Tuesday Favorites....Let's talk shoes

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
It's off-season, let's discuss shoes.

Do you have a favorite brand that you buy year after year?

Walk/run/tennis (or rather tennie) shoes
Dress shoes

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
@BNAG8R does... :lol:

As for me, I've stuck to the same Merrell shoes (and "mandals") and Asolo boots for 20 years.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
@BNAG8R does... :lol:

As for me, I've stuck to the same Merrell shoes (and "mandals") and Asolo boots for 20 years.
@Seedy is a creature of habit and bought Vasque boots for 30 years but they changed countries where they made them and the quality went down. He tried Danner last year and seems pleased.

I'm not faithful to any brand really and buy it for looks.... being a girl and all.
I used to buy Nike because the colors but I realized they were hurting my knees and they were junk.
The kids do Brooks and Asics because of foot problems.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
@Seedy is a creature of habit and bought Vasque boots for 30 years but they changed countries where they made them and the quality went down. He tried Danner last year and seems pleased.

I'm not faithful to any brand really and buy it for looks.... being a girl and all.
I used to buy Nike because the colors
but I realized they were hurting my knees and they were junk.
The kids do Brooks and Asics because of foot problems.
Danner's were great in the Army.

As for the bold part, so is BNA, and he still does... :lol:

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
If your shoes don't permit earthing, then take them off. You are killing yourself.

#iReadItOnTheInterwebz

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
If your shoes don't permit earthing, then take them off. You are killing yourself.

#iReadItOnTheInterwebz
I don't even know what this means but I've heard that shoes change the shape of feet.
Our toes are meant to be splayed out.

1675178938089.png

1675178960488.png

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
I strongly suggest for your future health that you google "Earthing" and adjust your lifestyle accordingly.

Do it quickly before the next cataclysmic polar shift occurs.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have been an avid runner for decades and I only buy New Balance running shoes. There are better brands out there but they are unreasonably priced.

Brands like Nike look great but don’t offer comfort and performance like the real brands do.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I strongly suggest for your future health that you google "Earthing" and adjust your lifestyle accordingly.

Do it quickly before the next cataclysmic polar shift occurs.
I've heard that breathing garden soil makes people happier.
I'm willing to garden barefoot but will draw the line at gardening naked.
Even if it's good for the earth. :shakehead:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’ve been wearing Hoka’s the past year for running. They seem to be ok, but I’m thinking of giving Altra’s a shot.

Dress shoes are tough because quality changes, even among higher end brands. So while I always go Italian leather, there are plenty of bad shoes that fall into that category, despite the overall lines being solid. Bruno Magli and Ferragamo are great examples of this.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I've heard that breathing garden soil makes people happier.
I'm willing to garden barefoot but will draw the line at gardening naked.
Even if it's good for the earth. :shakehead:

Think what it could do for your neighborhood property values though. Always look long term.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Danner's were great in the Army.

As for the bold part, so is BNA, and he still does... :lol:
The Big Lebowski Film GIF by The Good Films

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
My feet are always painful to some degree. I had surgery for plantar fasciitis on both feet years ago and they are still uncomfortable all the time. I usually wear some old Durango western boots that are very comfortable, or at least compared to most other shoes I've worn. For the most part, I need inserts to provide additional cushioning up in the forefront of my feet but those inserts are hard to find. I even went to the Good Feet store and paid $400 for only one pair of inserts. They don't help...

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
What ever the 22 dollar low quarters that they sold in the clothing sales store. New Balance for running. Johnson and Murphy for dress shoes and Born sandals.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Been wearing these for the past few months while finishing up the house renovation.
I’m ready for a change

8DDE015D-32FE-497D-99A0-115B6786E9A5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb