Tuesday Favorites...Dinner with a stranger

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I love these answers but I’m concerned that most you all don’t what a STRANGER is with your sentimental replies. :shakehead:
Gotcha (but we are a sentimental lot). The non-living stranger I’d dine with would be the Duke! Got a lot to talk about and I know he enjoyed a good steak!

The living stranger would probably be Ron DeSantis.

*I actually got to sit at the table and visit with Danny Wuerffel at a FCA dinner several years back. It was very enjoyable and he shared a lot of stories from his days at UF. I got a couple of autographed photos from him that were pretty neat.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think I'd start with this guy:

7f9028824362bb5c1273fee0ac236116--stay-wild-atheist.jpg

If he wasn't available Ayn Rand or Thomas Sowell.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
There are a lot of great historians to choose from, living or dead, that could answer many questions. However I will go for the entertainment value of Mike Rowe. He seems like someone that would be easy to get along with and have a meal and drink together. He would have a million stories or could relate to anyone on just about any subject. A Hollywood star that's not pretentious.

1674658509318.png

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I think I'd start with this guy:

7f9028824362bb5c1273fee0ac236116--stay-wild-atheist.jpg

If he wasn't available Ayn Rand or Thomas Sowell.
My favorite author growing up. Read all his "juvenile" books in the 4th and 5th grade (Space Cadet, Podkayne of Mars, Have Spacesuit, will Travel, Citizen of the Galaxy, etc.). Gave me the idea to be an engineer. Then Revolt in 2100, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, the future history short stories and Starship Trooper in junior high. Trooper maybe the defining book in my like regarding civic virtue. He started going off the rails with Stranger in a Strange Land, and was really fearing the end of his life with the Lazarus Long missives. But I read them all.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
I love these answers but I’m concerned that most you all don’t what a STRANGER is with your sentimental replies. :shakehead:

Well, in my case since I have very few memories of my grandfather I would consider him a stranger. :lol3: On another note, I did sit next to the girl who starred in Queens Gambit today while we were both eating in the Air France Lounge at CDG before flying to JFK. Though I was tempted to strike up a conversation with her (or at least tell her “Your move” before leaving) I thought that would be a little creepy. Almost as creepy as me snapping a shot of her for my wife, who loves all her work! I’m, guessing that doesn’t count either though Mrs Rule Enforcer! :lol2:
7F39309B-6302-4443-AF95-307575F548D1.jpeg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Well, in my case since I have very few memories of my grandfather I would consider him a stranger. :lol3: On another note, I did sit next to the girl who starred in Queens Gambit today while we were both eating in the Air France Lounge at CDG before flying to JFK. Though I was tempted to strike up a conversation with her (or at least tell her “Your move” before leaving) I thought that would be a little creepy. Almost as creepy as me snapping a shot of her for my wife, who loves all her work! I’m, guessing that doesn’t count either though Mrs Rule Enforcer! :lol2:
View attachment 53919

I’ll give you a pass in honor of your grandfather. Thank him for his service when you finally get to see him again.

Loved her in a Queen’s Gambit!

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
View attachment 53919

Just saw her in The Menu.
She was fantastic

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Gotcha (but we are a sentimental lot). The non-living stranger I’d dine with would be the Duke! Got a lot to talk about and I know he enjoyed a good steak!

The living stranger would probably be Ron DeSantis.

*I actually got to sit at the table and visit with Danny Wuerffel at a FCA dinner several years back. It was very enjoyable and he shared a lot of stories from his days at UF. I got a couple of autographed photos from him that were pretty neat.
Did you sell the autographed pics to buy drugs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.