Tuesday Favorites....Let's talk shoes

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
For those of you who suffer from Plantar Fasciitis and aren't vain about your appearance, Z Coil makes this shoe specifically for PF. I think they are a bit on the expensive side though. Not sure if they work or not. This pair costs $259.95 from the manufacturer...

61fd-AJqkjL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
My default show when appearances don't matter is the flip flop made by Crocs. Comfy, durable, and available in all colors.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Brooks for running.
ONs for casual sneaker.
Eccos for dress.
Merrils and Olukai for casual dress.
Crocs for walking the dog and taking out the trash.
Olukai for flip flops

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sperrys and for tennis shoes Nike .

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
ah yes, sperry's. how could i forget. i suppose because they are such a part of my wardrobe that they are really just an extension of me, not much different than an appendage. sperry's are life.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Before sofla locks the thread -
I picked up these bad boys tonight at Target.
Got the ones with “COMFORT INCLUDED” totally shunning the ones without the comfort

B4C8AD63-A45D-4EA3-8F0D-44A27B74C8D1.jpeg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
For those of you who suffer from Plantar Fasciitis and aren't vain about your appearance, Z Coil makes this shoe specifically for PF. I think they are a bit on the expensive side though. Not sure if they work or not. This pair costs $259.95 from the manufacturer...

61fd-AJqkjL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I don’t know that not wanting to look like a a mental patient from the future and/or being uncomfortable wearing some sort of hybrid Wile E Coyote contraption, necessarily constitutes someone being vain.

In any event, I just certainly hope the $259.95 price tag includes front row seats and a meet-n-greet at the Mel Torme charity event.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
For what it's worth, this is from personal sales rep observation in asking my various accounts in the southeast. I have this many 'run specialty stores' in my territory:

1675952995759.png

Approx 130 true running stores. Another 40 general sporting goods stores, and another 40 'brown shoe/family shoe stores'. I always ask each account what is hot for them--selling or trendy, what do most of their customers prefer, etc., so even though it's not technical it is a general feel for the pulse out there. It varies some from store to store, and even locale to locale but overall this is a fairly good capsule of the shoe business.

Again--FWIW:

True hard core, veteran runners--they wear Brooks, Asics, Altra. All the other brands have decent followings but these 3 are the leaders without question...overall.

Hottest brand out there in Run Specialty Stores: Hoka. Without debate. They are selling great but it covers runners, people who want to help fix foot problems, people just looking for comfort, etc.

THE hottest brand of running/sports shoes across the board(run/family stores, general footwear stores): On....or On Cloud, On Running, etc---anyone would know who you're talking about if you call them any of these names. Many of my accounts who've been in the business over 30 years have told me they have NEVER seen a faster selling brand than On-Running. And this trend has been going for 3-4 years now. Several accounts have described them as "running shoes for people who don't run'....which screams of being 'trendy' and something to watch to see when it crashes, but in reality there are some serious runners who love them too. They are covering both fashion and function.

People who look at shoes like Altra for running are a little unique in that they are 'zero drop shoes' for the most part. Basically little to no heel. a flat-foot shoe that takes some getting used to but offers a lot of benefits(along with a wide toe box for the squatchy foot person). A good friend of mine who is one of the crazy ultra-runners(100 mile races regularly, marathon training races 5 times per week....5 marathon runs per week! I said he was nuts) He is a field rep for Altra and he would not want to run in anything else. Serious running shoe but a bit different.

Ok--I've rambled. Just putting out there what I have been told and witnessed in a LOT of shoe stores here in the southeast.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
For what it's worth, this is from personal sales rep observation in asking my various accounts in the southeast. I have this many 'run specialty stores' in my territory:

View attachment 54505

Approx 130 true running stores. Another 40 general sporting goods stores, and another 40 'brown shoe/family shoe stores'. I always ask each account what is hot for them--selling or trendy, what do most of their customers prefer, etc., so even though it's not technical it is a general feel for the pulse out there. It varies some from store to store, and even locale to locale but overall this is a fairly good capsule of the shoe business.

Again--FWIW:

True hard core, veteran runners--they wear Brooks, Asics, Altra. All the other brands have decent followings but these 3 are the leaders without question...overall.

Hottest brand out there in Run Specialty Stores: Hoka. Without debate. They are selling great but it covers runners, people who want to help fix foot problems, people just looking for comfort, etc.

THE hottest brand of running/sports shoes across the board(run/family stores, general footwear stores): On....or On Cloud, On Running, etc---anyone would know who you're talking about if you call them any of these names. Many of my accounts who've been in the business over 30 years have told me they have NEVER seen a faster selling brand than On-Running. And this trend has been going for 3-4 years now. Several accounts have described them as "running shoes for people who don't run'....which screams of being 'trendy' and something to watch to see when it crashes, but in reality there are some serious runners who love them too. They are covering both fashion and function.

People who look at shoes like Altra for running are a little unique in that they are 'zero drop shoes' for the most part. Basically little to no heel. a flat-foot shoe that takes some getting used to but offers a lot of benefits(along with a wide toe box for the squatchy foot person). A good friend of mine who is one of the crazy ultra-runners(100 mile races regularly, marathon training races 5 times per week....5 marathon runs per week! I said he was nuts) He is a field rep for Altra and he would not want to run in anything else. Serious running shoe but a bit different.

Ok--I've rambled. Just putting out there what I have been told and witnessed in a LOT of shoe stores here in the southeast.

1675963452632.png

No one runs in Alabama. Total sham and waste of space to have stores there. I respect Arkansas’ honesty.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
View attachment 54508

No one runs in Alabama. Total sham and waste of space to have stores there. I respect Arkansas’ honesty.
A little truth in that really. Hardly any run specialty stores in the rural small towns in Alabama--most of them are in larger metro areas-Bham, Montgomery, Mobile, etc. One of the best running stores in the south and perhaps the country is in Bham though, especially regarding location. Trak Shak is in a suburb of Bham....Homewood....and has THE best retail spot I have ever seen for any retail store carrying any type product. There are a lot of runners that shop there. But true that Florida blows away the other states I cover with sheer volume of runners.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
A little truth in that really. Hardly any run specialty stores in the rural small towns in Alabama--most of them are in larger metro areas-Bham, Montgomery, Mobile, etc. One of the best running stores in the south and perhaps the country is in Bham though, especially regarding location. Trak Shak is in a suburb of Bham....Homewood....and has THE best retail spot I have ever seen for any retail store carrying any type product. There are a lot of runners that shop there. But true that Florida blows away the other states I cover with sheer volume of runners.
Ah, so where all those G Damn Yankees live!!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.