Tuesday Favorites....Pizza

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Anthony’s Coal Fires Pizza

It used to be the Paul and young Ron, but I think it changed names. With the spicy peppers, is one of the best pies out there.

and it’s a chain joint, which is a bit of a surprise

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Other than my family’s place...I’d have to go with Denino’s on Staten Island...IT IS PHENOMENAL! Margherita pizza and add sausage

48e4b3c8c4edc08e8569a7fc9379cf64.jpg

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Haven’t found a really good pizza joint since I moved back to Jacksonville last year. That said, I’ll eat damn near any pizza.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Old Chicago Pizza. I've only ate at them out in Colorado Springs, CO but I think there is one in Chattanooga.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
When I was a student, these were around a buck. If there was a pack of sliced cheese in the fridge, you could tear a slice into strips add them on top before cooking.

These were a staple when financial aid started running out and decisions had to be made. These along with ramen, store brand mac n cheese, and frozen burritos.

iu

That said, the best pizza is hot and fresh, especially NY style which lacks mass and has a large surface area so it loses heat quickly. I like them all, NY, Neapolitan, Chicago (which should be called pizza casserole, not pizza), Detroit, all of them, especially when they are hot and fresh.

One of my favorites is a Central Florida style that usually goes by the name Stavros but some places do similar pies as Manny's, Kelsey's, and Taki's. They are all over Daytona, Ormond, Leesburg, Eustis, New Smyrna, Port Orange, Merritt Island, etc.

It's a thicker pie, but not Chicago style. Not as thick as a pan pizza, and it's very crispy. It's kind of its own style.

If you've never had it, you should give it a shot.

iu

iu

iu

Alex.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bad timing to read this thread....

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Alex.[/QUOTE]
Speaking of Totinos ... One of my nephews came to visit me when he was a teenager. He was around 6'5"...maybe 180. Skinny. Anyway, I bought a bunch of junk food for him to eat while I was at work and for late night. He ate all 4 Totino pizzas the first night (after I had gone to bed). lol.

They are good.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
For all you Jax peeps... there is also a Moon River on Edgewood and this was our goto when we lived up there.

Is that the one in Fruit Cove area? We just moved here a few months ago and tried that one. Wasn’t that impressed. We did another place one night and my wife said cheese only and literally got cheese only.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is that the one in Fruit Cove area? We just moved here a few months ago and tried that one. Wasn’t that impressed. We did another place one night and my wife said cheese only and literally got cheese only.

I only see Fernidina and Edgewood locations according to their website:
Moon River Pizza

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.