Tuesday Favorites....Let's talk shoes

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
@Seedy finally replaced his old, old running shoes with a new pair of On Cloud shoes but it's not off to a good start. One of the shoes squeaks when he walks. It's probably the glue that didn't adhere to the inside cushion. I heard it when he tried it on in Tallahassee but thought it was the rubber sole on the floor. He contacted customer service. They said they couldn't "hear the squeak" from the photo and denied his claim. Fortunately the small local shop in Tallahassee will replace them but now we have to pay to send them back. Seedy is big on customer service and I'm sure will hold a lasting grudge against On Cloud forever with this experience. For almost $200 I would expect better service from the company. No complaints with the local store.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
@Seedy finally replaced his old, old running shoes with a new pair of On Cloud shoes but it's not off to a good start. One of the shoes squeaks when he walks. It's probably the glue that didn't adhere to the inside cushion. I heard it when he tried it on in Tallahassee but thought it was the rubber sole on the floor. He contacted customer service. They said they couldn't "hear the squeak" from the photo and denied his claim. Fortunately the small local shop in Tallahassee will replace them but now we have to pay to send them back. Seedy is big on customer service and I'm sure will hold a lasting grudge against On Cloud forever with this experience. For almost $200 I would expect better service from the company. No complaints with the local store.
Disappointing to hear about OC customer service. They've grown so big apparently that CS drops off a little Somewhat common unfortunately.

BTW, was that Fleet Feet in Tally you're speaking of? Or The Shoe Box?

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Disappointing to hear about OC customer service. They've grown so big apparently that CS drops off a little Somewhat common unfortunately.

BTW, was that Fleet Feet in Tally you're speaking of? Or The Shoe Box?
Kevin's Outdoor
OC didn't even suggest going back to the retailer. The reply was a simple sorry but no.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Kevin's Outdoor
OC didn't even suggest going back to the retailer. The reply was a simple sorry but no.
Really pisses me off they did that since EVERY dealer I know says OC has been the hottest shoe brand in years. Dealers are still trying get opened with them even today, 5-6 years after they took off. Typically when a brand gets hot, the demand to get opened and set up as a dealer starts to fade a little after 2-3 years as the market gets flooded with resellers....saturation. But these guys haven't slowed down one iota---in sales anyway. They may have started out doing a great job at customer service for some time, but couldn't scale up that same goodwill. I guess they are so big now they know if they piss off a bunch of customers on the CS side---there's even more they will pickup. Once they started branching into their apparel side and other sports besides just walk/run/fashion---their heads followed suit. It will catch up one day in some form.

They better be looking over their shoulder at Hoka(which I know they do). Have yet to anything bad whatsoever on Hokas, and the one thing that is heard from practically everyone who wears them--THE most comfortable shoe they've ever worn.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Really pisses me off they did that since EVERY dealer I know says OC has been the hottest shoe brand in years. Dealers are still trying get opened with them even today, 5-6 years after they took off. Typically when a brand gets hot, the demand to get opened and set up as a dealer starts to fade a little after 2-3 years as the market gets flooded with resellers....saturation. But these guys haven't slowed down one iota---in sales anyway. They may have started out doing a great job at customer service for some time, but couldn't scale up that same goodwill. I guess they are so big now they know if they piss off a bunch of customers on the CS side---there's even more they will pickup. Once they started branching into their apparel side and other sports besides just walk/run/fashion---their heads followed suit. It will catch up one day in some form.

They better be looking over their shoulder at Hoka(which I know they do). Have yet to anything bad whatsoever on Hokas, and the one thing that is heard from practically everyone who wears them--THE most comfortable shoe they've ever worn.
Thanks for you input. I knew you had experience with them and was interested in your impression.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Sprinkle some talcum powder or baby powder inside them.

Seriously.

Alex.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020

I thought long and hard about buying either OC or Hoka about 18 months ago and finally decided on buying Hoka shoes. They were great. Very comfortable and looked pretty good too. The ONLY issue that I experienced was the sole wore out pretty quickly. I don't wear them on a daily basis, probably "maybe" once per week on average. Full disclosure though: most every time that I would go on a walk, averaging about 4-6 miles the surface I was walking on was either asphalt or concrete.

I recently bought a new pair of Asics Puregel. I'm still undecided on these...

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It is below the shoe insert and the rubber sole. It is NOT accessible by any powder.

You're probably right.

But if I were in your shoes, I'd try it anyway. Nuthin' to lose.

Alex.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yeah - first and last pair of that brand.

I finally caved and bought my first pair of OC’s back in January and love them. But can’t believe they’d handle an issue like that. I’d react the exact same way. That’s crazy.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
New replacement shoes arrived from the retailer. Screw OC! They are nice and quiet, like ninja and no squeaks. Too bad we will never purchase from them again. I like the look.

1713525738313.png

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
New replacement shoes arrived from the retailer. Screw OC! They are nice and quiet, like ninja and no squeaks. Too bad we will never purchase from them again. I like the look.

View attachment 69342
Such language!

shocked dance moms GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator