Tuesday Favorites...Dinner with a stranger

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Who you would you pick, living or dead, to be your dinner companion for an evening?
(Although a living person would be much more enjoyable than a dead person, pretend to you could bring them back for a night)

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Well, I already have dinner with Jesus every day so I would choose to bring back Robert E. Lee. I want to know what the greatest general in American history was thinking at Gettysburg.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I’d say - (if I could go back in time when they weren’t dead) - it would be between my grandfather on my Dad’s side or C.S. Lewis.

I’d tell my grandfather not to be such an incredible dick to his family

Or - I’d let Mr. Lewis know that his concept of the Morality armada ain’t working out for us very well these days.

276AA81B-CDAF-4952-99C5-4B03356692D8.jpeg

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Ronnie James Dio, just to tell him he f'n rocks!!

beevus-butthead.gif

In all seriousness. I'm not sure I could pick.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’d like to apologize for all the bad things I’ve done to this person over the years.

Cindy Crawford in her prime.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’d have supper with my grandparents. They pretty much raised me and loved me. I wouldn’t be where I am today without them.

Of the living, I’ve got five or so good friends that get together two or three times a year. Menu’s always the same…chicken wings (Buffalo and Garlic Parmesan), fries, veggies, cold beer. After a few hugs and compulsory insults, we’ll talk about family and kids, eat, drink beer, then relive the glory days. Some of the gang are dead, some of us probably should be. We start at 6:00, finish 8:00-8:30. It’s always great and never gets old. Only difference is we’re home in time to bath, take medicines, and watch “Gunsmoke” on INSP before turning in.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Either my dads father that died a decade before I was born or a friend that left us way to early in life. So many things to share with him

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Mark Twain or my brother. Or my dad's brother I never met. Or my grandmother's brother I never met. So many choices.......

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’d like to apologize for all the bad things I’ve done to this person over the years.

Cindy Crawford in her prime.
Nonsense. Holding up that poster with one hand for hours should be considered quite the compliment.

(Your post, all of it, was about Cindy Crawford, wasn’t it?)

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Either of my grandmothers, I lost both of them within six weeks of each other in early 1999. There isn't a day that goes by I don't think about one or both of them.

Living, top three in no order would be Steve Spurrier, Grady Judd, and Elizabeth Hurley.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My old answer used to be my Father, Osama Bin Laden, and Jesus Christ.

I’d tell my Father I loved him, I’d kill Osama Bin Laden, and I’d ask Jesus to forgive me.

Since we already got Osama, I need a new answer.

Assuming I’d be able to effectively communicate with this person, maybe somebody from an ancient civilization we don’t know much about like the Minoans, the Stonehenge builders, or Gobekli Tepi.

Alex.

Last edited:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
My old answer used to be my Father, Osama Bin Laden, and Jesus Christ.

I’d tell my Father I loved him, I’d kill Osama Bin Ladan, and I’d ask Jesus to forgive me.

Since we already got Obama, I need a new answer.

Assuming I’d be able to effectively communicate with this person, maybe somebody from an ancient civilization we don’t know much about like the Minoans, the Stonehenge builders, or Gobekli Tepi.

Alex.
Very profound but I’m assuming Obama was just a Freudian slip.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
My grandfather, who died when I was 5. When I was older and started learning more about him, I found out he was a China Marine in pre-WWII Shanghai, fought in 3 of the bloodiest battles in the Pacific (Tarawa, The first attack against Japanese held soil in WWII….Saipan and Tinian, where the Enola Gay eventually started her historic mission from, and Iwo Jima). He received Purple Hearts for Saipan and Iwo. He later retired as a 1 Star General. I would love to ask him all the things he felt and remembered about those days, and how he went from living the high life in Shanghai in the early 30’s to being in a World War against a ruthless enemy 10 years later. The biggest challenge would be that the vets of those battles rarely shared their experiences as they were so horrific. My Mom said he never talked about them with her..

Last edited:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I love these answers but I’m concerned that most you all don’t know what a STRANGER is with your sentimental replies. :shakehead:

Last edited:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I love these answers but I’m concerned that most you all don’t what a STRANGER is with your sentimental replies. :shakehead:
Fine then! Instead of a nice dinner with Mom I'll change my answer to some "strange" couple that live near Lexington, KY. :stickpoke: I actually had dinner with them once and it went ok but we were at a place way back in the woods underneath the interstate overpass which was kind of creepy. But hey, they seemed nice... :dunno:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Fine then! Instead of a nice dinner with Mom I'll change my answer to some "strange" couple that live near Lexington, KY. :stickpoke: I actually had dinner with them once and it went ok but we were at a place way back in the woods underneath the interstate overpass which was kind of creepy. But hey, they seemed nice... :dunno:

1674657301209.png

Shame on you for putting your family in harms way. Besides, you survived. :tongue:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb