Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
What's your favorite ethnic cuisine?

1) American with a lot of seafood
2) Mexican
3) Chinese

Mexican overall is pretty consistent, but Chinese is pretty hit or miss.

I'm partial to Italian and Japanese food.
I also like ham sammiches

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I would say that almost any Latin American fare is high on the BNA family’s list. We regularly cycle through Mexican, Colombian, Argentinian, Salvadoran, and Brazilian restaurants. We’ll order $100 worth of frozen empanadas and those will be snacks/meals for a few weeks. I turned my daughter onto Mole and now she’s addicted. Moving to Denver, we’ve gotten a “New Mexican” flair added with the abundance of red and green chili.

When not Latin, then it’s a close race between Indian and Thai for 2nd place. We eat both regularly.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
1. Southern American grill/barbeque

2. Thai

3. Italian

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I couldn't possibly choose a favorite cuisine.

To what's been mentioned I would add Mediterranean / middle eastern (Greek, Turkish, Lebanese, Persian)

Also I would expand Thai to be south east Asian (Thai, Malaysian, Vietnamese)

Plus eastern European

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Irish food is my favorite - said no one ever.
If I'm picking the least amazing cuisine, I'm going with Iceland. Ireland, the UK and Germany would rank pretty low as well.

But since you've mentioned Irish and I think you are in Orlando, you should check out the Chicken Tikka Masala Pasty at Claddagh Cottage. It's delicious... Basically a pot pie with Tika Masala in it instead of beef stew.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
1. Redneck food

2. Indian food

3. Mexican

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would say that almost any Latin American fare is high on the BNA family’s list. We regularly cycle through Mexican, Colombian, Argentinian, Salvadoran, and Brazilian restaurants. We’ll order $100 worth of frozen empanadas and those will be snacks/meals for a few weeks. I turned my daughter onto Mole and now she’s addicted. Moving to Denver, we’ve gotten a “New Mexican” flair added with the abundance of red and green chili.

When not Latin, then it’s a close race between Indian and Thai for 2nd place. We eat both regularly.

The only way I can eat moles is dipped in an egg wash and fried, and you gotta cut that damned nose off.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

Soooooo, "Mexican."

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
iu

Alex.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Soooooo, "Mexican."

:lol:

Many of these are validated authentic - I've never had a pupusa until we found the salvadoran place...definitely not mexican.

Most of the other stuff though....yeah, mexican with a spin.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Like that's hard or something?

• Cajun
  • Creole
  • American BBQ...Steak

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
:lol:

Many of these are validated authentic - I've never had a pupusa until we found the salvadoran place...definitely not mexican.

Most of the other stuff though....yeah, mexican with a spin.
Soooo... they all got together (without killing each other, because, hey, $$$$) and formed this "independent entity" that "certifies/validates" them for their individual country "authenticity", which is, of course, all Mexican, but with a validated certificate of authenticity? Like that? :lol:

I'd say you listed two things: "Mexican" and "Brazilian"... cuz yeah, "meat with a stop/serve me fukkin now! sign" is a clear differentiator for me! ;)

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Soooo... they all got together (without killing each other, because, hey, $$$$) and formed this "independent entity" that "certifies/validates" them for their individual country "authenticity", which is, of course, all Mexican, but with a validated certificate of authenticity? Like that? :lol:

I'd say you listed two things: "Mexican" and "Brazilian"... cuz yeah, "meat with a stop/serve me fukkin now! sign" is a clear differentiator for me! ;)

No dumbass, I did exhaustive research (i.e. I read the "About us" on their websites) and then had conversations with the owners to fact check their online "claims" for authenticity. My poker experience allows me to spot liars.

Now I suppose in your Carib-like world, a big group of Mexicans might have gotten together in a collusive effort and decided "Ok Jose, you are now Colombian and will open a "Colombian" restaurant - here is your backstory. Manuela, your new identify is Carlita, and you emigrated from San Salvador in 2002, and you will now start making papusas....". I think you might just be on to something! :D

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
No dumbass, I did exhaustive research (i.e. I read the "About us" on their websites) and then had conversations with the owners to fact check their online "claims" for authenticity. My poker experience allows me to spot liars.

Now I suppose in your Carib-like world, a big group of Mexicans might have gotten together in a collusive effort and decided "Ok Jose, you are now Colombian and will open a "Colombian" restaurant - here is your backstory. Manuela, your new identify is Carlita, and you emigrated from San Salvador in 2002, and you will now start making papusas....". I think you might just be on to something! :D
Why not? It's what "orientals" do! :lol:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My favorite local restaurant here is a South American restaurant. They have a famous dish from each shiit hole country down there. Very unique dishes, very not-Mexican.

But to be fair... the kids will only order their cheese quesadilla. :lmao2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb