooged

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The wife and I have the Christmas Story playing from when TBS starts it at 8pm on Christmas Eve til 8pm on Christmas on at least one TV in the house (something she used to do with her sisters). Then Christmas night it's Bad Santa. Christmas Vacation is played through out the month of December.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.