Tuesday Favorites...Marvel Character

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was a comic book reader in my youth, preferred DC over Marvel, but always enjoyed Spider-Man and The Fantastic Four. Never really got into the Marvel movies. Though I’ll never watch them, I am kinda concerned about the trend toward movies with “non-traditional” heroes :rolleyes:. I guess that’s why I still prefer Westerns.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was a comic book reader in my youth, preferred DC over Marvel, but always enjoyed Spider-Man and The Fantastic Four. Never really got into the Marvel movies. Though I’ll never watch them, I am kinda concerned about the trend toward movies with “non-traditional” heroes :rolleyes:. I guess that’s why I still prefer Westerns.
They are good. You should watch them.

So far I haven't turned transgender or anything, but I do like Slug so you never know.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Spidey’s cool, but it’s
ANT MAN
hands down!
Those two movies with Paul Rudd are hilarious.
IMO

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
source.gif

Subtract 10 points
Not a marvel character.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I'm still working on my book, "How to Raise Boys in These Confusing Times" by Hondo Lane (and other John Wayne characters). For example, chapters include...

Swimming in one easy, free lesson...

Speech therapy, proper methods (also in one easy, free lesson)...

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Detroitgator ...you nailed it as far as I’m concerned. Those two clips encapsulate how I grew up and some of the principles I applied to raising my kids as well as the expectations I had for those I taught and coached. “Feelings” are what too many people these days, in my opinion, are primarily concerned about. Those folks are basically useless when the world rises up and says “F your feelings!” In your second clip, Wil Andersen (the Duke) tells the kid that he’s going to stop that stuttering right now or get the hell out of there. After some tears and excuses, a little pride wells up and pushes the self pity out of the way. That’s kinda the way it was for some of us, thankfully. I fully believe we need a return to this kind of child rearing and expectations. Otherwise, we’ll soon be a nation of social workers and drive-thru attendants.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@Detroitgator ...you nailed it as far as I’m concerned. Those two clips encapsulate how I grew up and some of the principles I applied to raising my kids as well as the expectations I had for those I taught and coached..
Honestly, that would be considered a felony far worse than a thug doing an armed robbery (average 6 months to 18 months in prison, or now just probabtion coz Covid). Youd do 10-30 years for the crime of masculinity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator